FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

How to add usable weapon into a mission? SOLVED

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjakub88

131 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:55 pm    Post subject: How to add usable weapon into a mission? SOLVED Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

i would like to add usable baseball bat weapon to the Mission 17 - Prison.

How can I do this?

I added a baseball bat model using Mafia World Editor, but the player wasn't able to take it and use as a weapon. Maybe i need to add a specific script for that?

It certainly could be done in the game, because in few missions we are able to pick up various weapons and use them in combat (like knive in the Hotel Corleone, Thompson 1928 in Clark's Motel, etc).

Last edited by pjakub88 on Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Frog_808

35 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:43 am    Post subject: How to add usable weapon into a mission? Reply with quote

Hello, it's very easy.
You need DC ED 2 Editor for this. Open the mission\scene2 and click on "add object". Then select Object Defintions\Script in the window and name the script exactly like the object you created in the MWE.

Now check whether there is an object of the same name for your created object definitions. (right click on your script in the left tree and "Switch to Object"; it must switch to the Object!) if so, your path works.

Now open your script and enter the following (for a weapon that disappears when you pick it up):
findframe 0, "NAME OF YOUR BASEBALLBAT IN MWE"
createweaponfromframe 0,4,0,0
end

If you want to pick up many weapons on the object, write:

dim_act 1
dim_flt 1
findactor 0, "Tommy"

label a
detector_waitforuse

human_addweapon 0,4,0,0

goto a

You could also include commands so it's not free, as well as console_addtext, but as I wrote it is the simplest.

If you have any questions or something doesn't work, just ask.

(It would be very helpful for you if you download the mafia "Script and data reference"!, there you can find all commands)
pjakub88

131 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: How to add usable weapon into a mission? Reply with quote

Frog_808 wrote:
Hello, it's very easy.
You need DC ED 2 Editor for this. Open the mission\scene2 and click on "add object". Then select Object Defintions\Script in the window and name the script exactly like the object you created in the MWE.

Now check whether there is an object of the same name for your created object definitions. (right click on your script in the left tree and "Switch to Object"; it must switch to the Object!) if so, your path works.

Now open your script and enter the following (for a weapon that disappears when you pick it up):
findframe 0, "NAME OF YOUR BASEBALLBAT IN MWE"
createweaponfromframe 0,4,0,0
end

If you want to pick up many weapons on the object, write:

dim_act 1
dim_flt 1
findactor 0, "Tommy"

label a
detector_waitforuse

human_addweapon 0,4,0,0

goto a

You could also include commands so it's not free, as well as console_addtext, but as I wrote it is the simplest.

If you have any questions or something doesn't work, just ask.

(It would be very helpful for you if you download the mafia "Script and data reference"!, there you can find all commands)

It works now! Thanks a lot for help Frog_808!

Looks like i was really close to figure out the problem myself, but i missed some lines in my script...

I already downloaded the Script and data reference document - very usefull info for scripting. I also have the "Mafia Script Helper 2" program.
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

278002 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:23 pm    Post subject: How to add usable weapon into a mission? SOLVED Reply with quote

I see this request has been solved so
I will lock this for now.

Should you need to add anything please
PM either myself or Mnich.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: