FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

Predmety files (weapons)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SooperK

103 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:22 pm    Post subject: Predmety files (weapons) Reply with quote

I recently installed the Mafia community mod pack, but now when I use the mafia value editor, I have lost the ability to edit (or even find) the weapons files, predmety files I believe, in the tables folder. Discovering this, I extracted the tables folder again using mafia data extractor, and this did give me access to the weapons files again, but After doing this and launching mafia, I no longer have access to any cars whatsoever and started free ride on foot causing the game to crash. Anyone else have a problem like this?
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

278062 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:45 pm    Post subject: Predmety files (weapons) Reply with quote

I have moved this to Mafia Mod Help
as Ask a Modder Modding is for help in creating Mods.

mammix

1159 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:41 pm    Post subject: Predmety files (weapons) Reply with quote

The only thing I can think of was that you had the game patched, and by unpacking the files again, something doesn't work properly. Try installing everything again and unpack the files without patching, it helped me in a similar situation (no cars to be chosen while loading freeride and - if I remember correctly - also starting it on foot).
SooperK

103 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:40 pm    Post subject: Predmety files (weapons) Reply with quote

Thanks for the response, mammix. The next time i have to install the game, i will set it up that way to see if it is a true solution. What I did for the time being is re-install the community mod pack and deleted all previous mods. But beforehand, I extracted the tables folder and copied all items to a different folder, then after install of the mod pack, simply pasted the copied files back into the tables folder. This worked as I am now able to editing the vehicles and weapons and text again with the community mod pack active, but looking into BSV6, i only have the option of cache.bin or scene2.bin; nothing else is available. I am running on windows 10 now unfortunately, so from my understanding to get mafia to work, there was a "fix" I had to install and a version 1.3 patch. (which now that i think of it, in the data xtractor for mafia there is a Patch 1.1 for a8.dta. Not sure if this was there before.) My guess would definitely be on this 1.3 patch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mod Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: