FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

Mysterious men

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Artey

16 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:08 am    Post subject: Mysterious men Reply with quote

Hello,

we found a few men with strange faces in Mafia. There is one of them in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSShuSoOvGk at 0:30 and another one at 0:32. They both wear trenchcoats, seem to have the same, unusual face and apparently draw their weapons before being attacked. Another one is in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyfUB5_Mijc at 7:56. I don't think they appear in the city normally. Given their behaviour, we theorised in the comments that it could be a mechanic that was scrapped in development. Does anyone know about this? Or are we just making things up?
Mnich

Site Staff
Site Staff

47073 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:06 pm    Post subject: Mysterious men Reply with quote

We have this theory in the community that the old guy is a detective/undercover cop. He's the only pedestrian that works similar to cops - he will try to arrest you when the police is chasing you.
He's not mentioned in the files though, so I can't say anything else about him.

You can watch him in action here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qmL-NY20do

AsaSK wrote:
I thought there was something strange about naughtyboy (Cole Phelps).. apart from the fact that his username sounds very gay.
Artey

16 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:29 pm    Post subject: Mysterious men Reply with quote

I see, so they were probably hostile because of his driving. That's not quite as interesting as I hoped, but maybe that's why it was cut. Thanks anyway.
Hunter

2349 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:12 pm    Post subject: Mysterious men Reply with quote

It's unclear if that guy's game is modified. I've never seen that happen, however. Apparently he's an old detective.

The detectives in this game only appear in missions and they are already hostile when they do.

Perhaps there is something going on with the scripting of these particular missions which allows this man to appear in some case.
Mnich

Site Staff
Site Staff

47073 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Mysterious men Reply with quote

Hunter wrote:
It's unclear if that guy's game is modified. I've never seen that happen, however. Apparently he's an old detective.

He is not a result of modding. He appears in standard game and as I already said - there's nothing in the files. You can spot him in Freeride or any mission as a normal pedestrian. Breaking the law triggers him to act.

AsaSK wrote:
I thought there was something strange about naughtyboy (Cole Phelps).. apart from the fact that his username sounds very gay.
risan

47 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:57 pm    Post subject: Mysterious men Reply with quote

I can confirm that this is not a mod. i've seen the police guy once in my life when playing mafia, it seems to me that he's more rare than the dog head person.
Hunter

2349 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:47 am    Post subject: Mysterious men Reply with quote

You haven't really gone though Mafia if you haven't seen a dog-woman or a dog-man a time or two. Sticking out tongue

So does this guy appear in freeride, or particular missions? Or both?
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1350 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Mysterious men Reply with quote

Hunter wrote:
You haven't really gone though Mafia if you haven't seen a dog-woman or a dog-man a time or two. Sticking out tongue ?

I have completed Mafia 13 times and I kid you not, I haven't seen the famous dog-headed guy not once! Some luck... I don't think so!
n0ughty_b0y

51 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:40 pm    Post subject: Mysterious men Reply with quote

I covered this in my recent details video at 1:20

https://youtu.be/Nz1CprPntFM
Artey

16 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:14 pm    Post subject: Mysterious men Reply with quote

Yeah, I saw it later. Looks like they got rediscovered a few times recently.
Hunter

2349 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:57 am    Post subject: Re: Mysterious men Reply with quote

linukkis wrote:

I have completed Mafia 13 times and I kid you not, I haven't seen the famous dog-headed guy not once! Some luck... I don't think so!

Completed, enh. It's random (AFAIK) so not based on how much you have played, but if you have enough hours of for instance freeride play around places people are walking, you are sure to find one. For I've come across them a number of times.

But not this detective, that I recall.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 1 Game All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: