FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

Models problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
addx_2015

713 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:23 am    Post subject: Models problem Reply with quote

Does anyone knows why this is happening?
1: http://www.mediafire.com/view/e1t10httj1gv2w6/Game_2019-12-06_23-12-34-76.bmp/file
http://www.mediafire.com/view/ersegi8to22kmuh/Game_2019-12-04_17-25-24-23.bmp/file
http://www.mediafire.com/view/92em24p1sbmd5w4/Game_2019-12-01_22-48-46-83.bmp/file

I made few buildings and the problem is when you are a few meters away it start to fade like in pictures above, when I'm near it start to show as it should.

and second

I'm trying to open new routes between buildings ,but there are parts of the map that if you go through, your car and everything around disappear for moment .

2: http://www.mediafire.com/view/onrygi7i3lx2jd9/Game_2019-12-06_23-15-41-35.bmp/file
http://www.mediafire.com/view/dt55oafvozylm35/Game_2019-12-06_23-15-42-94.bmp/file

Impossible
ASM.

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

529 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Models problem Reply with quote

addx_2015 wrote:

I made few buildings and the problem is when you are a few meters away it start to fade like in pictures above, when I'm near it start to show as it should.

I think you need to increase the models' LOD distances.

addx_2015 wrote:

and second

I'm trying to open new routes between buildings ,but there are parts of the map that if you go through, your car and everything around disappear for moment .

This is most likely due to occluders. Occluders are basically simple meshes used to cull everything fully occluded by them from the current point of view. To fix the culling errors, you need to delete the offending occluders. However I'm not aware of a tool for occluder visualization which makes them difficult to find.

One option is to completely purge all occluders in the mission. This is a quite workable solution as modern'ish machines can handle the resulting increased rendering workload well.

Alternatively you could filter the frame list in MWE to only show occluders (by enabling the Type filter and setting it to Occluder), walk the resulting list, use Jump To to teleport to the occluder's position and check whether this puts you near the affected location. The problem with that approach is that the mesto/freeride missions have quite a bunch of them (~250) so it might be bit of a chore.
addx_2015

713 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:40 pm    Post subject: Models problem Reply with quote

How can i increase the models' LOD distances? If you don't mind......
ASM.

529 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:41 pm    Post subject: Models problem Reply with quote

I think Boz' 4ds Manager allows you to edit the render distances for the individual LOD levels of mesh objects. Thinking You can find it in the Downloads section.
addx_2015

713 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:20 am    Post subject: Models problem Reply with quote

A small tutorial about how to do this as well ? Whistling
ASM.

529 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:26 am    Post subject: Models problem Reply with quote

I haven't personally used it yet so I'm not sure to be honest. Going by the screenshot in the downloads section I guess you need to open the model and then activate the Objects tab. It probably lists all frames in the model and lets you edit the draw distance for the individual LOD levels of I3D_object (and more derived) frames. Thinking
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: