FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

Lag and judder

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AsaSK

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

13745 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:56 pm    Post subject: Lag and judder Reply with quote

Hi all,

I've noticed in Mafia recently there's this lag that happens every 1 second on the menu screen that makes the camera judder. Performance demand is fine in windows and there's no FPS lag. Anyone ever come across this? Thinking

The official Mafioso Mod thread
Hunter

2250 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:13 am    Post subject: Lag and judder Reply with quote

Yes. But I have no solution.
AsaSK

13745 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:22 pm    Post subject: Lag and judder Reply with quote

I'm just so sick of it Sad

ASM.

497 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:48 pm    Post subject: Lag and judder Reply with quote

I haven't experienced that personally yet. The only thing I've noticed so far is omnipresent microstuttering which is however only really noticeable if one focuses a moving point on screen.

Have you tried running the game in windowed mode or otherwise played around with the graphics settings?

Also, just for the record, does this only happen in 00menu?
AsaSK

13745 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Lag and judder Reply with quote

ASM. wrote:
The only thing I've noticed so far is omnipresent microstuttering which is however only really noticeable if one focuses a moving point on screen.

I think you're describing exactly what I'm getting. I've tried tweaking every graphical setting including fullscreen and sadly no joy, and no it isn't just the menu - any 'moving' camera (i.e. camera_lock on a moving frame) also produces the error Thinking

AsaSK

13745 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:19 pm    Post subject: Lag and judder Reply with quote

Found the solution! For anyone who has this in future - ENBseries released a Dx8-to-Dx9 converter .DLL, which can be found here. It seems the game running DirectX 8 was causing the lag, possibly because of newer hardware it couldn't keep up with.

(Unfortunately I found this out not before I did a complete reformat/downgrade to a pre-Creators Update version of Win10 Oops!)

ASM.

497 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:53 pm    Post subject: Lag and judder Reply with quote

Good to hear and thanks for the heads up. Thumbs up (left)

I wonder, doesn't Reshade ship with a D3D8 -> D3D9 conversion .dll, too? If so, it would be interesting to know whether this one also fixes the stuttering you've experienced. Thinking

AsaSK wrote:

(Unfortunately I found this out not before I did a complete reformat/downgrade to a pre-Creators Update version of Win10 Oops!)

D'oh! Oops!
ASM.

497 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Lag and judder Reply with quote

ASM. wrote:
I wonder, doesn't Reshade ship with a D3D8 -> D3D9 conversion .dll, too? If so, it would be interesting to know whether this one also fixes the stuttering you've experienced. Thinking

I hope you don't mind me answering my own post but yes, crosire d3d8to9 wrapper also fixes the micro stuttering. I gave it a try recently and now the game runs butter-smooth again. Smirking
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia I Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: