FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

WidescreenFix's draw distance increase leads to crash

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NFC94

7 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:00 pm    Post subject: WidescreenFix's draw distance increase leads to crash Reply with quote

First of all, I have the Steam version of the game and I'm playing on Windows 7 64bit.

I'm playing Free Ride mode, and when I have WidescreenFix's draw distance increase enabled in its default setting (600) the game crashes after certain amount of time. It always happens when I'm moving from a neighbourhood to another. I've tried with the option disabled and the game runs fine with the vanilla draw distance. I've seen in many places people suggesting to increase this option to very high numbers (I've seen as high as 4800). Is it actually possible to have the draw distance set up to such a high number without the game crashing frequently? Are the "Skip Min Distance" and "Skip Max Distance" values possibly related to this?
Honza_B

1594 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:36 pm    Post subject: WidescreenFix's draw distance increase leads to crash Reply with quote

Don’t know about the values, but as far as I remember, the crashing is simply due to the engine not handling the load and becoming unstable. The better rig you have, the more stable it is. This wrapper thingy should do the trick (aside from solving the crashes, you should also get better performance):
Code:
http://www.dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo2/dgVoodoo2.html
Play with the settings, the watermark can be disabled.
Hunter

2335 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:37 am    Post subject: Re: WidescreenFix's draw distance increase leads to crash Reply with quote

Honza_B wrote:
Code:
http://www.dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo2/dgVoodoo2.html
Play with the settings, the watermark can be disabled.

A Glide wrapper improves Mafia's performance? Laughing
Does it display transparent windows correctly? No 32 bit color??
Honza_B

1594 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: WidescreenFix's draw distance increase leads to crash Reply with quote

Hunter wrote:
A Glide wrapper improves Mafia's performance? Laughing
Does it display transparent windows correctly? No 32 bit color??

It’s a DirectX wrapper too. I don’t know what you mean by "no 32 bit color," (maybe it’s some internal joke from an age I haven’t lived in) but for me, there are no problems. Alpha channels definitely work fine. Also, it allowed me to use vsync properly in the game on W10 with a nvidia card (did not work in the game settings, nor nvidia control panel).
Hunter

2335 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: WidescreenFix's draw distance increase leads to crash Reply with quote

Honza_B wrote:

I don’t know what you mean by "no 32 bit color,"

A property of Glide. Cautious
NFC94

7 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:42 pm    Post subject: WidescreenFix's draw distance increase leads to crash Reply with quote

Ok, I tried using dgVoodoo2 with Mafia but I can't get it to work more than once. The first time it works, but the second time I get a black screen when I load any savegame, no matter which settings I have in dgVoodoo2.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mod Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: