FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

Forgetting how to steal a car

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mammix

3427 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:41 pm    Post subject: Forgetting how to steal a car Reply with quote

Hello again,
for the needs of my mod, in one of the earlier missions, you learn how to steal Bolt Ace. But now, in one of the last missions to date, I want the player not to be able to enter any of Bolts driving around town.
Is there any way how to make the player not to be able to steal a Bolt Ace again?
Thanks!
ASM.

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

653 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:08 am    Post subject: Forgetting how to steal a car Reply with quote

Have you already toyed around with the garage_enablesteal command?
mammix

3427 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:26 pm    Post subject: Forgetting how to steal a car Reply with quote

Yeah, I put it in some older mission so you can steal the car, and now it progresses through the rest of the missions.
i also tried to load the differences from mafia's first mission, but you still can steal the Bolt.
ASM.

653 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:54 pm    Post subject: Forgetting how to steal a car Reply with quote

I see. Thinking

One option that comes to mind then is to add a second version of the Bolt Ace by copying the original models, registering them as new cars in tables/vehicles.bin and then adding the corresponding models to your mission's traffic actor model list. If you want to make these Bolts stealable at some point in your mission again, you'll probably also have to register the new models in tables/carindex.def which I suspect contains the category map used by garage_enablesteal.
CurtisTea

7524 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:32 pm    Post subject: Forgetting how to steal a car Reply with quote

Are these two different missions? Because it matters.
There's a a line "freeride_traffsetup" (used in Init scripts in Freeride) - it allows you to steal the cars that are unlocked at the moment. But you might notice that Freeride Extreme doesn't have this line, it has "garage_enablesteal" lines for every model instead (so you can steal ALL the cars). So this option can work in your case.
Though I haven't checked if unlocking a particular model affects all the older models (e.g.: unlocking Model A might also unlock Bolt Ace). You should check it yourself.
ASM.

653 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Forgetting how to steal a car Reply with quote

CurtisTea wrote:

There's a a line "freeride_traffsetup" (used in Init scripts in Freeride) - it allows you to steal the cars that are unlocked at the moment.

Hm I don't think this is correct. AFAIK freeride_traffsetup scales the density value of the mission's traffic actor by the traffic density configured in the freeride menu. Thinking
CurtisTea

7524 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:39 am    Post subject: Forgetting how to steal a car Reply with quote

Well, I've just checked it one more time in Freeride... and we both are right Very happy
Indeed, without freeride_traffsetup line in Freeride the traffic density will be at its default level no matter how you scale it in the main menu (I didn't know that, thanks). But it also works the way I described before: if you delete this line you won't be able to get into any of the traffic cars (as if you "don't know how to steal it yet"); you can get only into active cars: your own, mafian cars (I didn't check police cars but I'm sure it works too). That's how it is done in Extreme, where your ability to steal every car is set by garage_enablesteal lines for every single model. That's why I think it might work for modding.

The strange thing is that I've just checked mission mise20-mesto too (where you are surely able to steal the majority of ingame cars) - it has no freeride_traffsetup neither garage_enablesteal lines. And now I have no idea how it works in the main missions. Any thoughs?
ASM.

653 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Forgetting how to steal a car Reply with quote

CurtisTea wrote:
Well, I've just checked it one more time in Freeride... and we both are right Very happy
Indeed, without freeride_traffsetup line in Freeride the traffic density will be at its default level no matter how you scale it in the main menu (I didn't know that, thanks). But it also works the way I described before: if you delete this line you won't be able to get into any of the traffic cars (as if you "don't know how to steal it yet"); you can get only into active cars: your own, mafian cars (I didn't check police cars but I'm sure it works too). That's how it is done in Extreme, where your ability to steal every car is set by garage_enablesteal lines for every single model. That's why I think it might work for modding.

Ah ok, I see. Thanks for the heads up.

CurtisTea wrote:

The strange thing is that I've just checked mission mise20-mesto too (where you are surely able to steal the majority of ingame cars) - it has no freeride_traffsetup neither garage_enablesteal lines. And now I have no idea how it works in the main missions. Any thoughs?

I guess the game stores what car models have been unlocked so far in the mission savegames. In case of freeride, freeride_traffsetup probably queries the current progress from the profile. Thinking
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: