FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

Playing Version 1.0

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vitorzinho10

565 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:16 pm    Post subject: Playing Version 1.0 Reply with quote

Hello Mafiosos, I'd like to know if there is any way of playing the earliest Mafia version of the game, without doing too much of a work to make it happen.

A couple of weeks ago I downloaded PS2 emulator and ran Mafia, and I liked the game a lot because I like to keep finding new things about the game. Unfortunately for me, the game was very slow and the controls were too much complicated for me. Still I enjoyed it.

I bought the PC steam version 3 years ago, and last year I got to know that there were another versions of it, so I tried to find them and finally I got one, which I think it was either 1.1 or 1.2. There were some differences, but only some details.
On the PS2 it was nice to see the doors coming off the cars. Did this feature in any PC Version?

Any feedback is welcome!

Happy holidays, Cafones!
n0ughty_b0y

121 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:23 am    Post subject: Playing Version 1.0 Reply with quote

Your best bet would be to get a physical copy (the one with 3 CDS) I believe most of them in circulation are 1.0 . Alternatively you may be able to find a torrent of it somewhere but I'm not sure. Either way you will likely need a NoCD fix to run it on modern Operating Systems, all you need is the fixed "game.exe" file which can be found on the speedrun website in "the downgrade to 1.0" section, of course that could also be a method (downgrading whatever version you have to 1.0) but I haven't tried that.

But I thought you were already on 1.0 when I watched your funny moments, because the Black Metal on the stairs trick can only be done in 1.0 afaik.

And yes bad controls and slowness are exactly what I expect from the PS2 version, it feels like a PS1 game lol but yes there are some interesting bits exclusive to it like the detaching doors.
vitorzinho10

565 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2021 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Playing Version 1.0 Reply with quote

n0ughty_b0y wrote:

But I thought you were already on 1.0 when I watched your funny moments, because the Black Metal on the stairs trick can only be done in 1.0 afaik.

Oh, until now I thought I had either the 1.1 or the 1.2 patch. I could downgrade it thanks to a program I found on the internet made by some fan. I got happy that it worked out but didn't know it would get to its earliest version.
Hunter

2391 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:49 am    Post subject: Re: Playing Version 1.0 Reply with quote

vitorzinho10 wrote:

Oh, until now I thought I had either the 1.1 or the 1.2 patch. I could downgrade it thanks to a program I found on the internet made by some fan. I got happy that it worked out but didn't know it would get to its earliest version.

We have "Bruno's Version Changer" in the downloads

http://mafiascene.com/modules.php?name=downloads&action=get_download&id=441

I don't know what that actually does, I doubt it actually switches versions but for all I know it comes with the relevant files and renames as required to do so.

Pretty easy to tell, if you've got eyes and car scratches = 1.0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia I Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: