FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

278064 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:22 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Zsombor wrote:
The game will be a bit hungry, if I can believe these.

I wish people would stop posting specs as until
the game has been finally released on September
25th; they are purely speculative. For example if
ray tracing is or might be included we are looking
at an RTX card. In other words no one knows
exactly what the specs will be both minimum and
recommended. Thinking

Last edited by Muggy on Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
ASM.

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

677 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:18 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

The specs were posted on the official Mafia Twitter account some days ago:
http://twitter.com/mafiagame/status/1305899212693938177
LeroyPeterson

3026 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Muggy wrote:
I wouldn't trust those system requirements tbth
I don't believe them to be legit for a start, for
example check on the recommended storage. Oops!

Just a typo. I took that screenshot from the steam page, you're welcome to look at them yourself.

If a game doesn't have minimum specs officially released a week out prior to launch, then it's a cause for concern.
huckleberrypie

438 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:01 am    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Someone did a video of the preview build running off three GPUs. Assuming this holds true with the final build, I guess we should be fine for now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs8FQ-jEBWQ
Feetlebaum

45 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:10 am    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Now that there is less than a week before the game releases, what are some of your nit-picky concerns?

Personally, I wonder how the vehicles will differ. Because there were no ambulances and fire trucks in Mafia 3, I'm really hoping that they exist in this remake. After all, they were in the original. I'm not holding my breath for every single car from the original to make an appearance, but it would be nice to be able to drive the Crazy Horse or the Manta Prototype, for example.
lostinmafia_heavenMS

228 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:15 am    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Nitpicks, oh let's see..

-Markers/icons everywhere

-Americanized dialogue, examples; cheesy humor (I don't mind it, but it's just overused) 'Professional voice acting' (It needed to be updated, yet it feels too polished)

-No tension, in those few moments, I just laughed mostly. (gameplay and cutscenes)

-Tommy is 'perfect'

-Animations, seems copy pasted from the game that shall not be named..

-Subpar A.I

-Daytime lighting still an issue?

I could probably go on.. I'm just here for the cutscenes, I mean there are great comparisons made on YT with M1 vs game that shall not be named, even in the gameplay M1 was a clear winner, 'nuff said.

Overall I'll play it a few times, enjoy it and go back to Mafia.
RubyDragon949

752 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:18 am    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

How about this for an idea.

How cool would it be if - Instead of any DLC or anything like that which Hanger 13 might do in the future. We band together to get some of Mafia's most popular and famous story related mods to be remade for the Definitive Edition too? Very happy

I can only speak for myself on this of course, because I would absolutely love to see them create my Commission Mod for the Definitive Edition. I wouldn't expect any money for it, it would just be an honor to get my mod included in the Definitive Edition.

It would also be awesome to see some other story mods included, such as those created by the great Michal Šafárik.

What do you think? Realistically, could we band together as a community and make something like this happen?

Let me know Smile

Best regards,

*Ruby*

The Commission Mod

The Robbery Mod

The Gangster Life Mod

Regards

*Ruby*
Dujk

578 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

lostinmafia_heavenMS wrote:

-Animations, seems copy pasted from the game that shall not be named..
-Daytime lighting still an issue?

Laughing , Impossible
madmaxgamer

83 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:52 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Confirmed : Mafia 1: DE will use Denuvo for anti-piracy protection. This usually means lower framerates and longer loading times.

Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

278064 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

madmaxgamer wrote:
Confirmed : Mafia 1: DE will use Denuvo for anti-piracy protection. This usually means lower framerates and longer loading times.

Well that's confirmed my decision NOT to buy
this game whatsoever! I don't think so!

This is also why you definitely
should not preorder!

Last edited by Muggy on Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
AMadeMan

552 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:03 am    Post subject: Re: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

RubyDragon949 wrote:
How about this for an idea.

How cool would it be if - Instead of any DLC or anything like that which Hanger 13 might do in the future. We band together to get some of Mafia's most popular and famous story related mods to be remade for the Definitive Edition too? Very happy

I can only speak for myself on this of course, because I would absolutely love to see them create my Commission Mod for the Definitive Edition. I wouldn't expect any money for it, it would just be an honor to get my mod included in the Definitive Edition.

It would also be awesome to see some other story mods included, such as those created by the great Michal Šafárik.

What do you think? Realistically, could we band together as a community and make something like this happen?

Let me know Smile

Best regards,

*Ruby*

I wish the devs were that generous. As much as I'd like to see the Ikarus, Commision, or Titanic mods all remade in Mafia as tribute fan content for all the years of support (Which is the only reason this remake was made), I can't see someone like Hangar 13 or any dev under Take 2 doing something like that, especially knowing their track record. It might be possible if Mafia DE was made by Warhorse Studios.
Mr Robville

255950 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

madmaxgamer wrote:

Aww shit.

If there's one thing I've learned regarding Denuvo, it is that the pirated versions run far better than the legal versions, simply because the pirated versions circumvent this monstrosity of bloatware.

Why developers still use this is absolutely beyond me. Time after time after time it is shown repeatedly how much it negatively affects the performance of the game, or causes CPU's to overheat.

Just look at the Crysis Remastered game. The performance is reportedly utter crap, where people have actually started recommending the original instead because it runs better.

When developers in 2020 still think that anti tamper software is the thing they need to combat piracy, they deserve getting their product pirated.

www.robville.net
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

278064 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:35 am    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Mr Robville wrote:
When developers in 2020 still think that
anti tamper software is the thing they need to combat piracy,
they deserve getting their product pirated.

Not *ahem* that I condone piracy *ahem* - but
I couldn't agree more.

It will be interesting how Mack from Worth a Buy
deals with this, if and when he reviews the finished
product; his small review of the prebuild was not
favourable towards the remake.

Last edited by Muggy on Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zsombor

166 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

madmaxgamer wrote:

Lower framerates? I don't want to run my programs in more than 30 fps, so that's not a problem for me. Smirking
I can't understand other peoples why they want so high fps and so big resolution. 1024×768 resolution with dual monitor setup is enough for me.
Dujk

578 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Muggy wrote:
Mr Robville wrote:
When developers in 2020 still think that
anti tamper software is the thing they need to combat piracy,
they deserve getting their product pirated.

Not *ahem* that I condone piracy *ahem* - but
I couldn't agree more.

It will be interesting how Mack from Worth a Buy
deals with this, if and when he reviews the finished
product; his small review of the prebuild was not
favourable towards the remake.

After M3 i don't feel like paying full for H13 remakes anyways .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 1 Game All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 13 of 18

Jump to: