FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

[SPOILERS] Mafia 3 endgame

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Robville

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

255728 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject: [SPOILERS] Mafia 3 endgame Reply with quote

For any readers who enter this topic and who either haven't finished the game yet or want to find out the various endings themselves, be aware that this topic will contain major spoilers about Mafia 3's ending.

Having finished the game yesterday, I must say that it has been a while since I've played a game that had left me with such a satisfying ending.

As soon as the racket stuff had been completed and all districts were assigned, I finally got to see the damn game I wanted to see right after the opening segment. Proper missions, and proper pacing of the story. As brief as it may have been.

In my game, all districts were divided equally between all three underbosses, thus having no conflict with either of them.
I chose to flee the city as I thought this would be the most fitting ending to the premise of the story; that Lincoln only took over to get Marcano, not to rule himself
So after I left, I got the cutscene where Vito took over, which I personally like the most, considering his back story and his personal vendetta against Sal.

Also the extra cutscene of Donovan and the Senator during the credits was a cool way to end it.

All in all, I'm glad I decided to pick up the game despite the criticism I had towards it. The story itself did indeed make it worth it in my book. People may debate the depth of it, and not everyone may like it, but I think we can all agree that it ws properly written en narrated.

What did you guys think of the ending? And what outcomes did you all have?

www.Robville.net
AMadeMan

102 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: [SPOILERS] Mafia 3 endgame Reply with quote

I found it awesome that Joe and Leo Galante come back and that we know Joe is alive. Many will disagree, but when see the him look back with the camera zoom-in, you think to yourself "That right there is Joe". Sad that Vito is unaware that he is alive, though I hope Joe will be in the next Mafia 3 DLC perhaps teaming up with Lincoln and Vito at some point.

Last edited by AMadeMan on Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:50 am; edited 2 times in total
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1254 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject: [SPOILERS] Mafia 3 endgame Reply with quote

The last segment with Donovan and the senator was just pure gold. I don't think I've ever seen a cutscene as cool as that one.

I had the same ending as you, Rob, left the city while Vito took over. I had given all but one district to Vito, and only one to Cassandra. So, had to put Burke down, since he wasn't too happy.

As a matter of fact, it kinda messed up my save game or something, since I could no longer ask for car deliveries. The guy would just tell me to sort things out with Burke, even though he'd already been six feet under. So this was a bit of a letdown, but since it was pretty much the end of the game, I decided to let this one slide Laughing

I think the ending was well put together, and well written. That Joe episode at the very end was real nice. Would've loved to hear Joe say a phrase or two, though. Well, maybe there's still time for that...

So that's my story. What about others? What were your impressions?
Mr Robville

255728 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 7:02 am    Post subject: [SPOILERS] Mafia 3 endgame Reply with quote

I forgot to mention the bit with Joe. Smile
Yeah I agree, I love the way they re-introduced him.
The moment I saw him closing the door I was like "wait, is that Joe? ooooh it is!"
I think the fact that he doesn't speak a word only adds to the atmosphere of the scene. It keeps him a little more mysterious. It would have been too obvious of a reveal if he spoke a word, and it wouldn't make much sense for people who haven't played M2, who won't probably even notice this detail at all.

It's nice to see that they re-introduced some M2 characters, not only to see a nex-gen rendition of them, but also to see the game connect more with the former one, as I feared that H13 would go in clueless about the franchise and its story and would disregard any events from the old games. I'm glad I was wrong. Story wise, this game was exactly what I hoped to see from a new Mafia title.

Yesterday I watched all the alternative endings. It seems Vito is the only one who got his act together in the end. Sticking out tongue (unless you take over yourself with the others) Both Burke and Cassandra messed up big time. Funny enough, from the death scenes, I found the one of Burke more sad than Vito's, though, it was a really cool detail that Vito's last words were the exact same as Falcone's in M2's ending. But regardless, all death scenes were done really well I think.

Funny when you think of it, depending on your playtrough, the chain continues:
Sam got killed by Tommy, who got killed by Vito, who got killed by Lincoln.... Who perhaps got killed by the priest Sticking out tongue

So hopefully, when they start working on Mafia 4, they ditch that whole racket nonsense and make more of a linear game for all I care, and continue in the late 70's & early 80's, or perhaps even jump to the 90's, where Vito is probably just as old as Mr. Salieri was in M1.

And they better return Donovan in it. That character is fantastic, and one of the best I've seen in recent games.

www.Robville.net
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1254 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 7:59 am    Post subject: [SPOILERS] Mafia 3 endgame Reply with quote

Some very accurate points. I remember when I first saw that cutscene where Marcano picks up the phone and calls Galante. I think I started to love that game even more from that point. Sure feels good to see those characters back, makes you reminisce the story of M2.

I may be naive, but I have faith (I have to! Laughing) in whoever's gonna get the chance to make M4, that they'll learn from the mistakes of M3 and concentrate on the story and gameplay and deliver a polished product.

Getting back to M3... Yeah, I'm really glad I managed to keep an open mind about this game and gave it a try, even with all the flak it got from reviewers.
AMadeMan

102 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: [SPOILERS] Mafia 3 endgame Reply with quote

True that Rob. It seems the story is pretty much the best thing about the game. I admit its got really good points and even though it is different from the past games, its not bad. If they added all the little small details that the past games had as well as some obvious glitches to fix(THAT MIRROR Evil) and gameplay tweaks, this game would be an amazing Mafia game. It still is a good game on its own right. I hope that when Kingdom Come Deliverance is released, Daniel Vavra and his team will help on Mafia 4 if they ever try to do one.

Imagine if in Mafia 4, Like what Rob said if Vito's in charge and becomes a don, he sends some hitmen to kill someone who betrayed him and they say just like in Mafia 1, "Mr. Scaletta sends his regards".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 3 Game All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: