FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

Mafia Freeride Extended Mod
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavosWorks

67 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:00 am    Post subject: Mafia Freeride Extended Mod Reply with quote

Hi guys Very happy I'm working on few extensions. (using 3.0 mod)

-People in bars
-New country
-railroad near Lost Heaven port
-cars in salierys bar
maybe somebody could add bars from city bars mod Very happy And do better colisions.

I still have very goof FPS on my Windows Tablet.
(Surface Pro 6, Core i5 8250u quad-core, passive cooled, 8GB RAM, uHD620 GPU)

Look that. I Always though that Track12 from PS2 is somewhere here

And there is another tip for all modders or creators of models
Use KHED editor Smile Its much simpler than zmodeler, and you can model so fast. Also UV editor is much better and its great for precision.
But you need to work in original KHE format, and when you finish your model, you need to recopy it and export it to 3ds format (because sometimes its buggy). And then through zmodeler to 4ds.

AMadeMan

544 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:03 am    Post subject: Mafia Freeride Extended Mod Reply with quote

Excellent work! Applause

And good thing that you mentioned the KHED editor. Zmodeler and the lack of an alternative was something that bugged a lot of modders in the past.
Firefox3860

97 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:23 am    Post subject: Mafia Freeride Extended Mod Reply with quote

DavosWorks, not bad. But one thing you do some wrong. A new country territory should be placed by other way. The end of the road on your first screen is intended for this.
There is one secret. The fktr.4ds file must by in the models folder. Insert this file to the mission with zero coordinates and zero rotations. And look at this road — there will be the same territory.
DavosWorks

67 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:03 pm    Post subject: Mafia Freeride Extended Mod Reply with quote

Firefox3860 Thank you for advice. I will change it

But I'm facing an issue with collisions. It looks like mafia has collision range limit or something, or some kind of grid.
Because I've made some new face collisions, but when I reach specific distance, the collision doesnt work. (this place is far behind farm)

Can anybody help me with this?

But I have also good news. I've added some freedom Very happy because I've added new collision in to Chinatown coast

(By the way I've used Passat R36 custom car added by myslef (not my model) But I've added my own sounds from my own car with the same engine 3.6FSI V6 220kw mehehe)

Last edited by DavosWorks on Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Firefox3860

97 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:00 am    Post subject: Re: Mafia Freeride Extended Mod Reply with quote

DavosWorks wrote:
It looks like mafia has collision range limit or something, or some kind of grid
And there is. A grid within which collisions operate exists. Its borders may be set in Tools window at the Col tab.
DavosWorks

67 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:06 am    Post subject: Mafia Freeride Extended Mod Reply with quote

Thank you Firefox so much, it works I've incerased grid by 2000 minimum and maximum
I was looking for that years ago, and I never found a solution. I've gave u some bank notes for that

DavosWorks

67 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia Freeride Extended Mod Reply with quote

Firefox3860 wrote:
DavosWorks, not bad. But one thing you do some wrong. A new country territory should be placed by other way. The end of the road on your first screen is intended for this.
There is one secret. The fktr.4ds file must by in the models folder. Insert this file to the mission with zero coordinates and zero rotations. And look at this road — there will be the same territory.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL WTF Its really that place.
A thing, what I was just imagined, that how it could be, IS REAL LOL. wtfff. Thats impossible
Firefox3860

97 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:59 am    Post subject: Mafia Freeride Extended Mod Reply with quote

really lol...
DavosWorks

67 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:06 pm    Post subject: Mafia Freeride Extended Mod Reply with quote

So I'm connecting that "secret place" with countryside in KHED Editor
It's super easy to work in this editor, so it could be done quickly
See the progress

(I imported 4ds part of countryside, and secretplace in 3DS Max, and exported it as 3ds model for KHED. In khed I've imported it, and saved in KHE format. When I will be finished, I will export it again in 3ds model, for Zmodeler...

Connection between new place and countryside is now finished
Now i need to finish all the collisions, add objects, and some action.. And somebody could then add traffic on roads Guilty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyssjLomwU0

Last edited by DavosWorks on Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Firefox3860

97 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:31 pm    Post subject: Mafia Freeride Extended Mod Reply with quote

wow, DavosWorks, i like it already Smile i probably will ask you for this connection of territories...
DavosWorks

67 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:54 pm    Post subject: Mafia Freeride Extended Mod Reply with quote

Progress contiunes.. First time ever I used Road.Bin editor Very happy and with success.
I want to make this location live. With some side mission.
There is already a small town... ofc will be bigger, with tinny streets for fights muhehe

Zsombor

148 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:09 am    Post subject: Mafia Freeride Extended Mod Reply with quote

Good job, bro!!
If there will be a small town (village?), I suggest to place a gas station somewhere there, so the player doesn't need to go back into the city when needed to refuel. Wink
(I think one of the original Mafia's problem is: the player needs to go back into the town, because Countryside doesn't have any gas stations.)
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

278058 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia Freeride Extended Mod Reply with quote

Zsombor wrote:
(I think one of the original Mafia's problem is: the player needs to go back into the town, because Countryside doesn't have any gas stations.)

Hmm Thinking Not unless someone could maybe script
in a gas station for the countryside.

Just a side note: Please don't use white for
typing it is so hard to read against the background

flovivi

325 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: Mafia Freeride Extended Mod Reply with quote

Muggy wrote:
Zsombor wrote:

Hmm Thinking Not unless someone could maybe script
in a gas station for the countryside.

Should not be too hard, especially for veteran modders: When the player is in a car and stops by the motel and presses "action" key, the screen turns black, a few lines of code sets the car's tank to 100%, and reduces your money by a certain amount, and then turns back to normal.

What would be cool is if the player could just talk to a guy next to the motel (after placing the car on the correct position) and a little scene would play, showing Tommy leaning against the gas pump and smoking a cigarette, while the person can be seen standing at the back of the car doing some animation. After that's done, the car is fully tanked and the player is free to shoot the guy. Joker

I think all of that is technically possible, but it's just a pain in the ass writing that script, starting the game, testing, going back to the editor, moving objects, changing scripts in DCED, constantly being afraid of it crashing and ruining the scene2 file,... Farewell

But hey, give it a few more years and we might someday have an editor that allows all of that, including switching to game and editor mode. After all the progress that is happening now (we can add custom character models!!!) only the speed of light is the limit
Zsombor

148 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:06 pm    Post subject: Mafia Freeride Extended Mod Reply with quote

Ikarus mod 3.0 basically just ported a gas station from the city into countryside. I suggesting something similar, nothing fancy. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: