FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

how to do a burnout?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
n0ughty_b0y

88 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:47 pm    Post subject: how to do a burnout? Reply with quote

I'm trying to learn how to do a burnout,
I've seen it talked about a few times but couldn't find any videos of it.
It can probably be done using well timed manual gear shifting.

If you know how to do this or any similar impressive tricks I'd love to hear it.

I'm still making Mafia 1 content on my channel so I will showcase any findings,
if you want to follow my work please subscribe @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXllNNBiZOmIQ-O3Gp04dEw
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1423 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:34 pm    Post subject: how to do a burnout? Reply with quote

I don't think it's possible to do a burnout on most of the cars, and if it is I'd really love to learn that. The only one which I was able to do it with was the Ulver Airstream.

Shift into neutral and put your foot on the gas, then with the RPM at the top, shift into first and the wheels will spin a little with screeching tires.

If you have your wheel turned left or right when shifting into first, the burnout will last longer and the car will do something that resembles a donut Laughing

I did this with a wheel, not sure about the keyboard, but it should be the same. As for the automatic gearbox I don't think it's possible at all.
n0ughty_b0y

88 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:33 am    Post subject: how to do a burnout? Reply with quote

Thanks for the info!
I had good results doing that in the Bolt V8,
also did okay in the Speedster but I think those mid-range cars are the best for it.

Also I found it helps to hold the handbrake while switching from N to 1 ,so it builds up more revs before you let it go.
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1423 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:23 pm    Post subject: how to do a burnout? Reply with quote

Hm, I might give it a try with the handbrake in neutral. I tried the handbrake approach in first gear but the car just started shaking unpleasantly and there was no burnout afterwards Laughing

By the way, it's really amazing that you try to document all Mafia's subtleties like that. Way to go and keep it up! Applause
Hunter

2371 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:21 am    Post subject: how to do a burnout? Reply with quote

Pff you guys. I'd make a video but I have no time for that now.

Doing a burnout requires the clutch. Kind of like in a real car. I use X. Anyhow. In MAFIA the power to weight ratio and model characteristics ("tire size" etc.) determine what kind of burnout you can do. The car with the highest power to weight ratio is the crazy horse, which is more or less designed for burnouts.

You can do it in automatic, but be warned that it just gets in the way, you're better off locking yourself into first gear; you can technically "chirp" the tires in higher gears with some cars (you will see the skid marks but won't hear it because the game doesn't overlap sound that way), but, that's not a burnout, eh?

You can't do a burnout without moving like IRL, at least not with default cars. You have to be moving. You're going to gain traction. You can keep going, just keep turning to keep your speed low enough and you will just do donuts (a sideshow), you can turn this way and that continiously.

How?

1. Hold in clutch
2. Hold down gas
3. Turn wheel
4. Release clutch

You can try it with various high performance cars, particularly the lighter ones. One of the first cars you can do a burnout with is the Cadillac uh...the four door...Cadillac 4375-S. With that one, in spite of the weight, due to model characteristics it will spin rather easily, you do have to feather the clutch to keep it from gaining too much speed and pulling out of the burnout.

Once upon a time I made a topic called "Clutch Magic," long gone seemingly, detailing some of the things you can do with the clutch like this. For instance, MAFIA allows you to roll faster than the engine can drive a car if you're going downhill. You just have to turn off engine braking with the clutch or go to neutral (which is tedious because you can't downshift in the wrong RPM unless the clutch is depressed anyway).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 1 Game All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: