FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

World's first proper custom Mafia character
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Duelist

264 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: World's first proper custom Mafia character Reply with quote

AMadeMan wrote:
This can be very useful for other mods such as the Titanic mod and Real Car Facing.

I thought of proper zombie mod but I don't know if enemies can have different walking/running animations from player.

huckleberrypie wrote:
That video of Tommy spazzing around definitely needs to go along with this song:

Your yt link is not visible unless your post is quoted. I think I fixed it. But yea, song fits Very happy I initially thought about doing something like this;

Other than that I have further fixed normals, there should be no more problems with them I think, I have to test it a bit. I'm rewriting exporting sector part like I mentioned in other topic. And I'm looking into making character rigging easier.
OriginalDan

4 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:05 pm    Post subject: World's first proper custom Mafia character Reply with quote

any chance you could look at getting this tool working with hidden and dangerous 2 animations? there's still an active community even if there's still no ability for new maps yet.
awesome work.
Duelist

264 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject: World's first proper custom Mafia character Reply with quote

Thanks. Adding support for animations would be no problem, but without proper character importer for HD2 it wouldn't look like this in 3D Max. Bones/skeleton would be moving as they should but base model would just move/rotate as static object.
AMadeMan

390 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:55 am    Post subject: World's first proper custom Mafia character Reply with quote

The possibilities with this new knowledge and modding capabilities will be of massive help for Mafia modding. If a modding Bible for this game was made, this should be a part of it.
OriginalDan

4 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:37 am    Post subject: Re: World's first proper custom Mafia character Reply with quote

Duelist wrote:
Thanks. Adding support for animations would be no problem, but without proper character importer for HD2 it wouldn't look like this in 3D Max. Bones/skeleton would be moving as they should but base model would just move/rotate as static object.

ah i didn't see the 2nd page post also asking about hd2, but yeah the 4DS tools 2.1 should be for the characters, no idea if the skinning information is included.
HD2s archives are encripted need to be decripted and decompressed before being able to look at them. I dunno if Mafia is the same in that regard but HD2 does seem to be more locked down in general.
if that 4DS tool doesn't bring in the bindskin info then i doubt HD2 custom characters would ever be cracked until someone really dove in and reversed engineered it's version of 5DS.

Looking forward to checking out how you've handled skinning for it even if nothing works for hd2 it's still a step beyond anything we've had before.

someone with some influence needs to like track down the old devs and just ask about a source version or if they have an ancient CD with their toolkit lying around in a box somewhere haha. though with Mafia1 and HD2 being relisted for sale now i doubt any x dev could give that out but there could be a chance always worth sending out the odd email.
Gopniks_R_us

2 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:58 am    Post subject: World's first proper custom Mafia character Reply with quote

Even having the ability to export animations would be a godsend , as hdmaster's tools for HD2 break the anims when you do. I don't think he ever got around to finishing them.

So far me and Dan got around to importing some models into the game and i got halfway to a custom weapon , but the animations happen to be the barrier at the moment.

Anyways appreciate all the hard work you've put in, can't imagine all the long hours of free time that went into writing these tools up. Salute
Duelist

264 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: World's first proper custom Mafia character Reply with quote

OriginalDan wrote:
[...]

He wasn't asking for HD2 there but advising me to check if something from HD2 tools can be used for Mafia. There wasn't anthing new. 4DS tools doesn't import any skin data but from the looks of it - LS3D plugin does. It doesn't export it but at least would be usefull for editing these parts of animations.

I looked into HD2 skin data and it seems to be simpler than Mafia one. Files are also not a problem; I have already imported Mafia PS2, HD2 and Chameleon models/some stuff from scene/collisions files into Mafia ( http://mafiascene.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=128309#128309 , http://mafiascene.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=128300#128300 , http://mafiascene.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=128321#128321 , http://mafiascene.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10237&start=0 ). There's nothing really to crack or reverse engineer. It's just that Mafia import/export scripts would have to be adjusted to slighty different file format/set of data. So custom characters for HD2 would be just a matter of doing this. Adjusting 5DS import/export is just a matter of a "dozen" lines of code I guess.

EDIT. I forgot about one thing. I have made a significant change to the exporter. It alows now to export Mafia animals. While importing them worked from the beginning I didn't know how to code this properly for exporter so human characters were "hardcoded" up to this point.
Duelist

264 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject: World's first proper custom Mafia character Reply with quote

I've added support for billboard, mirror and glow objects to both; importer and exporter. Looks like every 4DS object can be imported, edited and exported back. Also rewrote material flags and material plugin itself. Now to check if there are any more or new errors and fix them.

I also wrote 6DS import/export. Characters and guns shadows can now be edited. Car shadows can be slighty improved. Look at front wheels shadows - they now follow wheels turns (same can be done with doors or other movable car parts I guess):

spartaque12

81 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:39 pm    Post subject: World's first proper custom Mafia character Reply with quote

wow, amazing work duelist!
Kamelot

67 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:09 pm    Post subject: World's first proper custom Mafia character Reply with quote

Duelist It looks all great! Applause But the question is .. Are you sharing your 3D scripts for Max that are shown in your videos? Very happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: