FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

278044 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:37 am    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

One of my concerns is that I sincerely hope 2K and Hangar13 don't
take advantage with this remake of Mafia CoLH by making (if they
do indeed include them) FREERIDE and FREERIDE EXTREME into
DLCs that have to be paid for on top of what they charge for
Mafia CoLH: Definitive Edition... hmmm! Thinking

Last edited by Muggy on Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Neutral

Mafiascene Veteran Modder
Mafiascene Veteran Modder

308 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:20 am    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Hello guys!
I'm increasingly worried Shocked
A closer look at the pictures revealed that there are no tram rails on the street in front of the Salieri bar, but I don’t see any rails or overhead lines in any of the pictures. There is also no trace of the overhead tram.
Maybe mafia3 engine will not support tram travel in the CoLH Definitive Edition? (how will the bank robbery be?)
Unfortunately, we can be sure of the DLCs purchase system in today’s game world. Sad
AMadeMan

544 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Neutral wrote:
Hello guys!
I'm increasingly worried Shocked
A closer look at the pictures revealed that there are no tram rails on the street in front of the Salieri bar, but I don’t see any rails or overhead lines in any of the pictures. There is also no trace of the overhead tram.
Maybe mafia3 engine will not support tram travel in the CoLH Definitive Edition? (how will the bank robbery be?)
Unfortunately, we can be sure of the DLCs purchase system in today’s game world. Sad

That is worrying. The tram system wasn't there to be just a bonus interaction. It was an integral part of some of the missions in the game. I hope they also don't leave out the interactions in levels like the wine glass in Happy Birthday or the powerbox in Visiting Rich People.
Feetlebaum

45 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:22 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Good critical eye Neutral. That is indeed worrying. The lack of streetcars and El trains really takes away from gameplay and sense of world. It's remarkable that Mafia 2 & 3 had plans for transit systems that were cut (from evidence of tracks and stations), yet this "faithful" remake so far appears not to have any such plans.

Wishful thinking leads me to wonder if we don't see any trams because of possible changes in the level design. We might see more from the PC Gaming Show announcement on June 6th.
Kaminsky

171 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:59 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

More like June 13th

After the demonstrations...

https://www.pcgamer.com/pc-gaming-show-postponed-to-june-13/
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

278044 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:53 am    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

According to mafiagame.com
The Definitive Edition of Mafia City of Lost Heaven is not going to
be a straight port of the original 2002 game for modern platforms.

Quote:
Rather than a straight port of the original Mafia to modern platforms, Mafia: Definitive Edition is a faithful remake that enhances the 2002 classic in every way, delivering an experience that's even better than you remember. The beautiful presentation, with stunning visuals that are 4K/HDR-ready and a sweeping soundscape featuring an original score, breathe new life into this vision of organized crime in 1930s America. Lifelike cutscenes present Mafia's narrative like never before, with Tommy's gripping story faithfully captured and expanded to give insights into characters we only got to glimpse in the original game. And the immersive gameplay has been updated to entertain newcomers and old-school fans alike, with added features like a larger Lost Heaven to explore, motorcycles introduced as a new vehicle type, collectibles to seek out, and much more.

Last edited by Muggy on Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
lostinmafia_heavenMS

224 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:38 am    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

How does one obtain a physical copy of DE on PC?
Feetlebaum

45 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:52 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

I don't think you can.

There is no way to pre-order a physical copy of Mafia: Definitive Edition for PC. It looks like it's limited to digital only. Unless however, you buy the Mafia: Trilogy edition, which is limited to "selected EMEA countries and Asian territories."

So, if you want to be on PC and have a physical game, you need to [not live in America and] buy all three Mafia games in the Trilogy edition. Somebody can tell me if I'm wrong.
Duelist

302 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:31 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

AMadeMan

544 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:57 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION COMING SOON Reply with quote

we missed you very much Duelist! Glad you're back Very happy
lostinmafia_heavenMS

224 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:16 am    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Reminder to tune in twitter Mafia

TWITCH
Dujk

572 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:47 am    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

Tommy looks like irish Laughing
nesquik

68 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:59 am    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

By the way, If I understand right we're going to see the first real m1r gameplay tonight here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jXwPnDpMD4 Is it true?!

Ps. in my opinionTommy looks like Russian Shocked
Dujk

572 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

nesquik wrote:
By the way, If I understand right we're going to see the first real m1r gameplay tonight here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jXwPnDpMD4 Is it true?!

Ps. in my opinionTommy looks like Russian Shocked

Yes and imo Paulie looks like egyptian,way to go Hanger13 Laughing
nesquik

68 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:44 pm    Post subject: Mafia : City of Lost Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION Reply with quote

I disappointed, to be honest cause their faces aren't similar to origin at all :(anybody knows is Hangar planning to release some demo before the full game?!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 1 Game All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 4 of 15

Jump to: