FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

Mafia 2 Remaster

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AMadeMan

506 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 5:26 pm    Post subject: Mafia 2 Remaster Reply with quote

It seems like its just a graphical upgrade. I didn't see anywhere it terms of newly added content or even restored cut content from the original.

Thoughts and opinions?
zdenda55

40 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia 2 Remaster Reply with quote

I read that final game has 40 gb. I don't think that graphics are that big so maybe there gonna be some cut contet. Thinking Thinking
AMadeMan

506 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 6:55 pm    Post subject: Mafia 2 Remaster Reply with quote

Turns out absolutely nothing at all was added. Damn you Take 2.
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

278014 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia 2 Remaster Reply with quote

zdenda55 wrote:
I read that final game has 40 gb. I don't think that graphics are that big so maybe there gonna be some cut content. Thinking Thinking

I have to agree, the so called Def Ed is not much different in graphics
than the classic version of Mafia II. There is no option to turn on PhysX
and unlike the original there is no *car horn.

Also what happened to Jimmy's Vendetta and Joe's Adventures?

OK! The DLCs are there in Additional Content plus an extra one
Jimmy's Betrayal. Embarassed

*I found it, apparently it is the same button you set for
action in keyboard mapping for action.

zdenda55

40 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia 2 Remaster Reply with quote

I read that in some file called settings can be turned on PhysX, but I didn't tried that. Thinking Thinking
donkeymilk

59 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 10:49 pm    Post subject: Mafia 2 Remaster Reply with quote

Well, we weren't really gonna get much for free.
They seem to have just brought all the games up-to-date across the board.

2 and 3 seem to be just promos for the new Mafia 1 which definitely won't be free Smile.

Though Mafia 1 remake will eventually be followed by Mafia 4 ,won't it ?.

It's all good ,i enjoyed all the Mafia games ,pretty much ,even though M3 wasn't quite what i hoped for .
Bumper

21 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 4:33 pm    Post subject: Mafia 2 Remaster Reply with quote

Considering I already owned Mafia 2, I obviously downloaded the Definitive Edition and tested it out.

Amazingly there seems to be absolutely no performance loss from having more detail, in fact it might just run a bit smoother for me. For the most part it also looks better to me, especially in night scenes the lighting seems more realistic. That being said, I kind of miss the toned-down look of the original in daytime scenes. I still wonder if there's really nearly 30gb worth of higher res textures in there, but hey - storage is cheap these days. Thinking

However, at least a few things seem to be broken: Vito's head is sticking through the hat while wearing a suit, something I don't recall happening in the original. Also the trash and clutter on the streets seems to have a weird flickering effect going on. One funny thing is that the police seems to completely ignore my speeding. They do hand out tickets if I run into things, but now matter how fast I blast through the streets, they just don't care. Sarcastic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 2 Game All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: