FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mnich

Site Staff
Site Staff

47073 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:26 am    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

First gameplay is out with some bonus scenes.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ng6Gc1Vn6g&t

Give me your thoughts.

AsaSK wrote:
I thought there was something strange about naughtyboy (Cole Phelps).. apart from the fact that his username sounds very gay.
Dujk

572 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:41 am    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Enemy ai just horrible,look how they running straight to Tommy at the barn,no one hiding on corners or try to ambush and regenerative healthbar means you won't die if wait long enough, leaves no real intensity or excitement at shootouts.

Last edited by Dujk on Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Zsombor

146 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:15 am    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Looks good! Smile But the old % health display was better than this new health bar, I think (and the old one doesn't slowly regenerate itself as this bad thing does). Does the old version display what the player need to do? Because this feels like the player "always" handled as a complete beginner.
Any info about any "Freeride" mode? Because that would be great if the player can freely explore the great new form of the city. Sarcastic
madmaxgamer

79 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:22 am    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Its arcadey as hell. Mini maps, floating markers, generic shooting arenas, hud is minimalistic and modern.Had to put pointelss chores like the colectibles to ruin the heavy mood while you go find dumb things that pull you out of it. Third person camera si the over the shoulder bullshit(some people like it i guess). And, worst of all... that car camera... THAT DAMN DRIVING CAMERA. No wonder they didn't show much driving. That scene at the end with the race gives it away. When the red car corners, camera slides in the opposite direction. Basically Mafia 3 type of camera. We are screwed. Aside from the graphics and visual updates, i see nothing good.

Last edited by madmaxgamer on Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Dujk

572 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

madmaxgamer wrote:
Its arcadey as hell. Mini maps, floating markets, generic shooting arenas, hud is minimalistic and modern.Had to put pointelss chores like the colectibles to ruin the heavy mood while you go find dumb things that pull you out of it..

How about cheapest trick to wipeout perimeter,"the red barrels" really?(all set for beginners enjoyment),goin all arcade accomplished.
lostinmafia_heavenMS

224 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:09 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Seems like a lot of the same traits that bugged Mafia 3 carried over..

Disappointing to say the least, but not surprised. Most of it is dumbed down, nothing jumps out as impressive, and in classic fashion Haden Blackman saying one thing, while the gameplay clearly speaks the opposite, not the way Mafia should be remembered at all.

Expect nothing to change and this is what we'll get. Halt
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1340 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:29 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

I liked it in general but gosh, I found the voice acting so cringeworthy... I don't know if it's the timbres of these voices of what, but at some points the characters sounded almost obnoxious.
PtyIersworId

150 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:01 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Disappointing. Where to even begin with this one?

- It looks like they just built the remake of Mafia I on Mafia 3's engine, and made very few changes to it other than changing the look of the U.I.
- Tommy isn't supposed to be a soldier well trained in combat, yet he moves exactly as Lincoln Clay does in Mafia 3.
- He reloads a Colt 1911 in less than a second, even though in the original, he kind of fumbles around with the gun and takes his time reloading.
- Also, you don't lose the unspent ammo in each magazine when you reload as you do in the original.
- Sleek, modern, and minimalist U.I. that looks completely out of place in a game set in the 1930s that shows you exactly where every enemy and collectible is at all times.
- Objective markers that hold your hand all the time, telling you exactly where you need to go, not allowing any time for the player to figure things out for themselves.
- Realistic vehicle handling replaced with the spindly, action movie paced driving from Mafia III (my worst fear going into this).
- All the characters in this look like Claymation puppets, making the game look more dated than Mafia 2, a game that is 10 years old now.
- Cover based shooting for a game that didn't originally have it and relied on strategy and the level design to make progress.
- Everything is a lot faster paced now. The gunplay, the driving, the player movement.
- Suspenseful car chase with Mafioso's replaced by an over the top chase scene with police cars and an ARMORED TRUCK. Why?!

I guess I was foolish to ever trust Hangar 13. I will wait and see how the rest of the game looks, but right now it's not looking too good.
Zsombor

146 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:00 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

*sigh* PtyIersworId summarized this nicely.
- The "out of place UI": in the original game the minimap only there when the player is driving, and also the UI is too minimal for an "1930's world". Halt
- The reloading of guns was more realistic in the original game. I think "keeping the ammo when reloading" can be useful, so that's not a bad thing. Sarcastic
- I hope the "objective markers" can be switched off in the settings, because that take away the challenge from the player and handles it as a "young complete beginner"! Halt
- The original game doesn't rely on hiding behind objects like this new thing. No no no...don't do that! I hope other missions doesn't as "cover based" as this "farm mission".
So far no info about anything else. Freeride?! Tutorial mode?! These would be great... Sarcastic
Mnich

Site Staff
Site Staff

47073 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Zsombor wrote:
So far no info about anything else. Freeride?! Tutorial mode?! These would be great... Sarcastic

Freeride and Tutorial are both confirmed to appear in the Definitive Edition. You can read about it in the new interview with Haden Blackman.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/mafia-definitive-edition-reworks-the-original-game/1100-6480008/

AsaSK wrote:
I thought there was something strange about naughtyboy (Cole Phelps).. apart from the fact that his username sounds very gay.
n0ughty_b0y

45 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:48 am    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

some things I noticed

what's going on in your signature Mnich?
you guys been talking about me for some reason?
Zsombor

146 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Mnich wrote:
Freeride and Tutorial are both confirmed to appear in the Definitive Edition. You can read about it in the new interview with Haden Blackman.
That's great!! Thumbs up (left) It would be so great to freely explore the new realistic form of Lost Heaven!! I hope it doesn't needs to be unlocked via playing the story mode first (like in the original game, except "City small")...
Dujk

572 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

n0ughty_b0y wrote:
some things I noticed

Well,i'll watch couple of more gameplay after release and if they insist on same,
won't pay a cent for this treatment to mafia.
Mnich

Site Staff
Site Staff

47073 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

n0ughty_b0y wrote:
what's going on in your signature Mnich?
you guys been talking about me for some reason?

Yeaah, well this is not the place to discuss this but a long story short - we had this user named "naughtyboy", he was an admin on mafiascene.net, our clone site, where he was known as Cole Phelps. Let's just say he was not a very friendly fella. So if you're not him then move on. Wink

Going back to the topic. I don't want to give any of you a false hope, but it was confirmed by one of the devs from Hangar13 on the Facebook, that this gameplay footage was from the old build (a few months old), so I guess we can expect some changes in gameplay with new animations, etc.

I think it would be kinda stupid for Haden Blackman to say that Tommy will not be moving like a trained soldier (Lincoln), but we literally saw him doing that. I say - let's wait for another gameplay, this time from the new build and we will see if the animations shown here were a placeholders or not.

Just look at this comparison.

The first one is from the gameplay, while the second is from the trailer.

AsaSK wrote:
LeroyPeterson

3062 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:37 am    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

I'm not as harsh about it as you guys, i expected most of the Mafia 3 similarities.

All I'll say is that the cinematics look fantastic. I'm warming up to the character designs, and I think the facial expressions/lip synch looks better than previous footage.

The combat gameplay could be improved slightly from just:
- removing bullet tracers
- give the thompson some damn recoil
- slowing down gun reloads
- animating throwables slowly and properly
- reduce the HUD or least allow it to be partially disabled (**** those objective markers and "points of interest).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 1 Game All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 7 of 15

Jump to: