FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Reduce player collision capsule

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Robville

Mafiascene Veteran Modder
Mafiascene Veteran Modder

255734 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reduce player collision capsule Reply with quote

would anyone know if it is possible (perhaps through HEX editing) to reduce the radius of tommy's collision capsule? The default radius I found is 86cm, which is the minimal width to use for doorways, otherwise the player can't fit through.

For the Titanic mod, this has been a huge annoyance since the start of development because most doorways are 65cm, and also quite a few corridors are less than 86cm in width.
Usually I just make the doorway in the collision model wider than the visual model, but this has become real troublesome when I eventually start adding doors, who remain within the doorway once opened.

86cm is simply a ridiculous size, considering humans can fit through 40cm wide gaps. If I could only reduce this capsule diameter to 60cm, there would be no problem whatsoever.

Does anyone know if this is possible and if so, how to do this?

For those wondering what I'm on about, a player capsule is the collision boundary of the character in which the animation can move without clipping through the environment.

www.Robville.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: