FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

YAMSE - Yet another mafia scene editor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hostar

15 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:13 am    Post subject: YAMSE - Yet another mafia scene editor Reply with quote

Last few week I have been working on new editor for Scene2 files.

Originally I only wanted to visualize dependency between scripts, but then it seems that parsing the whole file will not be that hard.

Screenshot

Features
    script and init script editing
    script highlighting
    script dependency visualizer
    editing multiple scripts at once
    editing of any other object with hex editor

(more or less) planned features
    editing of enemy script
    specific editors for other types of objects
    adding and deleting objects
    DNC import/export
    other features...sky is the limit

It is fully open source and written in C#, although currently it is not possible to compile it because of missing dependencies (will be hopefully fixed in upcoming weeks).

This is beta version at best, so please make sure to backup your files before using this.

Download: Github
Source code: Github

.NET core runtime is required to run this: Microsoft

Feedback is welcomed.
Firefox3860

97 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:27 pm    Post subject: YAMSE - Yet another mafia scene editor Reply with quote

good thing, thanks Smile

i found the bug. i pressed object attachment and maximize buttons and program dropped the exception.
screen - http://images.vfl.ru/ii/1598790420/98718d55/31490853.png

a trying to copy text from hex redactor leads to: http://images.vfl.ru/ii/1598790848/b384b00b/31490879.png

few another - http://images.vfl.ru/ii/1598791295/1c6504f0/31490927.png
"Unknown Objects" - correctors setting the coordinates and rotations of single subobjects.
2 types of definitions is not supported: "Wagons" and "Rail route". They are incorrectly parsed and placed in "Standard" category. That how they looked in DCED: http://images.vfl.ru/ii/1598792314/fc308f37/31491025.png
what is "Unknown 2"?

sometimes the program hangs after saving the script and opening it again (seems to be due to the writing of russian letters)

http://images.vfl.ru/ii/1598799532/54d1ff21/31491923.jpg - haha, who made translating? Very happy you need some help with this, i guess.
hostar

15 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:06 pm    Post subject: YAMSE - Yet another mafia scene editor Reply with quote

Firefox3860, thanks for reporting those.

"i pressed object attachment and maximize buttons and program dropped the exception" - I am sorry, but do not understand what that mean and I was not able to reproduce it.

Hex editor copying works for me. Is it caused maybe by the fact your operating system language is Russian? From screens it seems you have Windows 7, but I only tested on Windows 10.

Regarding the wrong type of object (Standard instead of Wagon and Railroute) - I will fix that.

"Unknown 2" is name of section, which has unknown type for me. Scene2 contains sometimes those empty sections. I will try to fix that later, so it contains correct name.

I tried entering some Russian letters into script, but nothing crashed.

The translation is part of Hex editor component I use, therefore I cannot really fix it. I maybe could force it to be always in English. This is the component I use:WpfHexEditorControl
Firefox3860

97 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: YAMSE - Yet another mafia scene editor Reply with quote

hostar wrote:
I am sorry, but do not understand what that mean and I was not able to reproduce it.
to be honest, I also could not find a clear sequence of actions leading to this. I attach 4 objects as in the screenshot, and then I press the buttons to expand and close them in a random sequence, and then this can happen.

hostar wrote:
Is it caused maybe by the fact your operating system language is Russian? From screens it seems you have Windows 7, but I only tested on Windows 10.
it's Russian, yes. but I don't know if it can affect the program's performance. the w7 effect is more likely...

hostar wrote:
The translation is part of Hex editor component I use, therefore I cannot really fix it.
it's a pity. the translation is bad.
hostar

15 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:30 am    Post subject: YAMSE - Yet another mafia scene editor Reply with quote

Thank you, I have managed to reproduce it and fix it.
The HexEditor is also always in English now.

However I will not release the new version yet, I will first implement some more fixes and maybe add editing of more objects.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: