FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

LA Noire

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Games Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeroyPeterson

23 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:06 pm    Post subject: LA Noire Reply with quote

I bought this game on PC when it was on sale recently, decided to try it out over the weekend.

I was really really impressed. I'd seen reviews for it when it came out but under-estimated how much open world it is. While there are not a huge amount of things to do outside of missions and side-missions in the city, the map is hugely detailed and extremely large and dense.

Why I bring this up in this forum was the flashbacks to Mafia 1 I have when playing this game. Its not a perfect game by any means, but the era, the feel, the music, the attention to detail... its a real joy to have something modern that (I feel) does what Mafia 2 could not.
I can elaborate further what I love and dislike about the game, but I'm keen to hear from others who have played it. and if you havent, get a PC copy ASAP!
Hunter

1562 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:19 am    Post subject: LA Noire Reply with quote

Being from Los Angeles, I have a feeling this game would drive me up the wall.
Mr Robville

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

255834 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:01 am    Post subject: LA Noire Reply with quote

I regretfully haven't finished the game and want to pick it up again anytime soon. L.A. Noire is really an enjoyable game. Compared to other open world games, this one played quite differently and I thought they did the whole detective bit quite well.
I get what you mean regarding the atmosphere, which they nailed. The graphics (aside of the facial animations) are somewhat limited, but the game does ooze that 1940's vibe and is complimented with a perfect soundtrack.

On the PC it was a quite bit of a sluggish console port, but I guess modern PC's shouldn't have too much trouble with it.

www.Robville.net
LeroyPeterson

23 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:32 am    Post subject: LA Noire Reply with quote

I've noticed a lot of people complaining about the port (and for rockstar games I'm usually one of them), but game runs fine on mine once I switched to DirectX9. I'm not sure when the last patch was released, but no issues on my end.

95 different cars was a decent effort I thought. I've found one rare car, so now that there is something to do in the open world it might be interesting to explore a little.
The trams are cool, and the fact you can derail them.
Mr Robville

255834 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:20 pm    Post subject: LA Noire Reply with quote

I didn't know you could derail them. Sticking out tongue

Yeah, on my previous PC it was a hell to get it to work, yet on my current one it didn't seem much of a problem.
Luckily, Rockstar has seen the potential of the PC platform in the meantime with their conversion of GTA V which runs flawless. I hope they keep up that level for future releases.

As for rare cars, there are quite a few I believe. Even the "Manta Prototype" is in that game.

www.Robville.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Games Off-Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: