FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Mafia modding tutorial help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheTURK

33 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:00 am    Post subject: Mafia modding tutorial help Reply with quote

Hi friends ı want to learn modding for mafia the city of Lost Heaven just like the gangster life mod please help me and sorry for my bad english.
Mr Robville

Mafiascene Veteran Modder
Mafiascene Veteran Modder

255734 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:01 pm    Post subject: Mafia modding tutorial help Reply with quote

Hi there and welcome to Mafiascene!

I would recommend downloading the Mafia World Editor and just fool around with it inside the game first. A lot of experience comes from trial and error.
Fooling around a bit first will help you get a basic feel of how Mafia mods work.

If you want to create a custom environment, you can download the clear mission from here:
http://mafiascene.com/modules.php?name=downloads&cat_id=1&last_id=0

You can load it by clicking "intro" inside Mafia's main menu.

For any specifics you are always free to ask.

Btw, in conjuction with the clear mission file, this tutorial explains how to add a player into the world and how to add a custom object from a 3D program. The method can of course be applied to existing Mafia models, but you'll need to find their filenames first.
http://mafiascene.com/modules.php?name=downloads&cat_id=6&last_id=0

Oh and first tip to save a heck of a lot frustration:
In any Mafia editor, 3D models are always mentioned with the .i3d suffix. So if you want to add tommy.4ds into the scene, you'll have to enter tommy.i3d into the object properties. Wink

www.Robville.net
TheTURK

33 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:30 am    Post subject: Re: Mafia modding tutorial help Reply with quote

Mr Robville wrote:
Hi there and welcome to Mafiascene!

I would recommend downloading the Mafia World Editor and just fool around with it inside the game first. A lot of experience comes from trial and error.
Fooling around a bit first will help you get a basic feel of how Mafia mods work.

If you want to create a custom environment, you can download the clear mission from here:
http://mafiascene.com/modules.php?name=downloads&cat_id=1&last_id=0

You can load it by clicking "intro" inside Mafia's main menu.

For any specifics you are always free to ask.

Btw, in conjuction with the clear mission file, this tutorial explains how to add a player into the world and how to add a custom object from a 3D program. The method can of course be applied to existing Mafia models, but you'll need to find their filenames first.
http://mafiascene.com/modules.php?name=downloads&cat_id=6&last_id=0

Oh and first tip to save a heck of a lot frustration:
In any Mafia editor, 3D models are always mentioned with the .i3d suffix. So if you want to add tommy.4ds into the scene, you'll have to enter tommy.i3d into the object properties. Wink
Thank you for answer sir,How to add weapons to weapons in a game? and a private message about this topic? And apologize again for my very very bad english. Smile I have never made this game mod and I want to make a mod. I will be the new character face, the character's house, the smoker, the new clothes, it will be a long story telling. Can you explain me a bit more clearly? What tools will I use? And how will I use it please tell me? Sarcastic No one else to help?
TheTURK

33 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia modding tutorial help Reply with quote

TheTURK wrote:
Hi friends ı want to learn modding for mafia the city of Lost Heaven just like the gangster life mod please help me and sorry for my bad english.
No one else to help ?
DMateo07

178 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:28 pm    Post subject: Mafia modding tutorial help Reply with quote

Year ago I made few tutorials about making mods to Mafia. You can watch it and You might find out something you need Smile

Fact is it is in polish, but You can just turn off sound and try to understand something just from video.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8gQfE3ZAvdBL8BYwtx-Tug

Good luck! Smile
TheTURK

33 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: Mafia modding tutorial help Reply with quote

DMateo07 wrote:
Year ago I made few tutorials about making mods to Mafia. You can watch it and You might find out something you need Smile

Fact is it is in polish, but You can just turn off sound and try to understand something just from video.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8gQfE3ZAvdBL8BYwtx-Tug

Good luck! Smile

Thanks for the help my friend but i will do the mod story will be long so i say that this video will teach me everything?
DMateo07

178 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:43 pm    Post subject: Mafia modding tutorial help Reply with quote

First video shows the tools to modding. Not very important.
Second one shows how to using Mafia Map Editor, making maps, adding obiects, lightning etc.
Third is about scripts, adding characters, objectives, and other stuff.
If fourth you can learn basics of modeling, how to make some model and add it to game.
Fifth is about other things, as change texts, change loading screens, guns statistics and making mission from freeride map.

Also there are in decriptions of videos important links to download tools and other things you need.

Enjoy and good luck Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: