FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Is Mafia 3 worth getting while it's on sale?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is Mafia 3 worth getting at $15?
Absolutely! Worth every penny!
0%
 0%  [0]
No way! This game is terrible!
100%
 100%  [1]
Total Votes : 1

PtyIersworId

122 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:52 am    Post subject: Is Mafia 3 worth getting while it's on sale? Reply with quote

I was, and still am a huge fan of the first two Mafia games, and I believe they were pretty solid, but it seems like everyone has mixed opinions about Mafia 3. Either you liked it, or you hated it, and there doesn't seem to be a lot of people on the fence about it. While it is on sale for $15, I was wondering about whether or not it would even be worth it for that price. Some of the story is already spoiled for me, so it wouldn't be worth it going into it for the story alone (I pretty much know how the game begins and ends, but the middle is unspoiled).
From what I heard, a lot of stuff from previous games did not make it into Mafia 3. I am a huge fan of old cars in games, and the fact that you can't save a huge collection of cars like you can in the first two games is a MAJOR disappointment. The lack of customization outside of DLC is also a big mistake, which played a small role in Mafia 2. Also, hacking out actual parts of the game to sell as DLC, something they did in Mafia 2 also, mind you, is also a major turn-off. It is pretty obvious that they did not learn their lesson from Mafia 2, which is not to pick the game apart and selling parts for DLC! The lack of variety in missions is also a big disappointment, cutting and pasting the same shooting and stealth segments over and over in different locations. The older games did this also to a degree, but they provided enough variety in the missions that it was unnoticeable in the first game, and noteworthy, but tolerable in the second game.
So, I'm pretty torn about whether or not the game is worth $15 or not. I got Mafia 2 for that price and wasn't let down, but this game is no Mafia 2. I guess I'm asking because other people have played it, and they would know better than me whether or not it's worth it. So convince me. Is this a $15 game, or is it bottom-of-the-bargain-bin tier?
lostinmafia_heavenMS

167 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Is Mafia 3 worth getting while it's on sale? Reply with quote

Well seeing as you already know the best part of the game, I would say no, also the DLC is pointless, M2 was better here as well. People are running out of excuses for this game and it seems like you need that push to convince yourself, I'd say wait unless you absolutely feel the need to 'complete the series'. Sorry for not giving much of an indepth answer, I'm sure someone will help you with that, but having played all 3 games, M3 is in a word, disappointing. There's a certain formula you just don't **** with, it's like if GTA was horses or SJWars completely disregards the past movies.

Vito (in case we forgot this is MAFIA), Soundtrack, Shooting segments(which gets boring), New Bordeaux. Neither can save Mafia 3, and time won't be good to this game, fans learned to adjust expectations with M2. Can we honestly say a year after H13 stopped fixing the game that it even feels complete? Fact is M3 should not have been released when it was. Still I'm hungry for more and willing to give H13 a second chance, sadly M3 ended up being a learning experience for them.

If I'm being generous and remove fan bias it's a 7-7.5 game, if you wanna pass time and grind away, then I guess this game is for you capisce?

That's the best sales pitch I could muster up

But I would say this is the right place to get as fair and unbiased opinion on the game as possible, because Mafia 3 is neither; OMG!!11 cool explosionzz best game eva OR fuu this suppressed black punisher dude going on a crusade, where are the ITALIANS??!?! shit game
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 3 Game All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: