FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

Which tool i need to edit the default Mafia missions? SOLVED

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Tools
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjakub88

131 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:38 pm    Post subject: Which tool i need to edit the default Mafia missions? SOLVED Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

could you recommend me a tool, which i need to use to edit the default Mafia missions? There are few available and i don't know which to choose. I am a bit confused to be honest.

I would like to edit enemies behavior. For example in mission "Just for relaxation" one of the guards in the warehouse notices us climbing the stairs even when we crouched. He says that we are not allowed to be in that place and if we don't leave quick enough he will start to shoot.

Thanks in advance for help!

Best wishes

Jakub

Last edited by pjakub88 on Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
ASM.

Mafiascene Veteran Modder
Mafiascene Veteran Modder

651 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:28 pm    Post subject: Which tool i need to edit the default Mafia missions? Reply with quote

The Mafia tool ecosystem is pretty fragmented with a lots of tools around designed for one specific purpose.

For editing NPC properties you could probably give BozSceneTreeEditor a try which djbozkosz released a few days ago.

Alternatively you could also use DC||ED (or maybe BSV?). Note however that DC||ED is a crashy beast that loves to eat mission files so be sure to backup your work often. From what I know it's generally recommended to quit DC||ED and reopen the mission in a new instance after each save operation to mitigate that.
pjakub88

131 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: Which tool i need to edit the default Mafia missions? Reply with quote

ASM. wrote:
The Mafia tool ecosystem is pretty fragmented with a lots of tools around designed for one specific purpose.

For editing NPC properties you could probably give BozSceneTreeEditor a try which djbozkosz released a few days ago.

Alternatively you could also use DC||ED (or maybe BSV?). Note however that DC||ED is a crashy beast that loves to eat mission files so be sure to backup your work often. From what I know it's generally recommended to quit DC||ED and reopen the mission in a new instance after each save operation to mitigate that.

I used DCED2 to remove a script that made the guard noticed us coming upstairs. It is a bit unstable software, but easy to use.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Tools All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: