FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit ē View your posts ē View unanswered posts

How to play? Multiplayer Racing mod

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Melber

29 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject: How to play? Multiplayer Racing mod Reply with quote

Sad How can I play with a friend Multiplayer Racing?
In the game menu i can not start a game

Cukier

Mafiascene Veteran Modder
Mafiascene Veteran Modder

17020 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject: How to play? Multiplayer Racing mod Reply with quote

It working under WinXP and Vista (i guess) only.
Newer OSes missing something, so thats why you don;t have any network adapters out there.
Honza_B

1588 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:07 pm    Post subject: How to play? Multiplayer Racing mod Reply with quote

Did you make any progress on this by any chance? I tried this for a day or two and got to the point when installing Windows XP and running it in dual boot would have been faster...
I installed all possible DirectX libraries, I installed two versions of Mafia, I learnt all about enabling DirectPlay in W10, which I donít even have to start with. I presume this could be connected with DirectPlay, but Iím not able to check that since this part of DirectX has officially been "deprecated" and the "Network" tab in dxdiag is not present anymore and logs donít produce any detailed info on this as well. I tried monitoring whatís happening with Process Monitor, filtering Game.exe only, but Iím not skilled enough to understand this properly. Now I changed something (and Iím not able to say what - I believe I did not tackle with anything else but some Windows Firewall settings) and when I click on "Multiplayer", the game gets stuck and keeps loading something again and again...

If anybody skillful would look into it, I believe I would not be the only one to appreciate it... In the end - this thing connected with Hamachi is currently the only way to play Mafia in multiplayer... and racing is pretty cool, right? Smile

The offline mod works, though, of course.
Code:
http://www.braingib.privat.t-online.de/mafia.htm

You need Mafia in version 1.0. Open setup.exe and make sure the "Suspend when inactive" option is not selected. Patch the rw_data and extract the folders with MafiaDataXTractor (I would keep at least all the "missions" files undeleted afterwards, but Iím not sure why). Install the racing circuits (or at least the Central Island one) - for some reason there are two versions of each for multiplayer and for singleplayer (?), download the bbMGR multiplayer thingy, run that (if it misses the comctl32.ocx file, download this, donít install it, just extract the .exe file with 7-zip or with something else, find the file, copy it to
Code:
C:\Windows\SysWOW64
C:\Windows\System32
and register them - run cmd.exe as and administrator, and perform this and this
Code:
regsvr32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\comctl32.ocx
regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\comctl32.ocx

then run Mafia, get to the Main menu (that is "log-in" to your profile), use Alt+Tab or Ctrl+Alt+Del to get back to desktop, click on "open race", wait for the green "Done", get back to the game, click on "Credits" in the main menu and youíre on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mod Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: