FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

Help with modding Freeride

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coat_in_rain

9 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:44 am    Post subject: Help with modding Freeride Reply with quote

Hello,

I need help with modifying the freeride mode. What I want is that in freeride night to be raining (like in mission 09 back to nature). Secondary thing I want is for Tommy to have the coat+brown hat skin, also from mission 09.

Is it possible? I tried copying the effects from xtracted game files from mission09 to freeride night but it just crashes. And I can't figure out how to edit the .bin and .dat files.

Thank you very much for any and all help.
m.
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

278080 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:12 pm    Post subject: Help with modding Freeride Reply with quote

Moved to Ask a Modder - Modding

mammix

10618 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:26 pm    Post subject: Help with modding Freeride Reply with quote

Model - model's name is either "TommyHighCOATHAT.i3d" or "TommyCOATHAT.i3d". So when you edit your mission the best bet would be to add this line:
HUMAN_CHANGEMODEL XX,"..."
where xx is the id of Tommy actor
... is one of these models that I wrote up.

Rain, an example:

dim_frm 50
dim_act 50
dim_flt 50

stream_create 0,"sounds\09d_destt.ogg"
STREAM_PLAY 0
STREAM_SETLOOP 0,1
[these are for the sound effect, you can either delete it if you don't want, or use another sound]

weather_setparam ON,1
weather_setparam MAX_CNT,50000
weather_setparam LEN,0.8
weather_setparam WIDTH,0.03
coat_in_rain

9 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:29 pm    Post subject: Help with modding Freeride Reply with quote

Thanks for moving, thanks for reply.

I was able to get the rain started, however it was too dense with huge raindrops so I lowered the numbers.

However, I can't get the other two things working.
HUMAN_CHANGEMODEL XX,"..." I couldn't get working at all, not sure if actor id is 0,1 or 01, nothing worked. I have exctracted models with xtractor and they are showing up as .4ds in the folder. I tried to put that instead of .i3d , but it also didn't work.

Second, I couldn't get the rain sound started. Again, my extracted sounds are in.wav, not .ogg, but either way it didn't work. I tried looking up mission 09 for reference but couldn't find anything there. Apart from constant rain sound, I would also like occasional thunder sound.

Lastly,
dim_frm 50
dim_act 50
dim_flt 50
what do these stand for?

thank you
Frog_808

73 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 6:17 pm    Post subject: Help with modding Freeride Reply with quote

Hello, these three commands free up memory. The numbers must be at least as large as the number of actuators, flts or frames used in the script.

dim_frm 50 --> 50 frames can be used in this skript (a frame is a model which you want to interact with, a gun, a ligth,...
dim_act 50 --> 50 actors can be used
dim_flt 50 --> 50 flt (variables) can be used

Try out this, it worked for me:

dim_act 1
dim_frm 1
getactiveplayer 0
human_changemodel 0, "TommyBOXER.i3d"
end
// Warning: Changing models with weapons showing will produce a crash.

And this for rain:

dim_act 5
dim_flt 5
dim_frm 5
getactiveplayer 0

stream_create 0,"sounds\9_raintown.wav"
stream_fadevol 0,3000,0,1
weather_setparam ON,1
stream_play 0
stream_setloop 0,1

Posts merged together. Please, next time edit your first post.
/Mnich
coat_in_rain

9 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 11:45 am    Post subject: Help with modding Freeride Reply with quote

Thank you very much, the skins now work.

I have another question about the rain though. It works, but I need two things worked around.
1-Script plays the rain sound on loop, but each new loop starts with a cut, which means there's always a split seckond "ksss" sound. Any way to work around this? I changed various .wav sounds of rain that I found but each has this problem
2-the rain sounds repace the original music. Is there any way to keep playing both?

thank you
Frog_808

73 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 5:24 pm    Post subject: Help with modding Freeride Reply with quote

Hello, I think in this case you would first have to add the desired sound to the Objects\sound tree and then use the commands

findfram 0, "NAME OF SOUND"
sound_setvolume 0, 1

to call the sound. This is how it was done in Mission 9. There is a "Soundmaker" in the download section. Download it and try to insert the rain sounds into the sound directory first, so that you can find them in DCED2 under Objects\Sounds. I have never done this before, but I will also try.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: