FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

Converting a Gta SA car mod to Mafia 1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pedro_fm

7 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:02 pm    Post subject: Converting a Gta SA car mod to Mafia 1 Reply with quote

Hi everyone. I´d like to ask if there is the possibility to convert a car mod from Gta San Andreas, and bring it to Mafia 1, which in my opinion would be more fun to play in this platform (I´ve always been a Mafia 1 player) Laughing

The car in question is the 2017 Lincoln Continental, and I´ve found that there is a mod out there made by Tort228Loooool here´s the link to the download site: https://www.gtaall.net/gta-san-andreas/cars/120928-lincoln-continental.html

The car in my humble opinion looks amazing (not only in game but in real life) and it would be a nice addition to the car mod download section if only I could figure how to make it from .dff/.txd format to .4ds with its featured textures. I´ve been reading about the subject in this forum, and had started to use Zmodeler 1.07b and 2.26, a txd extractor for the textures and had managed to convert it from .dff to z3d with some of the textures, but I can´t figure out how to make the the collision zones, openable doors, how to make the front wheels turn and so on, the so called in game features of the car.

If someone here likes the car and knows how to make it into Mafia, I´d appreciate any modder help here that could make the conversion (only if this task is easy enough to do for a modder and it´s not time consuming, of course) or at least give some advice. I will continue reading the threads in this site about modding into Mafia and see if I finally manage to convert it, and then I will also share it to be posted in the download section if anyone likes it and wants to check it out .

PD: I want to state clear that this model was made entirely by Tort228Loooool and give full credit to him for his work. I´ve tried to contact him to seek his permisson to convert his mod, but I haven´t found any email or website to do so. Thinking
huckleberrypie

351 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:31 am    Post subject: Re: Converting a Gta SA car mod to Mafia 1 Reply with quote

Pedro_fm wrote:
Hi everyone. I´d like to ask if there is the possibility to convert a car mod from Gta San Andreas, and bring it to Mafia 1, which in my opinion would be more fun to play in this platform (I´ve always been a Mafia 1 player) Laughing

*snip*

There's a 3DS Max plugin by pudingus which allows you to export stuff into 4DS files. I haven't tried converting a car using it yet but I was able to do a weapon mod using the Mr. F script it was originally based on.
Pedro_fm

7 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:06 am    Post subject: Converting a Gta SA car mod to Mafia 1 Reply with quote

Thank you Huckleberrypie, I didn´t knew that there was another program apart from Zmodeler 1.07b to edit .4ds files. I will give it a try and post any progress later.
huckleberrypie

351 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: Converting a Gta SA car mod to Mafia 1 Reply with quote

Pedro_fm wrote:
Thank you Huckleberrypie, I didn´t knew that there was another program apart from Zmodeler 1.07b to edit .4ds files. I will give it a try and post any progress later.

You're welcome! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: