FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Creating your own menu

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mammix

20 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject: Creating your own menu Reply with quote

Hello everyone, my first post so I'll introduce myself. My name is Marcin, I'm Polish, studied history, now work in a museum. I am playing Mafia (regularily!) since... 2003?
Long, long time ago I had an idea for a mod (or rather mission pack), which I finally sat down to do few months ago. Well, first I had to learn how to script and so on, but I achieved some progress.
Now onto my questions.

1- What exactly do I have to do to make my own menu (as in looks)? I wanted to use Paulie's flat (from mission 19) as a base. I deleted all the scripts, but that's when I stop. I know you have to put special "frames" (camera_start and so on), but yeah - how do I actually insert them? From what I see, they aren't regular frames, they are not models... Do I actually always have to work on the map of menu from the game?

2- I don't know how to make "new game" button in the game menu actually start my mission (that I called for example "1"). My solution for now is to put "1" files into Mise01 folder. Then, in game, I press new game, watch intro and only then start my mission. From what I see in the files of other mods, somehow the creators did it differently (eg. Commission Mod - new game starts "mission21" or sth like that). How can I do it?

3- Is there any way that I put into the main menu of the game a movie I did for the needs of my mod (for example instead of Mafia intro)? Or a credits list?

4- I found the answer here today that the mafia def. editor works only on Mafia 1.0, while I was working on 1.2. As a result, the text in my menu continues to look all the time the same. I reckon that unless I move to 1.0 it will stay like that, but if I'm wrong please let me know.

Well, I hope someone answers.
Thank you for any effort!
And I hope some of you will download my mod Smile I should post a playable part 1 anytime soon, everything is working (although I admit some missions can be improved and hopefully I'll do so when my skill improves), I'm just now struggling with menu and translating some stuff to English.
Again, thank you!
Duelist

68 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Creating your own menu Reply with quote

I don't know about first 3 points but 4th is easy to solve. You'd have to edit *.mnu files in hex editor which is quite easy.
mammix

20 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Creating your own menu Reply with quote

I'll try that, thanks, will post how it went when I have time to check it out Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: