FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

Your Greatest Video Game Achievements

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Games Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lostinmafia_heavenMS

228 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:50 pm    Post subject: Your Greatest Video Game Achievements Reply with quote

Can be anything really, like mods etc.

Beating -insert game- for the first time
Mafia
Max Payne
Wolfenstein3D
Gran Turismo 1-2
The Lost World: Jurassic Park
Half Life
Entire GTA series
Crash Bandicoot
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Counter Strike
Winning a few unknown tournaments
Winning 3 1v1 tournaments
Being #1 at Lan (school/private lan's) (being better than your friends Twisted

Playing Beta CS in 2020

Making Frags for the Bombsight videos (cs bombsight)

Playing CS when it came out in 2000, also Mafia II (ah the wait)

Day of Defeat session ending with a score of 210/26 k/d

100% / all achievements Mafia II

VCMP #1 racer

Winning the super bowl on all madden in Madden NFL 2005

What are yours?

Happy New year

Last edited by lostinmafia_heavenMS on Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:44 am; edited 3 times in total
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1401 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:45 pm    Post subject: Your Greatest Video Game Achievements Reply with quote

Hey, happy new year! This is an amazing topic!

One of my "achievements" was when I figured out I could simply edit the textures of cars in Mafia: TCoLH. Since green is my favorite color, many cars became... well, green Laughing Bruno Speedster 851, Thor 810/812, Ulver Airstream are just a few of the "greenified victims" Very happy I think I actually got a picture of a green Bolt Thrower.

I think my most precious achievements are all related to achieving 100% on various Rocksmith 2014 songs, especially Go Further by Tak Matsumoto. My dream that I've been working for ages is to achieve 100% on Satch Boogie by Joe Satriani, but I've only managed to pull 91% or so Laughing

Other than that, I think it's finding the correct settings/approach to play games that include driving segments with my Logitech wheel. I've managed to hook the wheel onto games such as GTA IV, GTA V, Mafia DE, Mafia II, Mafia III, Sniper Ghost Warrior III, Far Cry 2, 3 and 4 and a few others - in other words yeah, I guess I'm a geek. Joker Sometimes it takes quite a bit of time to find the best sensitivity/anti-deadzone/etc. settings for the driving to feel comfortable, so I've started working on a website where I'm putting all that information so that I don't need to do trial and error again the next time I wanna play those games. But it's only localhost and github for now, haven't hosted it anywhere yet Very happy

Oh yeah, and just like you I've collected all achievements for Mafias DE, II and III - feels really good

Thanks for spinning this thread up! It's really interesting to see what folks have achieved Smile And wow, that's some good stuff you've done - the entire GTA series takes ages to go through, and as for CS, that's really difficult when playing competitively and I suck real bad at it Laughing Respect Thumbs up (left)
lostinmafia_heavenMS

228 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:25 am    Post subject: Your Greatest Video Game Achievements Reply with quote

Cheers mate, yea I thought it'd be quite interesting, and I love your reply, the power of perseverance, hats off.

I think we have a lot here who have a ton of gaming history, should be fun Very happy

And it is only fitting that the most optimistic person on all things MAFIA, has 100% in all the games
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1401 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:54 pm    Post subject: Your Greatest Video Game Achievements Reply with quote

Thanks so very much!

Oh and I just realized that VCMP stands for Vice City Multiplayer and that you're the #1 racer there - congrats, man! Does it mean you aced all those crazy flying tracks? Shocked I remember I used to play SAMP for a while and those modded floating tracks were difficult as hell... Laughing
lostinmafia_heavenMS

228 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:09 am    Post subject: Your Greatest Video Game Achievements Reply with quote

Yes that's pretty much it and accumulating the most points overall, and also fastest times etc. Thanks Smile

*challenge* try to complete Battletoads Twisted
LeroyPeterson

3026 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:00 pm    Post subject: Your Greatest Video Game Achievements Reply with quote

I don't know if anyone could really beat Grant Turismo 3, but I knocked over more cups and endurance races than anyone else I knew Sticking out tongue but this is when I was a kid lol
lostinmafia_heavenMS

228 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:50 pm    Post subject: Your Greatest Video Game Achievements Reply with quote

Damn I clocked a lot of hours into GT3, never got done with it, was great fun.

Btw for the CS competitive scene, we participated in the likes of; Clanbase, ESL, EnemyDown, all having major activity in those days, with games like Quake, CS, COD, UT, basically a lot of FPS's, might even have seen something like Hidden and Dangerous. Also Starcraft and stuff Laughing

Basically it was a great time, and the chance to go up against Semi/Pro's was real, Which meant you got owned, and if you happened to play against germans, you always felt suspicous afterwards. One team I was a part of did manage to win a *hold on* "Lower Bracket - Enemy Down tourney, Wink And with that the team disbanded and it was on to the next one. The last thing I remember from the period was back in 2010/11 we won in double OT on dust2 against some german team, to take home the trophy *holds imaginary trophy* I've also hosted serveral tourneys with up to 40 players. I've never played competitive CSGO, it is definitely the future though, happy fragging. Thumbs up (left)
Hunter

2365 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:13 am    Post subject: Your Greatest Video Game Achievements Reply with quote

lol @ title

Well...

I got "101%" in Psychonauts. I'm not much for "collecting" games but I certainly got into that.

I beat Deus Ex on realistic. What a shame.

I completed both Caesar III campaigns. Peaceful and dangerous.

I beat Lords of the Realm II. All right, that isn't impressive...but it was a long, long time coming! Laughing

I've conquered the world a couple of times in Europa Universalis II (1.08 most likely).

I beat Anachronox, and got every weapon. I tried to do it again a couple of years ago and couldn't find them. Confused And your team doesn't want to fight Detta without them.

I've pretty much seen what there is to see in Iji, but I had help so achievement is a bit much here. And I never beat Hell. Evil

Oooh. I, yes indeed, I have beat Civilization games on Deity. Laughing I'm sorry, it's just sort of silly to take much pride in these things. I remember them, but...yeah...who cares?

I got some ungodly number of kills in StarFox 64. It was hundreds above the top score in the official player's guide. I don't think my wrists would tolerate anything of the sort today.

I've completed the pirate quest in Sea Dogs. Sarcastic I'll leave it at that...

Long ago, when dinosaurs roamed the earth I was a master at Return to Castle Wolfenstein. Never a popular game competitively, and in those days 99% of the time for fun, I declined to play matches with my clan because I thought that took the fun out of it. Sure sure, raise the stakes to the moon and compete against hardcore guys who are um, tryhards lol, it'll be fun. I like to win, not stress out! But I did get compared to [Ars] play0r. I don't think so! There are no words for how much I miss those days.

I have some ungodly score in Space King, which you've never heard of. I would tell you but seemingly the file's on my laptop drive. Suffice to say I've got it figured out.

I beat the Garfield game on the Game Gear. As an adult. Laughing

I'm sure there are many more "achievements" I can't even remember.
Hunter

2365 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:20 am    Post subject: Your Greatest Video Game Achievements Reply with quote

Sorry for the double post, but it broke the post when I tried to place a quote after [the crossed arm smiley]. It broke this post too so...I removed it.

linukkis wrote:
Hey, happy new year! This is an amazing topic!

One of my "achievements" was when I figured out I could simply edit the textures of cars in Mafia: TCoLH. Since green is my favorite color, many cars became... well, green Laughing Bruno Speedster 851, Thor 810/812, Ulver Airstream are just a few of the "greenified victims" Very happy

You know that's in the game files...the green Speedster.
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1401 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Your Greatest Video Game Achievements Reply with quote

Of course I know that, I also know you barely ever see one live, so I swapped the textures and retouched the green to have a darker shade.
AsaSK

Mafiascene Veteran Modder
Mafiascene Veteran Modder

12013 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:12 pm    Post subject: Your Greatest Video Game Achievements Reply with quote

Modding MTCoLH for 13 years

The official Mafioso Mod thread
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1401 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Your Greatest Video Game Achievements Reply with quote

AsaSK wrote:
Modding MTCoLH for 13 years

That's a very respectable achievement! Applause
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Games Off-Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: