FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

Paulie's Stories : History of Lost Heaven [p.1-3]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Melhior

590 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:13 am    Post subject: Re: Paulie's Stories : History of Lost Heaven [p.1-2] Reply with quote

mammix wrote:
If possible, wait for release. Maybe I'll still do some changes before that, and I don't want anyone to know the plot before I release it Smile

OK. Sad
lubomir222

53 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:57 pm    Post subject: Paulie's Stories : History of Lost Heaven [p.1-2] Reply with quote

Amazing mod mate. Great story and great missions!
Melhior

590 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:45 am    Post subject: Re: Paulie's Stories : History of Lost Heaven [p.1-2] Reply with quote

mammix wrote:
The problem is dubbing. But otherwise it shouldn't take much longer, max month.
Thanks for your patience and see you soon!

How's the mod? It's been two months.
mammix

5991 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:32 am    Post subject: Paulie's Stories : History of Lost Heaven [p.1-2] Reply with quote

I'm done, I'm waiting for testers and half of dubbing. I don't want to rush anyone, as in these times they have more important things to do. I'll give them a bit more time and if there won't be any reaction, I'll publish the mod without dubbing.
vapno92

617 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:06 am    Post subject: Paulie's Stories : History of Lost Heaven [p.1-2] Reply with quote

GREAT! Thank You for update man, I am looking forward to it SO MUCH! One of the BEST mods for Mafia, sadly a little bit overlooked.
Well, what can you do, golden age of Mafia modding is over for good Sad
mammix

5991 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 3:23 pm    Post subject: Paulie's Stories : History of Lost Heaven [p.1-2] Reply with quote

Finally, the 3rd part is finished!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rtyczr7zdkhcxh9/mod.rar?dl=0 (download the mod)
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jwbn569bhsb3fsa/AACgUWfRPP3Si9OqjimHmU1Fa?dl=0 (dropbox folder with all information about the mod)
https://youtu.be/ExeD-1ROwB4 (Trailer of the third part)

What’s new?
- 4 new missions depicting the story leading to the rise of Salieri and Morello,
- new models and textures (including the ones from The Lost Family by DMateo, thank you!),
- fixing many bugs from previous parts,
- and more. Check it out yourself Smile

About the Polish dubbing – unfortunately, not all actors from previous parts returned. I hope it will change. This is why their parts have been replaced with a voice generator. I apologise for the effect. Of course, this is not a preferred solution, but it seems it was the best one from all the possibilities available to me right now. For sure, it’s a temporary one.
As always, all the info about bugs etc. can be found in the files on dropbox.
What’s next? 2 parts of the mod are left. At the moment, I need a SHORT break from Mafia, cause I have enough. I will change the method of working on the mod; it is actually a good moment, as I had relatively little ideas on the next part. It may be a bit shorter and more chaotic, but I’ll try that its quality doesn’t drop. It shouldn’t take me so long to make it, though.
I would like to thank Patryk, who helped me a loooooot with the models, dubbing and generally every aspect of working on the mod Smile Trojan – thank you for your help with the dubbing and providing motivation to continue working, for few years now. Also, thanks to every one writing to me and leaving comments about the mod – it really helps!
Thank you for your patience and enjoy playing the new part!
Melhior

590 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: Paulie's Stories : History of Lost Heaven [p.1-2] Reply with quote

mammix wrote:
Thank you for your patience and enjoy playing the new part!

Which folder should I rename to start the third part?
mammix

5991 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 9:19 am    Post subject: Paulie's Stories : History of Lost Heaven [p.1-3] Reply with quote

If you want to start from the 3rd part, just put the contents of the "missions/TUTORIAL/3CZESC" folder into the "missions/TUTORIAL" folder and start a new game in Mafia. If you want to start from the 1st mission, you have to put the content of the "missions/1DOM" folder into "missions/TUTORIAL" folder and start a new game in Mafia.
Melhior

590 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 7:18 am    Post subject: Paulie's Stories : History of Lost Heaven [p.1-3] Reply with quote

In the course of testing the translation (not just the whole translation, but only the preliminary translation), I noticed that you didn't register a distance check between Paulie and Sam. When Sam opens the apartment, he leans against the wall and starts talking. Paulie can be anywhere when the dialog is started.

I also noticed that you don't use actor_setdir.

But for the movement of the lips-respect. When I tried to do this, I spat and waved my hand.
mammix

5991 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 10:10 pm    Post subject: Paulie's Stories : History of Lost Heaven [p.1-3] Reply with quote

If someone wants to see what this part is about, you can check out videos by ParadonzPlay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-z1E1OHv4Y& and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9QZdtKK99w. They are in Russian, but he uses English subtitles during dialogues. However, he made some mistakes in installation, so there are bugs (no map, floating people etc.). So I recommend to play the mod yourself instead Wink
I will be also trying to record the gameplay on my YT, together with an installation guide. I plan the videos to be in Polish and English at the same time.

@Melhior - how is the translation going?
I'm not sure what you mean with the dialogue. Sam is supposed to lean next to the wall (like he does in Paradonz's video) and you are supposed to be able to move around, on purpose.
The lips are not such a big bother, especially compared to copying the text into db files... This takes forever. But thanks for kind words Very happy
mammix

5991 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:24 pm    Post subject: Paulie's Stories : History of Lost Heaven [p.1-3] Reply with quote

Russian translation thanks to Melhior:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/19H_GdPgOO2wnkN6hhYmw5T4_KFh_5KQv/view?usp=sharing
I'll upload it to dropbox in few days, hopefully.
silent_gxg

64 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:10 pm    Post subject: Paulie's Stories : History of Lost Heaven [p.1-3] Reply with quote

Thank you, mammix. I loved all your new great content from part 3.

I particularly enjoy the car chase missions and the overall attention to fine details.

For anyone who wants to play it but still not sure what to expect, here is Paulie's Stories - part 3 in pictures (combined with Real Car Facing 1.6.1 mod and other car mods)(warning! - contains spoilers):

https://imgur.com/a/YXRTK4k

Many thanks to you, mammix, for sharing your high quality hard work! Thumbs up (left) Applause
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: