FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

Problem with UDD... or with MWE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Tools
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrSpudnik

101 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 1:05 pm    Post subject: Problem with UDD... or with MWE Reply with quote

I noticed that the cache.bin file after patching in UDD becomes incapable of further editing in the MWE. When I delete or change the coordinates of objects in the cache.bin file using MWE, so then another objects disappear in the game:

But this happens only with the patched cache.bin file in the UDD. Moreover, these objects are not displayed in the game, if viewed in MWE, then the object is in its place and did not disappear anywhere. Is it somehow treated?

ASM.

Mafiascene Veteran Modder
Mafiascene Veteran Modder

617 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 2:21 pm    Post subject: Problem with UDD... or with MWE Reply with quote

That's probably a defect in Mafia that's triggered by MWE. It was originally found by duelist.

The game appears to be sensitive to the order of the base blocks in cache.bin. MWE does not maintain the original order of these blocks but potentially shuffles them around which triggers the effect you're seeing.

The bug also occurs in the vanilla missions but is less noticeable there. Boot up freeride in Little Italy for example and drive straight to Salieri's Bar. Notice how the labels on the windows (0rek39.i3d) are missing. Now if you take a short ride around Little Italy and return the Salieri's, the labels magically appear.

I think the widescreen mod fixes that.
MrSpudnik

101 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with UDD... or with MWE Reply with quote

ASM. wrote:

The game appears to be sensitive to the order of the base blocks in cache.bin. MWE does not maintain the original order of these blocks but potentially shuffles them around which triggers the effect you're seeing.

I understood. This pushed me a few steps back, but I'm newly editing "cache.bin" in a little complicated way, not in MWE. Although, as I have already noticed, with MWE this problem has not happened until I made a patching in UDD.
MWE the only tool that can add objects (copy method) to "cache.bin" file.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Tools All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: