FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Olik

8 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:07 am    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Map comparison

https://imgsli.com/MTk4NTU
n0ughty_b0y

112 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:01 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

just made this,
it’s a comparison of the new concept art to the original in-game locations

AMadeMan

565 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:21 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

The new gameplay trailer does not sit well with me.

While I like Tommy's voice, Paulie does not feel nor sound like the unstable outgoing Goodfellas-type guy from the original, and instead sounds like a fragile teenager in a high school play. During the mission "A trip to the Country", when Sam is injured and disabled, he whines and screams like he is a child. In the original game, Sam was calm and collected not just in the moment, but throughout the entire game up until the end, losing his temper very few times compared to Paulie. Overall, the voices are very exaggerated and plain cringey. Tommy has a ton of animations reused from Lincoln in Mafia 3. His combat and gunplay style is basically Mafia 3, despite what Haden said about Tommy not being a soldier.

The interface is bothersome because this is not supposed to be some generic GTA shooter clone. Mafia is a unique game that takes place in the 1930s, so it should at least have an interface that looks like it.

The vehicle physics and driving is something I REALLY don't like. Again, it basically looks exactly like Mafia 3's arcade driving. The gunplay itself is also just like Mafia 3. It hardly has any sense of realism or even improvement and has WAY too much usage of the bullet trails effect.

If this remake fails, then it will be clear that Hangar 13 did not learn at all.
LeroyPeterson

3026 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:31 am    Post subject: Re: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

AMadeMan wrote:
If this remake fails, then it will be clear that Hangar 13 did not learn at all.

they learned that Mafia 3 was the best selling game of the series...

People can blame Hanger 13 all they want, but at the end of the day 2k calls the shots probably tells them what they want and how much time they have to deliver.
ASM.

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

687 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

n0ughty_b0y wrote:
just made this,
it’s a comparison of the new concept art to the original in-game locations

I think you got the Works Quarter scene wrong. I'd say the concept art shows a side street near the Lost Heaven Station. Thinking
AMadeMan

565 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:08 am    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

This might be a stretch, but I feel like the armored car in the chase portion of A Visit to the Country is the remake's Black Metal from the original. The big giveaway was the round gun turret on top. (It only has one gun this time instead of two and its missing the armored plow at the front)

I just find the inclusion of it in that mission very strange. Unless there is something I missed where it plays into the story, I don't see a reason for it to be there other than to give the mission more action.
Zsombor

186 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:04 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Wink I just checked:
Mafia: Definitive Edition can be preordered on Steam for 39.99€ and the game will be unlocked at 25, September!
I will definitely buy it when it gets unlocked! Smile
lostinmafia_heavenMS

230 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:23 am    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

So a 'Classic mode' is being implemented, which hopefully restores some feeling of the original..

Still not convinced, guess we'll have to wait and see. I don't see the AI magicly become more advanced on this difficulty other than being bullet sponges.
PCLad1

21 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:43 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

I’m excited.
Hunter

2385 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:19 am    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

That concept art looks like concept art for the 18 year old game.
Dujk

578 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:25 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Mafia Vocab: Going to the Mattresses
Mr Robville

255968 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:51 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

There are many new gameplay videos popping up. If I were to recommend one, have a look at Triple A Digest's video:

This video seemed to be the only one that addressed all the concerns I had. Some are confirmed, others are proven otherwise.

If anything, it made me a little more confident that they may do the game justice after all. Especially once he mentioned that if you reload when there are still bullets left, you'll lose them. If the developers kept in such details, I'm starting to have a bit more faith.

There are still a few things that I don't really like such as the animations from Mafia 3. But in an otherwise good game, those things could be considered negligible. I didn't despise M3's combat after all.

www.robville.net
Dujk

578 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:03 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Somewhat ok if can ignore the arcade animations& meh physics.

nesquik

92 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:15 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

The gameplay of the first missions. My opinion is short - too many things are wrong with It. The scenario has been changed too hard. I disappointed because the city, dialogues, faces, and car damages aren't matching with my expectations Sad especially the last thing as well as music isn't original, the colors have a lot of soap and aren't bright Sad

Dujk

578 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

nesquik wrote:
The gameplay of the first missions. My opinion is short - too many things are wrong with It. The scenario has been changed too hard. I disappointed because the city, dialogues, faces, and car damages aren't matching with my expectations Sad especially the last thing as well as music isn't original, the colors have a lot of soap and aren't bright Sad

Shiii... wtf ? same pre-scripted chase scenes bloating the whole mission and there isn't any police in downtown to interfere,massive arcade i'm shocked.Let's hope that doesn't exist in classic mode.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 1 Game All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 9 of 18

Jump to: