FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

Mafia 1 Real N.Y buildings mod

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nfsfan83

17 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:58 am    Post subject: Mafia 1 Real N.Y buildings mod Reply with quote

Mafia 1 Real N.Y buildings mod

Hello to everyone Mafia 1 fans !!!

It is my first post. Few days ago I finished first time Mafia Lost Heaven PC (only main story), I know a little late. I very like this climate of 30's in USA. In 2003 I have possibility to choose play GTA3 or Mafia 1 and I choose GTA 3, very big mistake Sad but now I finished Mafia 1, better late than never Smile

My question and suggestion to people who can make mods, I can help with textures:

is there any way to replace some buildings in game from real buildings from N.Y??? Why I ask about it? Some times ago I made few city tracks to Need For Speed High Stakes:

my YT channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/superbravo666/videos

one of biggest thing I made for NFS4 was New York track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfhBW2412JI&t=115s

How to make miniature of YT link??? I use insert video file but nothing see.

But to the point, when I made this I use many textures from sketchup google earth models:

few exapmples:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/ce8a4aa401c82e92776079129397a44/Empire-State-Building

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/6396d7d0284975ba29bc18d74bae9c2d/Brooklyn-Bridge

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/d6252c6ec1c6b9abd6c1dabda3f18ad3/The-Chrysler-Building

and many more, of course only old buildings models who can looks like made in 30's and 20's

So is it possible to replace Mafia 1 models with games with these and others models? These models are not too complicated, not have many polygons. What size of textures are in Mafia 1. Also we can use textures from N.Y track for NFS4.

My second thing is:

I have 3 x CD Mafia retail polish 1.2 or 1.3 version, but use patch 1.0, to work with Mafiacon, but is it any engine files tweak to make bigger distance view?

Widescreen fix doesn't work, If I install it, game doesn't start.

Sorry for my English. Greetings from Poland. Nfsfan83
hostar

15 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:03 pm    Post subject: Mafia 1 Real N.Y buildings mod Reply with quote

Yes, you can replace models.

If you want to replace models and textures, you need to do 2 things:
1) put models and textures files to correct folders ("models" and "maps")
2) change the mission file to include those files

If you are beginning with Mafia modding, it seems quite complex, but I think it is not that hard, once you grasp the available tools.

First you should extract DTA files with Mafia Data Extractor

The models are in proprietary 4DS format. You can use 3DS Max. You need this tool for import. You can also use Zanoza modeler. See Downloads section

In order to see you model in game, download MWE
Run MWE and select mission, for example FREERIDE (folder "missions"). You will than see editable 3D image of game just like in game itself.
In this tool you can add new models or delete existing ones.

When you change the definition of the mission, save it and run the mission game to see the result.

To increase draw distance, use this: UDD
Nfsfan83

17 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:02 pm    Post subject: Mafia 1 Real N.Y buildings mod Reply with quote

So many programs to use Smile so hard.

But first: example if i want replace giuliano bridge by brooklyn brigde if I made or convert model in 3ds? I must set collision etc? I must replace it in each mission scene and freeride or once and it will be in all missions and freeride?

What I mean, Mafia City is one big map split on few small parts, and all missions are build only on scripts? or in each mission map is loading each time?

How to use UDD Patch?

1. use MafiaDataXTractor and extract what?

need manual Smile thanks guys
hostar

15 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:32 pm    Post subject: Mafia 1 Real N.Y buildings mod Reply with quote

There is actually tutorial available for this (it is a bit outdated, you do not need Zanoza anymore):
http://mafiascene.com/modules.php?name=downloads&action=get_download&id=393

Quote:
MafiaDataXTractor and extract what?

missions, models, textures

The files for MWE are in the "missions" folder.

Quote:
How to use UDD Patch?

When you run UDD.exe, there are quite clear instruction what to do.

Quote:
if I made or convert model in 3ds?

I do not entirely understand this part, but if you already have some model in some format, you can convert it in 3DS Max into 4DS by tool I mentioned (https://github.com/pudingus/Max4dsTools)

Quote:
I must replace it in each mission scene and freeride or once and it will be in all missions and freeride?

Unfortunately you need to replace it in every mission, which takes place in the city. The city, if I am correct, is in the file cache.bin, so probably some of the missions have this file same, so you could maybe just copy it. Start slowly, for example with Freeride, which is often used for modding.

Quote:
I must set collision etc?

If the new bridge will have similar shape, you can keep the original collisions. For start you do not need to worry about collisions, but if you want to create them, you can use the MWE to edit them.

Do not be afraid to experiment. If the game stops to work, you can always just rename the extracted folders to put the game into original state.
Nfsfan83

17 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:19 pm    Post subject: Mafia 1 Real N.Y buildings mod Reply with quote

Very Thanks hostar for all advice, so If I undertstand good, If I want replace example giuliano bridge with new brooklyn bridge I must replace it in all missions Sad and also in freeride???
hostar

15 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:03 pm    Post subject: Mafia 1 Real N.Y buildings mod Reply with quote

No. The bridge will be replaced in those missions in which you replace them.

So if you replace it in freeride then it will be replaced in freeride, but not anywhere else.

Although if you replace the 4ds model of the bridge itself and you will keep the name of the replaced same, it will be replaced everywhere, but the collisions will probably be wrong.

It seems hard to understand, but once you see the folder structure it will be more clear.
Nfsfan83

17 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:20 am    Post subject: Mafia 1 Real N.Y buildings mod Reply with quote

Think about it, and I'm not surprised no one has done it before (replace building models in game).

But maybe You know I discover how to replace music from game by own:

1. MafiaDataXTractor and extrac folder Music, in Mafia main game folder lwill be new - SOUNDS\MUSIC

2. In folder MUSIC find music of district you want replace example: city_music_02 (Italian district)

3. Your new music file must be in OGG format 224 kb/s and 44100 hz

4. copy your music in ogg file to folder SOUNDS\MUSIC in Mafia Main Game folder and rename Your music by name of original file.

Some nice original songs ( yes songs not tunes)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKlUG1AjunM

and my favorite ( I know is it from 40's but... Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr7Tu5UlrhE

Anyway is it any mod to make radio station, like radio in GTA series ( own mp3 or ogg to folder and in game play it etc)

Done Smile
Nfsfan83

17 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:55 pm    Post subject: Mafia 1 Real N.Y buildings mod Reply with quote

Guys, I'm still thinking how to start replace some models in free ride, but meanwhile look what I want use. These screens are made from NFS4 track editor. And You see all track shape in editor, so huge Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: