FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

View Distance Changing Tutorial

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Modding Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrSpudnik

78 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:50 pm    Post subject: View Distance Changing Tutorial Reply with quote

Original Tutorial

English Translation

Hunter

2279 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:06 pm    Post subject: View Distance Changing Tutorial Reply with quote

Interesting information about fog. Now if someone would just fix up the missions like this. Sticking out tongue

I know, I know, why don't I do it; because, I don't want to spend weeks or months doing this. For myself. Who knows how many mlha objects are scattered around; dozens I am sure.

Also you have to consider performance. I do at least. "Ideal" quality and the ideal balance of performance and quality, especially on night missions differ. I probably shouldn't say anything though, my computer's old now. Sad
MrSpudnik

78 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: View Distance Changing Tutorial Reply with quote

Hunter wrote:
I know, I know, why don't I do it; because, I don't want to spend weeks or months doing this. For myself. Who knows how many mlha objects are scattered around; dozens I am sure.

For each mission there is only one fog object, it refers Primary sector. He controls the entire location space (more precisely, everything related to the Primary sector). It works by simply following in front of the player’s camera when it is in the main Primary sector.

Hunter wrote:
Also you have to consider performance. I do at least. "Ideal" quality and the ideal balance of performance and quality, especially on night missions differ. I probably shouldn't say anything though, my computer's old now. Sad

Yes, this will affect performance, but you can always reduce the visibility range by default settings of the game.

Hunter

2279 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:57 am    Post subject: View Distance Changing Tutorial Reply with quote

Good to know. Maybe I will do it one day then. Don't hold your breath. Sticking out tongue
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Modding Tutorials All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: