FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kushalmattio

46 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:55 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Now as Mafia Definitive edition will use Denuvo. Will it be possible to make mods for it? As I am complete newbie in this I want to know because there was so cool mods for the original.
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

278058 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:36 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Zsombor wrote:
I can't understand other peoples why they want so high fps and so big resolution. 1024×768 resolution with dual monitor setup is enough for me.

Probably because some of us have CPUs that run at 4.4GHz
GPUs that can run 4K games plus 4K monitors - so of course
we want games to match our hardware. Smirking

Last edited by Muggy on Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Robville

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

255932 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

kushalmattio wrote:
Now as Mafia Definitive edition will use Denuvo. Will it be possible to make mods for it? As I am complete newbie in this I want to know because there was so cool mods for the original.

Denuvo or (other DRM) usually has no effect on mods, since it is basically just a glorified authenticator tool for ownership.

M:DE's moddability will solely depend on how accessible its data is.

Zsombor wrote:
madmaxgamer wrote:
Confirmed : Mafia 1: DE will use Denuvo for anti-piracy protection. This usually means lower framerates and longer loading times.

Lower framerates? I don't want to run my programs in more than 30 fps, so that's not a problem for me. :J
I can't understand other peoples why they want so high fps and so big resolution. 1024×768 resolution with dual monitor setup is enough for me.

This isn't usually a matter of just lower framerates. It is a matter of a performance impact. Such as heavy frame drops, stuttering, hanging or visual artifacts. These problems are quite often independent from whatever graphical settings are applied.

www.robville.net
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

278058 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:19 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Mr Robville wrote:
This isn't usually a matter of just lower framerates. It is a matter of a performance impact. Such as heavy frame drops, stuttering, hanging or visual artifacts. These problems are quite often independent from whatever graphical settings are applied.

Indeed, in fact when I bought Mafia CoLH back in 2003
I had a 1.47GHz AMD CPU and an Nvidia GTX 460 GPU.
My monitor back then was a 19 inch CRT and my hardware
more than matched the recommended specs - the maximum
resolution that was available was 1024 x 768 but even then
I got frame drops and stuttering.

Last edited by Muggy on Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dujk

578 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:27 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Game feels completely lost character,cinematics lost camera work dynamics, prolonged dialogues feels forced out and generic ,gameplay is rehashed,what's make the mafia great couldn't revive with mediocrity.
Mr Robville

255932 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:12 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

First reviews are rolling out. Exclusive ones though mind you, so take it with a grain of salt.
A Dutch review website so far seemed most critical giving it a 6.5, which came down to shooting mechanics and such being lackluster as well as poor AI. They did praise the story and atmosphere though. Two things I value highly.

I gotta say, as long as the story pays proper tribute to the original, I'll certainly give this a go at some point. I suck at shooters anyway, so I could accept subpar combat if a story and its atmosphere holds it up. The same way I ended up enjoying Mafia 3. That story kept me hooked strong enough to wade through the repetitive missions.

Good thing about this game though when waiting to buy it, is that it can hardly be spoiled for us.

www.robville.net
Dujk

578 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:02 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Some firm but fair reviews,

Gameinformer:5.5
Graphics:The visuals are an improvement over the original, but dodgy animations and lackluster environments pull the experience down.
Sound: The new orchestral score occasionally seems better suited for a Bugs Bunny cartoon. The licensed ‘30s tunes add to the atmosphere.
Playability:Gunplay is awful, melee combat is unintentionally hilarious, and forced stealth sections are a reminder of how far games have come in the years since the original’s debut.
Entertainment:Faithful almost to a fault, Hangar 13’s remake puts a glossy finish on a title that is fundamentally musty by contemporary standards.

Gamespot 6.0
Combat is archaic and lacks dynamism.
Stilted movement and dull enemy AI contributes to the combat's tedious nature.
Rudimentary stealth and melee combat feel like afterthoughts.
huckleberrypie

432 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Mr Robville wrote:
First reviews are rolling out. Exclusive ones though mind you, so take it with a grain of salt.
A Dutch review website so far seemed most critical giving it a 6.5, which came down to shooting mechanics and such being lackluster as well as poor AI. They did praise the story and atmosphere though. Two things I value highly.

I gotta say, as long as the story pays proper tribute to the original, I'll certainly give this a go at some point. I suck at shooters anyway, so I could accept subpar combat if a story and its atmosphere holds it up. The same way I ended up enjoying Mafia 3. That story kept me hooked strong enough to wade through the repetitive missions.

Good thing about this game though when waiting to buy it, is that it can hardly be spoiled for us.

Not that great with shooters either so I'm alright with it.
arbitrarymobster

95 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:18 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

No wheel/ff support, no OS besides Win 8/10, ridiculous DRM, bugs & glitches.... I'm out!
I'll stick to the original with its wheel/ff support, any OS, no DRM, smooth game play experience.
AMadeMan

544 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:48 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

I think I'll stick with the original as well. Mafia DE is just too close to Mafia 3 in terms of how it plays. Although it looks good for the most part, its the gameplay and attention to detail where Mafia 2002 shined like a star. Most of the additional stuff from the original like force feedback for driving, interactive environments, and bonus character interactions with hidden dialogue that could easily be missed, etc were all removed and replaced with a linear hold-your-hand Mafia 3 style mask. I can not overlook how they butchered most of the characters, and the DRM is just the cherry on the top.

Mafia DE just feels.... well, half-assed.

Any game can look up to date or "next gen", but it takes true effort with real passion and love to make something with detail and function the way Mafia had.

Dan Vavra really predicted with this when he said this remake was nothing special.

To quote Don Corleone - "Look how they massacred my boy."
arbitrarymobster

95 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:12 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

@AmadeMan: Yes I forgot to mention the hold-your-hand stuff too. Particularly odd for a game made for 18+ year olds.

I think they should have called it “Mafia: Annoying Little Brother Edition.”
Ur3o

2 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:40 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

its so sad... the mafia DE feels so not finished >S

it has so many things what vould be in game... tram at city. swimming... Tommy even get wet and even try when You r out of water... and if you go to water Tommy start to swim... and then your up on land again... >S
like why +_+

but i like the era and qraphics.. its true, its like mafia3 but what else we can get when they boild it up on mafia 3 engine...

but everyone, have a nice gaming. hope to see some LUA scripts for DE >D
huckleberrypie

432 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

arbitrarymobster wrote:
No wheel/ff support, no OS besides Win 8/10, ridiculous DRM, bugs & glitches.... I'm out!
I'll stick to the original with its wheel/ff support, any OS, no DRM, smooth game play experience.

Someone actually got steering wheel support to work on DE, but I get your stance on the DRM and glitches. Not to mention that it seems to be unfairly hard to run on low-end machines.
kushalmattio

46 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:20 am    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

What about the ending? I kinda liked it.. Could see Tom's Daughter and Sarah when he died..
mammix

839 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

kushalmattio wrote:
What about the ending? I kinda liked it.. Could see Tom's Daughter and Sarah when he died..

The ending was made horribly. No nuance, everything in your face, boom, a minute and the game's finished. If not original Mafia, you would forget about Tommy dying after few days.
And for the love of god why did they cut the best quote of gaming industry?!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 1 Game All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 14 of 17

Jump to: