FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

Mafia pre-release screenshots (over 400 screenshots!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AMadeMan

456 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:26 am    Post subject: Mafia pre-release screenshots (~400 screenshots!) Reply with quote

Thanks a bunch man! We must preserve these as best as we can.
daviunic

66 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:05 am    Post subject: Mafia pre-release screenshots (~400 screenshots!) Reply with quote

I've done some more searching but it seems I've hit the ceiling for now. :/ I know some are still missing since I've previously only found thumbnails of them, but in case anyone thinks they found any new ones, feel free to post them here on contact me and they can be added into the collection.
Illusion_Insanity

14 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:21 pm    Post subject: Mafia pre-release screenshots (~400 screenshots!) Reply with quote

My collection beta screenshots and videos Cool shades

Part 1
http://mafiapub.do.am/index/beta-versija-mafija-1/0-22
Part 2
http://mafiapub.do.am/dir/
Part 3
http://mafiapub.do.am/gb/
Part 4
http://mafiapub.do.am/index/oboi-sketchi-mafija-1/0-21
flovivi

301 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:18 pm    Post subject: Mafia pre-release screenshots (~400 screenshots!) Reply with quote

The progress that they made within just one year from clumsy low poly characters and low res textures to what we finally got is amazing. Cant believe that in a few years this game is 20 years old. And I still occasionally play some of my favorite missions from time to time. That nostalgia. Priceless.

Thank you very much for sharing these screenshots!
Illusion_Insanity

14 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:56 pm    Post subject: Mafia pre-release screenshots (~400 screenshots!) Reply with quote

I found some "new" screenshots from 2001

ASM.

Mafiascene Veteran Modder
Mafiascene Veteran Modder

463 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:37 pm    Post subject: Mafia pre-release screenshots (~400 screenshots!) Reply with quote

Cool, another editor screenshot. Nice find! Thumbs up (left)
AMadeMan

456 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:43 pm    Post subject: Mafia pre-release screenshots (~400 screenshots!) Reply with quote

Very nice find! Its cool to return to Mafia's development to see how far things came.
daviunic

66 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:58 pm    Post subject: Mafia pre-release screenshots (~400 screenshots!) Reply with quote

Cool stuff, added to the site. Smile
daviunic

66 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:27 pm    Post subject: Mafia pre-release screenshots (over 400 screenshots!) Reply with quote

Here's a couple new ones I found recently:

Outside Prosecutor's vila at night.

Proto-Tommy in Works quarter, it seems. Notice the Manta prototype car on the right.

Black Schubert Extra Six (is this color still in the final? I forgot) in Little Italy?

This is probably between beta and final. Notice it's missing the transmission type and speed unit indicators on the vehicle HUD. Also green cars on the radar instead of white, like in the beta.

And this is probably an actual beta screenshot. Green cars on the radar, different compass arrow, same speedometer differences as above, and looks like a different trunk texture for the Falconer Taxi.

Sadly this one's only a thumbnail (for now), but you can see the light green Schubert Extra Six and the old HUD.

I've also replaced a few screens with better versions and removed a couple duplicates. And a while ago I also added all the trailers/pre-release videos I could find. Smile
daviunic

66 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:14 am    Post subject: Mafia pre-release screenshots (over 400 screenshots!) Reply with quote

Made some more changes:
* new screens added
* some screens replaced
* some duplicates removed
* renamed many screens so the date they were first published is known
* added more videos

Obviously some screens are from alpha or earlier, but were only published in 2002 (according to what I could find anyway), when they were already outdated. But regardless, it gives us an approximate time frame of the screens.

April and May 2000 were the initial announcement screens (possibly from E3 2000 as well), September 2000 is likely from ECTS 2000, May 2001 is obviously E3 build or related, November 2001 is Alpha related, February-March 2002 is Beta related, then June and later 2002 are pre-final.
Hunter

2229 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:41 am    Post subject: Mafia pre-release screenshots (over 400 screenshots!) Reply with quote

I notice these cars have 0 miles on them! (Not randomized)

Funny little detail they took care of. There's so many games that don't give a damn about something like an odometer, but good old MAFIA has it covered.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 1 Game All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: