FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Paulie's Stories : History of Lost Heaven [p.1]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mammix

24 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject: Paulie's Stories : History of Lost Heaven [p.1] Reply with quote

Paulie's Stories : History of Lost Heaven[mission pack p.1]

VIDEO TRAILER:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP5Ozjq9AYs

Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jwbn569bhsb3fsa/AACgUWfRPP3Si9OqjimHmU1Fa?dl=0

Download of the Russian version (from my understanding done by user Paradonz - thank you!):
https://yadi.sk/d/Tuzu2qF83LGmRR

I don't want to spam you with information in this post, so I'll just let you know that all the essential information is to be found on the dropbox (download link).

In few words- what is this mod?
Long time ago (2004? 2005?), after I finished Mafia for the first time, I had an idea for a story about Paulie and his life before the game. As I kept on developing it, I created a story about Lost Heaven itself and how it could be before 1930. Still, you play as Paulie and he is the main character. You still will meet Salieri, Frank, Sam, Morellos, Peppone, Luigi, Vincenzo and others you met in Mafia or the ones you couldn't meet (ever wondered why isn't there Chinese mafia in China Town?).
To be honest, the story is strong and it is the best part of the mod.
I taught myself how to script for the needs of the mod and I have to say I'm doing a good job. I think I also designed the levels well. But you'll be the judge of that!
But in order to make it a real mod, not only a mission pack, I need help in modeling and general graphic work. I am hopeless in that.
In short- I will need human models, cars, guns, city decoration (buildings, roads etc).

Again, all the details you need you can find in the download link.

I hope you decide to play the mod, enjoy it and like it!

Please write to me what do you think about it - what should I improve, what did you like or not.
Please also let me know if you played it, to create such a thing takes a lot of time and if I'm supposed to waste it for nothing, I should know now Wink

Thanks for playing and hope you enjoy!

Last edited by mammix on Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Melhior

37 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject: Paulie's Stories : History of Lost Heaven [p.1] Reply with quote

Have a read.

I also did the mod about Paulie. How he got to Lost Heaven, as entered in the Family. Wrote part of the screenplay, made a sketch of the three missions with cutscenes. My friend has rejuvenated a few of the characters. But due to the fact that I'm not good in scripting, the process stopped.

Are you interested in how to translate the subtitles (With the English language.) in Russian language? If you certainly not used, only standard phrases. And created a new ID in textdb_xx.def.
Or at least renamed the existing.
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276214 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Paulie's Stories : History of Lost Heaven [p.1] Reply with quote

Sorry, but what does a video showing the cutscenes
of the game Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven got to
to do with this mod? Thinking

Last edited by Muggy on Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
mammix

24 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Paulie's Stories : History of Lost Heaven [p.1] Reply with quote

Melhior wrote:
Have a read.

I also did the mod about Paulie. How he got to Lost Heaven, as entered in the Family. Wrote part of the screenplay, made a sketch of the three missions with cutscenes. My friend has rejuvenated a few of the characters. But due to the fact that I'm not good in scripting, the process stopped.

Are you interested in how to translate the subtitles (With the English language.) in Russian language? If you certainly not used, only standard phrases. And created a new ID in textdb_xx.def.
Or at least renamed the existing.

I made a Polish text and English, I am not planning to do more versions, but if someone wants to translate it himself, I won't stop him.
The textdb file is there, of course, in the mod. It is a bit messy, as I didn't bother to delete the text from tests/failed attempts, and as I kept on changing and fixing the mod the text went a bit all over the place, but everything you need can be found rather easily anyway Smile

Muggy wrote:
Sorry, but what does a video showing the cutscenes
of the game Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven got to
to do with this mod? Thinking

Well, play and you'll see! Wink
I just wanted to have a little trailer of the mod and I did it as a break (I needed a time off after the missions just wouldn't work for no reason. It worked! After restarting the game after few days everything started working again without any changes!)...
It's basically retelling what we know about Lost Heaven before 1930 to get you in a mood what you can expect in the mod.
Revan31

73 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Paulie's Stories : History of Lost Heaven [p.1] Reply with quote

I tried your mod. In the prologue, no sounds, no subtitles was included even I had them activated.
In the first mission main thug get stuck at the beginning of the sidewalk so I had to create there a collision and help him a little bit.
Then I tried to figure out what should I do, because again no mission objectives were included. After a while I found out that I am controlling a character.

I did not finished even first mission. Thugs were so smart, that even I got into some cover, they spotted me. Tried that few times, then I uninstalled that.

I suggest you to fix this bugs because its not playable at all.
mammix

24 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject: Paulie's Stories : History of Lost Heaven [p.1] Reply with quote

It's really very weird, I tried the mod on like 3 separate Mafias and computers, two of my friends as well tried it and anything like that did not happen.
Are you sure you installed the mod properly? Especially the textdb file?

I played it uncountable times as well, the characters never got stuck anywhere (apart from 1 bug in 3rd mission). Again, maybe the installation is the problem? How many times did you try to restart the mission (sometimes Mafia really randomly stops working properly, as you probably know)

As far as the level you describe goes - well, the NPCs are veeeery perceptive, but you just have to use the hiding spots. It can be a bit hard at the very beginning, but there's really only 1 way in the end, so you should get it quite easily. If it isn't, I may write a little walkthrough or something...

I'll anyway try the Mafia on one more computer to check if everything you describe happens, but that will be in few days, as I'm on holidays now.

But thank you for trying the mod and letting me know about it all, and please try again soon Smile

PS - Can you tell me which system are you using? We tested on windows 7 and 10, maybe the problem is somewhere there?
Melhior

37 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Paulie's Stories : History of Lost Heaven [p.1] Reply with quote

I also played. In the first mission the police need to go? I'm waiting for, but he does not leave. Father and his friends are. I tried to go further, where the couple sort things out, but the mission failed. Besides you have a typo in the command endofmission. Instead of 0 is a unit in some scripts.
mammix

24 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Paulie's Stories : History of Lost Heaven [p.1] Reply with quote

Melhior wrote:
I also played. In the first mission the police need to go? I'm waiting for, but he does not leave. Father and his friends are. I tried to go further, where the couple sort things out, but the mission failed. Besides you have a typo in the command endofmission. Instead of 0 is a unit in some scripts.

Go out of the gate, run behind the stand. That triggers a dialogue between the couple. When policeman looks away again, run further (behind this round thingy on the street). The guy from the couple will go to your "old" hideout (thus you have to run away from there) and the policeman will walk away. You then have to run behind the boxes on the street, as your dad will turn around and see you.

I hope that doesn't mean that I did a bad job with the mission (and the explanation in it). Please let me know your feedback about it after you pass it!

I know I have a mess in the scripts- sometimes I didn't want to delete some, so I can use them later if I need to. In this case I guess I didn't need to.

It seems everything is working for you, yes? Sounds, subtitles, objectives? Did you follow my installation points or did you do it on your own?

And thank you for playing Smile
Melhior

37 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:56 am    Post subject: Paulie's Stories : History of Lost Heaven [p.1] Reply with quote

Still can't get through this moment. To catch the moment when a couple and a policeman doesn't see me very difficult. Personally, I don't have the patience. Have then on YouTube to watch.)))) The sounds are available. But the main theme of the mafia is not suitable in the beginning of the mission. There are more disturbing melody needed.

P.S. Though the game is saved, but not enough save slots in the menu "load".

UPD: So. With great difficulty I passed this mod. He needs a revision. Namely to Tweak the script "detector otstuplenia auta". The distance is too small. And when you get to Frank or give the end of the game. Had to personally edit the script to pass. Also, when we remove the rat, then later find yourself right in the middle of the road car. It looks stupid and unnatural. Besides, if the car suddenly breaks down (I have so occurred), Frank's not coming out. And returning to the bar is strictly tied to a specific vehicle.

Then if you want you can throw a link to the passage of this mod in YouTube. In the Russian segment of YouTube there are two popular letsplay that are fashion first mafia.
Paradonz

26 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Paulie's Stories : History of Lost Heaven [p.1] Reply with quote

mammix wrote:

Hi! Passed today your mod and I liked it!
My colleague on the Mafia made a couple of changes + Russian language and play in one breath Smile Waiting for second part!
silent_gxg

37 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:42 am    Post subject: Paulie's Stories : History of Lost Heaven [p.1] Reply with quote

Hello mammix,

I have enjoyed your mod very much, you did a great job.

The story its solid and the scripts are just amazing.

Looking forward for Paulie's Stories part 2.

Cheers. Applause
mammix

24 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject: Paulie's Stories : History of Lost Heaven [p.1] Reply with quote

Thank you very much, @Paradonz and @silent_gxg! @Paradonz - I'll write on your youtube and thank you very much for putting my mod on the gameplay! Apparently you did fix some bugs, I will check it out in few hours/days and I'll probably include your corrections for the future versions Smile Of course, I'll put a note in the mod for your credit.
@Revan31 - I checked my mod on another computer, everything works. It also works for other people, as you can see. I think the problem could be with installation, as I did have some problems long time ago, while my Mafia was full of files from other patches and mods. If you would ever want to play the mod, please try installing it like I wrote in the instructions (on dropbox). It should work then, I hope.
@Melhior - the problem with save may be connected with your old saves. I don't know why, really, as in my games everything was nicely over-written, but maybe if you would play on a new profile everything should be OK.
The main theme was chosen by my wife, hard to fight against her Wink In the end, I guess it's kind of a personal feeling, I think that it is exactly the mood I wanted to achieved.

Melhior wrote:

Namely to Tweak the script "detector otstuplenia auta". The distance is too small.

Do you mean "detector_opusteni_auta" script from 2MIASTO mission? The one with distance between Paulie and the car?
If so, I'm amazed it worked for you! Very happy For the love of god, it would never work for me and I just left it there as a rubbish that it is. If it works for you though, I'll probably raise the metres to 150 or 200.
If that's not the script you meant, can you tell me which one is it? I had a look through the missions and couldn't find the one you mentioned and I don't really know from the context exactly which one do you mean.

Melhior wrote:

And when you get to Frank or give the end of the game. Had to personally edit the script to pass.

I'm not fully sure what do you mean, sorry. Do you mean talking to Frank after killing the rat?

Melhior wrote:

Also, when we remove the rat, then later find yourself right in the middle of the road car. It looks stupid and unnatural. Besides, if the car suddenly breaks down (I have so occurred), Frank's not coming out. And returning to the bar is strictly tied to a specific vehicle.

That's related with the problem with Frank after killing the rat.
At one point, Frank just stopped following me after I kill the rat (although the script worked before). So basically the mission would be not possible to be finished.
I tried putting a new Frank after killing the rat instead of Frank#1, so he can follow me. He didn't. No matter what I did.
That was I think my last problem with the mod and nothing would work. I ended it with just putting you and Frank to the car. I know it looks a bit bad, but just nothing else would work. I don't know why.
I understand that destroying the vehicle can be a bit annoying, as you would have to replay from the autosave, but I have a valid explanation. This is supposed to be 1912 or so, cars were not so cheap and popular (by that I mean there was little of them). If you destroyed a Mafia car back then, they would not treat it lightly and you would not be able to just steal one from the street instead Wink So there's a bit of challenge in that - you have to actually take care of the car, both in mission 2 and 3.
Maybe I'll change it in the future, but for now it will stay like that.

But thanks for the feedback, I will take all that you wrote under consideration and will make changes! I will do them just before I release part 2 now, I would like to focus on that now, I don't want to constantly re-do the part 1, as I'll just get stuck in there.

In few days I'm starting to work on part 2, I don't know how much time it will take me to do it though...

Thanks again everyone for playing! It really means a lot!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: