FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
n0ughty_b0y

45 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:55 am    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Quote:
"naughtyboy"

OK, I'm not him, just picked a bad name lol

Quote:
Haden Blackman to say that Tommy will not be moving like a trained soldier (Lincoln), but we literally saw him doing that.

I'm honestly fine with the Mafia 3 gunplay but it's funny how he tried to convince us it wouldn't be the same.

In an ideal world Mafia 1 would have a remake that is more faithful to the classic gameplay rather than this arcadey stuff.. but this 1.5 year project in the Mafia 3 engine is what we got and I'll attempt to enjoy it for what it is.

Quote:
- reduce the HUD or least allow it to be partially disabled

this I strongly agree with, especially the big white arrow showing you can move around cover.
Zsombor

146 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Mnich wrote:
I don't want to give any of you a false hope, but it was confirmed by one of the devs from Hangar13 on the Facebook, that this gameplay footage was from the old build (a few months old), so I guess we can expect some changes in gameplay with new animations, etc.
Oh, so that's a few months old gameplay! Well then, I hope they improve things and make an option for the "objective markers" to be able to switch them off. Guilty
n0ughty_b0y wrote:
Quote:
- reduce the HUD or least allow it to be partially disabled

this I strongly agree with, especially the big white arrow showing you can move around cover.
Me too! And also don't forget those "objective markers", too!
Mr Robville

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

255915 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:53 am    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Something ugh
That doesn't sit right with me ugh
Is the voice acting ugh
Particularly Paulie's ugh.

Just pay attention to how he sounds when they get out of the trucks to investigate. Paulie sounds as if he's lifting a piano mid-dialogue.

Aside of that, I find the voices to be a bit unclear. I hope it is just a balancing act of audio, since I initially had my doubts about the Lincoln Clay voice while the actor nailed that in the end as well.

But at this moment it gives me too much of an high school performance vibe, made by 3 friends in their early 20's. Something I rather not associate with a gangster drama. And I don't necessarily mean the actors themselves, because they look quite fitting on their IMDB page.

Especially their decision to change Paulie's no-nonsense sober attitude into a far more fragile character.
I'm fine with changes, but they better make it work, and as of this moment, I'm not wholly convinced.

And yeah, I definitely hope all of those animations get reworked. A detail I loved about M1 is when you drop the Colt (or any weapon) amidst reloading, you'll actually drop it with the slide still back or with the magazine missing. I always appreciated that detail.

Oh and as for that minimalist menu design. I wished game developers dropped that in 2010 already. I'm playing a 30's Mafia game, not installing a Windows 10 update for crying out loud.

www.robville.net
huckleberrypie

422 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Mr Robville wrote:
Something ugh
That doesn't sit right with me ugh
Is the voice acting ugh
Particularly Paulie's ugh.

Just pay attention to how he sounds when they get out of the trucks to investigate. Paulie sounds as if he's lifting a piano mid-dialogue.

Aside of that, I find the voices to be a bit unclear. I hope it is just a balancing act of audio, since I initially had my doubts about the Lincoln Clay voice while the actor nailed that in the end as well.

But at this moment it gives me too much of an high school performance vibe, made by 3 friends in their early 20's. Something I rather not associate with a gangster drama. And I don't necessarily mean the actors themselves, because they look quite fitting on their IMDB page.

Especially their decision to change Paulie's no-nonsense sober attitude into a far more fragile character.
I'm fine with changes, but they better make it work, and as of this moment, I'm not wholly convinced.

And yeah, I definitely hope all of those animations get reworked. A detail I loved about M1 is when you drop the Colt (or any weapon) amidst reloading, you'll actually drop it with the slide still back or with the magazine missing. I always appreciated that detail.

Oh and as for that minimalist menu design. I wished game developers dropped that in 2010 already. I'm playing a 30's Mafia game, not installing a Windows 10 update for crying out loud.

I've seen more convincing performances with Disneyland cast members than this lol. Not to bad-mouth the actors and all but yeah they sound a little off-character than the ones I know and love. I don't mind minimal UIs myself but it should've fit the narrative better than a rehash of the material-design Mafia III interface.

That being said, given the pandemic we're experiencing right now making logistics and more intensive work an arse and a half to pull off, I guess we'd have to settle with this for now.
Bumper

29 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:02 am    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

The map was recently released and I couldn't help but whip up some comparisons.

Official new map
Side by side comparison

The Central Island lines up almost exactly, the rest.. Well not quite, but it seems fairly faithful.

I still like the new map design, it might be slightly smaller in size but has less empty areas. Especially in Works Quarter. There also seem to be quite a few shortcuts that sort of make sense, but weren't there in the original game. Whether it's a good thing or bad, I don't know. I really liked driving in the original game, but if the driving is dreadful in the new it might be for the better.

The tram lines in the new map seem like they might be all connected to each other, unlike the three separate systems in the original game. Also there's a weird green dotted line going north-south from New Ark (North Park) to Downtown in the new game, wonder what that is? Thinking

Interestingly the park where you assassinate the politician was moved from New Ark to Chinatown.
Mr Robville

255915 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:31 am    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Although it gives me the impression that the countryside is smaller (if you look at the airport size) I do kinda like the new layout. It seems a little more fleshed out.

Anyone who ever no-clipped around the country side in the original would see that the environment doesn't connect properly. Rivers disappear around corners and so on. Things that could easily be done for a game that could literally use walls of trees as a texture to mask off whatever is behind it, but are far more difficult to do for a game with more detailed graphics.

So to me it makes sense they changed the layout a bit. I reckon that is for the better.
I do hope though that the countryside still feels as vast like it did in the original, which had a very open vibe to it, even if it wasn't really.

Love the comparison btw Smile

www.robville.net
Zsombor

146 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Bumper wrote:
The tram lines in the new map seem like they might be all connected to each other, unlike the three separate systems in the original game. Also there's a weird green dotted line going north-south from New Ark (North Park) to Downtown in the new game, wonder what that is? Thinking

Interestingly the park where you assassinate the politician was moved from New Ark to Chinatown.
And also the "dashed line" segment in the road between Hoboken and Oak Hill! Is that a new tunnel or what? Thinking

So (I'm referring to the original city part names for now):
▶ There's a new "Museum of History" next to the Hospital in New Ark!
▶ It seems the Airport got a bigger runaway, which ends almost behind the Hospital!
▶ New "Federal Post Depot" next to the exit to the Airport (in New Ark).
▶ New shortcut to the "old railway crossing location" from New Ark to Hoboken! And also it looks like the railway is now connected to Works Quarter! Shocked
■ "New Ark" and "Oak Hill" renamed! I wonder why?
▶ There's a new short "dead end street" next to the "Freeride Extreme" house in Oakwood!
▶ What's that "green dashed line" from Down Town to the top of New Ark?? Shocked
■ It seems like all tram lines are connected together, but the "Central Island line" remained where the original was.
▶ The whole park moved from New Ark to China Town! Shocked Also new neighborhood appeared at the old park location.
■ All bridges are renamed!
■ A bit more things there in Works Quarter.
▶ It looks like there's a completely new countryside part at the left side of the map!! Shocked Really interesting!!
▶ It looks like the tram get a new route near "Sailery's Bar"! Shocked
▶ The old "Winslet Ave" terminus are replaced with a completely new terminus nex to the "Central Rail Station"! Shocked

This is it for now. What are you opinions?
Mr Robville

255915 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:30 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Judging by those "cul-de-sacs" the dotted lines clearly seem to be various tram lines.
And it does indeed look like they made a tunnel to Oakhill.

www.robville.net
Dujk

572 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:44 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

There is marina at lake fyer and some new compound on east,anyway expect railway station,art gallery,theater,church,history museum and hospital will be partially open this time.
Zsombor

146 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:28 am    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Mafia 1 Remake Vs Original - Map Comparison

1▶ "All locations can be visited freely without story progression." - This is very good!! This way the city can be explored immediately!! Thumbs up (left)
2▶ "More high-rise buildings in city center..." - I don't care. The original version was completely fine for me.
3▶ "Chinatown is more recognizable due to distinctive architecture and new pedestrians." - I thnink the original version was fine, but whatever... Sarcastic
4▶ "Topography of the terrain has changed..." - I hope original locations are still recognizable.
5▶ "New side-alleys & other shortcuts..." - Going from "A" to "B" can be more faster than before! Thumbs up (left)
6▶ "Roads and intersections are wide for smooth turning." - The original was fine for me, but more space can be better, I don't know (yet)...
7▶ "Locations of certain objectives were changed so you don't drive trough same roads repeatedly." - What was wrong with the original locations?! I don't find them repetitive... Thinking
8▶ "Daytime roads are filled with traffic. Nighttime the traffic is minimal & sidewalks deserted." Pretty good!! More realistic!! But I doesn't noticed the "emptiness" in the original version because I installed some mods which gives me more traffic.

What are your opinions?
Dujk

572 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Zsombor wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUGvdrHKJXw
6▶ "Roads and intersections are wide for smooth turning." - The original was fine for me, but more space can be better, I don't know (yet)...

Wide roads means driving will be easy,faster but monotonous.
Feetlebaum

45 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:01 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Looking at the green dotted line, I see that at both ends it has a roundabout. If I had to guess I'd say that this is a route for a bus.
Zsombor

146 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Feetlebaum wrote:
Looking at the green dotted line, I see that at both ends it has a roundabout. If I had to guess I'd say that this is a route for a bus.
Or a trolley? That dotted line is clearly there, but we doesn't saw any "bus" models or anything about it yet. Cautious

Dujk wrote:
Wide roads means driving will be easy,faster but monotonous.
Look, if the traffic is more intensive (than in the original version), more space can be better, for example, in a "car chase" situation (with police or gangsters). Smirking
madmaxgamer

79 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:00 am    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

I agree that wide roads isn't really a good thing. It just means Hangar13 wants fast bombastic chases where nothing slows you down. If this doesnt give you an idea that this isn't your slow-burning Mafia 1, i don't know what will. If they made the roads so you can corner faster, that means most of the cars are going to be rockets.
Secondly, they didn't make them wider to fit in more traffic. The problem was always that the game can't run all that traffic, not the roads. They again, just want you to have more space to maneuver at insane speeds, cause faster is better, "amirite guyzz ?!" /s.
LeroyPeterson

3062 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:15 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

I'm legitimately amazed they followed the original map so closely.
This is certainly an aspect I can get excited about.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 1 Game All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 8 of 15

Jump to: