FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

M Editor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KrumpolcPetr

25 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: M Editor Reply with quote

M Editor is now available to download. Enjoy it!
Download M Editor

Scene2.bin will be probably supported in the next version.

Last edited by KrumpolcPetr on Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Firefox3860

37 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject: M Editor Reply with quote

thanks, it is a good work Wink

Now there is a program that works correctly with the files of my version 1.0 (carindex.def, carcyclopedia.def). Others were created for 1.1 and higher
arbitrarymobster

73 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject: M Editor Reply with quote

Great looking tool, I look forward to using it.

I installed and ran it and it detected my version as 1.0, but it is actually 1.3. I clicked around and when I clicked vehicles, it said I needed to resolve problems below and I clicked "vehicles +."

It deleted the contents of my vehicles.bin and also my carcyclopedia. I never clicked to save anything.

Edit: I didn't have a carcyclopedia file in tables so it created an empty one and emptied my vehicles.bin. I added the carcyclopedia file and now it works, but it still detects version 1.0 and doesn't allow me to edit the GUI.

Last edited by arbitrarymobster on Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Melhior

37 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:29 pm    Post subject: M Editor Reply with quote

Good editor. But not enough support Cyrillic and Russian version of the game. Can you do it?
KrumpolcPetr

25 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: M Editor Reply with quote

arbitrarymobster wrote:
Great looking tool, I look forward to using it.

I installed and ran it and it detected my version as 1.0, but it is actually 1.3. I clicked around and when I clicked vehicles, it said I needed to resolve problems below and I clicked "vehicles +."

It deleted the contents of my vehicles.bin and also my carcyclopedia. I never clicked to save anything.

Edit: I didn't have a carcyclopedia file in tables so it created an empty one and emptied my vehicles.bin. I added the carcyclopedia file and now it works, but it still detects version 1.0 and doesn't allow me to edit the GUI.

Hi, the thing is the tool see vehicles.bin, carcyclopedia.def and carindex.def as a one type of content. That is the reason why it rewrite already existed files. This is the tool bug, I am sorry for that. I will fix it.

The game version is obtained from LS3DF.dll which is an integer. The tool this number transform into x.x format (if the number is recognized by the tool). I have thought that the latest version is 1.2. I can add support for 1.3 (and higher), but I do not have this version so I cannot do tests. The tool might (in the worst case) crash due to different file formats.

Melhior wrote:
Good editor. But not enough support Cyrillic and Russian version of the game. Can you do it?

What do you mean by not enough support Cyrillic and Russian version of the game? You have troubles with rendering texts in the GUI module? Or with labels in the tool?
CurtisTea

34 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: M Editor Reply with quote

Inventory editing doesn't work properly. I tried to duplicate a Colt 1911 and the program actually adds all the necessary lines to predmety.def, but it does not adds the new weapon with this new ID itself. When you save the inventory editor, exit and open it again this new weapon does not show... BUT if you try to add it again you will see signs of that previously added weapon in Localization menu.
Here's a question: what is "internal name"? Is it some kind of registration of a new weapon? What files are edited within this process (seems that it is NOT a predmety.def)?
KrumpolcPetr

25 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: M Editor Reply with quote

CurtisTea wrote:
Inventory editing doesn't work properly. I tried to duplicate a Colt 1911 and the program actually adds all the necessary lines to predmety.def, but it does not adds the new weapon with this new ID itself. When you save the inventory editor, exit and open it again this new weapon does not show... BUT if you try to add it again you will see signs of that previously added weapon in Localization menu.
Here's a question: what is "internal name"? Is it some kind of registration of a new weapon? What files are edited within this process (seems that it is NOT a predmety.def)?

Hi, thank you for the bug report. I have already fixed it. Probably during this day I will upload a new fixed version of the tool. The internal name is only for the tool. It will not appear anywhere in the game. In the localization section you can define texts which can appear in the game. These texts are loaded from textdb_xx.def, where xx is equal to default language from the tool setting. (Internal name is loaded directly from predmety.def.)
So when you edit inventory, the tool loads predmety.def and textdb_xx.def. When you hit the save button these files are rewrited.
CurtisTea

34 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: M Editor Reply with quote

I will be looking forward for the fix, thanks!
Inventory editing was the first thing that I wanted to check, because there are some interesting parameters that I never managed to change by hand. Let's see, maybe your tool will help me;)
Melhior

37 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: M Editor Reply with quote

KrumpolcPetr wrote:
What do you mean by not enough support Cyrillic and Russian version of the game? You have troubles with rendering texts in the GUI module? Or with labels in the tool?

I tried to edit credits.def (I created the file from scratch, using hex with Russian and English words). In the editor I got a meaningless set of symbols instead of Russian words (English words are displayed). When trying to create the file from scratch using the editor (after creating the workpiece through the hex) I can enter data in Russian, but after saving the file, the game displays the question marks. Most likely you have not considered the Russian version of textdb_xx.def carcyclopedia.def, etc.

If I send you the unzipped files aa.dta and a8.dta Russian version of the game, you will be able to add a Russian version to your editor?
KrumpolcPetr

25 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: M Editor Reply with quote

Melhior wrote:
KrumpolcPetr wrote:

I tried to edit credits.def (I created the file from scratch, using hex with Russian and English words). In the editor I got a meaningless set of symbols instead of Russian words (English words are displayed). When trying to create the file from scratch using the editor (after creating the workpiece through the hex) I can enter data in Russian, but after saving the file, the game displays the question marks. Most likely you have not considered the Russian version of textdb_xx.def carcyclopedia.def, etc.

If I send you the unzipped files aa.dta and a8.dta Russian version of the game, you will be able to add a Russian version to your editor?

Well probably yes. Wink Try to upload your credits.def and textdb_ru.def here:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ar39tie8rUP3l2za451Iu9WkTPWR

If you have similiar troubles in GUI module. You should upload also lang_ru.def, and also game fonts (they are in the tables with .gmf extension) + their bitmaps from the maps folder (they have same name with .bmp file extension).

Thank you for the bug report.
KrumpolcPetr

25 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: M Editor Reply with quote

Alright, the inventory and the vehicles are fixed. You can download the fixed version from the same link above. The troubles with the russian version will be fixed as soon as possible. Wink
Melhior

37 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: M Editor Reply with quote

KrumpolcPetr wrote:

Well probably yes. Wink Try to upload your credits.def and textdb_ru.def here:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ar39tie8rUP3l2za451Iu9WkTPWR

If you have similiar troubles in GUI module. You should upload also lang_ru.def, and also game fonts (they are in the tables with .gmf extension) + their bitmaps from the maps folder (they have same name with .bmp file extension).

Thank you for the bug report.

Sent the files in PM
CurtisTea

34 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: M Editor Reply with quote

Well... The problem is fixed. But it works exactly how I expected: a lot of weapon charactetistics that I couldn't change can't be changed with this tool tool.
First of all, the name of the weapon is not shown when you ad it in a mission, but that is not a major problem. The problem is that you can't manage:
1. a sound of a weapon when it falls on the ground
2. a model of a clip when you reload a weapon (if it has a clip, like Colt 1911)
There things were very important for me, as I spend some time to figure out how it works. And both me and even Golod55 didn't find an answer.

What files does an Inventory Editor actually edits? If the answer is only predmety.def then you can't add a 100% new weapon for sure. Because all those other parameters are set somewhere else, only God knows where.
KrumpolcPetr

25 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: M Editor Reply with quote

CurtisTea wrote:
Well... The problem is fixed. But it works exactly how I expected: a lot of weapon charactetistics that I couldn't change can't be changed with this tool tool.
First of all, the name of the weapon is not shown when you ad it in a mission, but that is not a major problem. The problem is that you can't manage:
1. a sound of a weapon when it falls on the ground
2. a model of a clip when you reload a weapon (if it has a clip, like Colt 1911)
There things were very important for me, as I spend some time to figure out how it works. And both me and even Golod55 didn't find an answer.

What files does an Inventory Editor actually edits? If the answer is only predmety.def then you can't add a 100% new weapon for sure. Because all those other parameters are set somewhere else, only God knows where.

Well, I can say that all these things are not the tool bug. It is strange, but when I have decoded game file formats... it was insanity. The worst think I ever saw were .mnu files for the game gui. Things like weapon clip must be hardcoded in the source code. In predmety.def is nothing about model of the clip. By the way think about grenades. You could not define a grenade only by values in the predmety.def. It must be hardcoded in the game. Inventory is not the only one strange thing in the game. And yes, the tool works only with predmety.def and with textdb_xx.def for the localized texts.
CurtisTea

34 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:15 am    Post subject: M Editor Reply with quote

Let's be honest, there is no need for a clip model to be written in predmety.def: a clip in every weapon model (if there is one) is always called "clip" (wow!). So if there was a special parameter in predmety.def that sets whether a game have to show a clip or not - I'm sure a game would find that clip. Think about it: it is just like MUZZLE dummy that defines fire when shooting. Even in a new added weapon the game recognizes MUZZLE, but doesn't recognize a standart "clip" object. So, it is about a parameter that is definitely hardcoded, yep, you might be right:(
The same thing with a sound when a weapon falls down on the floor. This parameter is aslo set not in predmety.def. Examle: if you open predmety.def in HEX, copy all the bytes of a Thompson and paste them over a bucket bytes you will have a Thompson that shoots like a Thompson, but falls on the ground with a sound of a bucket. Hardcoded again? I guess so, yes.

And .mnu files - oh yes. Just about 1-2 weeks ago I tried to figure out how font parameters work, even contacted fellas on the russian forum. The truth is - the parameters in .mnu are very individual for each case, so if you can set white color for a font somewhere that does NOT mean you can do it somewhere else if this option is not considered by the game. Well... at least I can change menu size and position and change the font if need, that might be enough for GUI modding?

Anyway, you've made a great tool with lots of interesting features packed in a very friendly interface. Cheers, mate!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: