FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

Mafia WORKS on Windows 10!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
huckleberrypie

436 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:32 am    Post subject: Re: Mafia WORKS on Windows 10! Reply with quote

ASM. wrote:
All Mafia versions work fine on Windows 10. However the original non-Steam releases are SecuROM protected which is not supported on modern Windows versions anymore so you need to get hold of a NoCD crack for the patch level you want to play.

I recall it was SafeDisc, but I could be wrong.
vitorzinho10

18 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:29 pm    Post subject: Mafia WORKS on Windows 10! Reply with quote

I need to reformulate the question:

Can I downgrade my Mafia game? And how? Currently I play it from Steam (Win10) , but I'd like to play the v1.0 or the v1.1
ASM.

Mafiascene Veteran Modder
Mafiascene Veteran Modder

671 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia WORKS on Windows 10! Reply with quote

huckleberrypie wrote:
I recall it was SafeDisc, but I could be wrong.

Hm looks like it was indeed SafeDisc. Thinking

vitorzinho10 wrote:

I need to reformulate the question:

Can I downgrade my Mafia game? And how? Currently I play it from Steam (Win10) , but I'd like to play the v1.0 or the v1.1

To downgrade to v1.1 you basically need to:

1. Extract a8.dta and LS3DF.dll from the v1.1 patch executable and replace the files in your installation (make backups of them first)
  2. Replace the original Game.exe with the v1.1 NoCD crack (again, make a backup first). Using the Game.exe from the update package does not work since it's SafeDisc protected which is not supported on Windows 10 anymore.

Downgrading to v1.0 basically works the same way; however getting hold of a v1.0 LS3DF.dll might be a little harder since it only shipped with the original v1.0 disc release and NoCD crack releases probably didn't include it as it's not protected.

Another question is what exact Steam release you have. Mafia was gone off Steam for some time and later re-released with most/all licensed music stripped. The re-release does not ship with AB.dta which is a problem as the Game.exe's of all patch levels (including their NoCD crack counterparts) expect that file to be present and refuse to boot if it's not. To work around that you'd have to either patch your Game.exe to skip that file or get hold of it from somewhere.
Zsombor

162 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:19 am    Post subject: Mafia WORKS on Windows 10! Reply with quote

I can report that on 64 bit Windows 8.1 the game runs fine. First, you need to run setup.exe, of course, then everything works, including fullscreen mode! Smile
(Everything should work properly, but I "heavily" modded my game which has some side effects... My game is a "torrented" non-CD version.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia I Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: