FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

World's first proper custom Mafia character
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Duelist

252 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:58 pm    Post subject: World's first proper custom Mafia character Reply with quote

I haven't done anything for the past months.

Normals still require some work. Import and export themselves work ok, but I'm doing some stuff with characters models in between and they are lost in the process there.

Tutorial has 14 pages so far; covered LODs and character rigging. I was starting to write about creating morphs.

Sector importer works ok, exporter seems to be working ok but need more tests.

For no particular reason I was thinking about Mafia animations 2 days ago so... I wrote 5DS import script yesterday Sticking out tongue

BTW. Why some of my topics are not visible on the forum anymore?

Video:

Video:
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

277580 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:38 pm    Post subject: World's first proper custom Mafia character Reply with quote

Duelist wrote:
BTW. Why some of my topics are not visible on the forum anymore?

Unless people post regularly any topic will go down
the list. Other than huckleberrypie's post on Sept 22
the previous one made by AMadeMan was Jul 21

As there is only a modicum of activity in this thread
I do not deem it necessary to make this a *sticky*.
Also I gather others are waiting for your updates;
sometimes with some impatience, however as you
have said
Quote:
I haven't done anything for the
past months
that being your last post before
your recent one was back in July 21 @12:19 pm.

Duelist

252 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject: World's first proper custom Mafia character Reply with quote

I know that topics are going down or being bumped by replies. I mean not visible at all - even through "View your posts" option. Maybe I should have wrote removed instead of not visible. There's no topic for my PS2 racing missions, topic that I "hijacked" for my freeride mod or a tutorial topic on reversing race track direction. Why they were deleted?

EDIT: I can see two of them through finding my all posts. Trying to access another search page just gives an error. Still, they are not visible.
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

277580 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: World's first proper custom Mafia character Reply with quote

Duelist wrote:
I know that topics are going down or being bumped by replies. I mean not visible at all - even through "View your posts" option. Maybe I should have wrote removed instead of not visible. There's no topic for my PS2 racing missions, topic that I "hijacked" for my freeride mod or a tutorial topic on reversing race track direction. Why they were deleted?

EDIT: I can see two of them through finding my all posts. Trying to access another search page just gives an error. Still, they are not visible anymore.

To avoid going off topic too much I will PM you

AMadeMan

374 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:17 pm    Post subject: World's first proper custom Mafia character Reply with quote

Nice work on the animations Duelist. I hope to see more progress and hopefully more new things to come in the future.
flovivi

295 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject: World's first proper custom Mafia character Reply with quote

Considering how old the modding community is and the fact that animations seem to be a no-go area, it is amazing that someone just was "thinking about Mafia animations 2 days ago" and then writes a script... AMAZING!!!

I always thought that day would never come, since I had the impression that this was impossible. You, sir, are truly amazing. If I had a hat on now, I would take that off to you.

It always amazes me how people can open/debug an unknown file-type that just includes a bunch of weird characters and strings and then just figure it all out.

First characters, now animations. Truly impressing and amazing.
AsaSK

Mafiascene Veteran Modder
Mafiascene Veteran Modder

13094 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:35 am    Post subject: World's first proper custom Mafia character Reply with quote

I don't know where you popped up from Duelist, but your stuff is incredible. Tutorial is much appreciated, too! Applause

The official Mafioso Mod thread
Duelist

252 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: World's first proper custom Mafia character Reply with quote

AsaSK wrote:
I don't know where you popped up from Duelist, but your stuff is incredible. Tutorial is much appreciated, too! Applause

From my mother's... No no no...don't do that! Hehe, thanks Smile

flovivi wrote:
Considering how old the modding community is and the fact that animations seem to be a no-go area, it is amazing that someone just was "thinking about Mafia animations 2 days ago" and then writes a script... AMAZING!!!

I always thought that day would never come, since I had the impression that this was impossible. You, sir, are truly amazing. If I had a hat on now, I would take that off to you.

It always amazes me how people can open/debug an unknown file-type that just includes a bunch of weird characters and strings and then just figure it all out.

First characters, now animations. Truly impressing and amazing.

Thank you Smile Although I can't take credit for figuring file structure itself becouse I was using hdmaster's template which might have been based on GOLOD55's research back in 2006 (if russian Mafia Mod wiki is right). I did some minor tweaks for Mafia though. Writing maxscript was quite easy compared to the character one. That's why it was so fast Sticking out tongue There was also that spontaneous thought Sticking out tongue

Neither of them noted that there's one more data block apart from position, scale, rotation. I don't know what it does and which controller should be assigned to it in 3D Max. It is supposed to affect only "notify" dummy (inside character model files) for some animations like; walk, run ones or VykopnutiDveri (without "f" letter). Its values seems to be either 1 or 2 (they're uint16's unlike rest - floats).
lol200004

55 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:36 pm    Post subject: World's first proper custom Mafia character Reply with quote

This is amazing, Duelist.
AMadeMan

374 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject: World's first proper custom Mafia character Reply with quote

Please continue doing amazing work Duelist. Without you, we wouldn't be where we are in Mafia modding today.
Melhior

554 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: World's first proper custom Mafia character Reply with quote

Duelist wrote:

Thank you Smile Although I can't take credit for figuring file structure itself becouse I was using hdmaster's template which might have been based on GOLOD55's research back in 2006 (if russian Mafia Mod wiki is right)

I didn't think our modding wiki was internationally known. I already want to try these scripts myself.
Smile
lol200004

55 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: World's first proper custom Mafia character Reply with quote

Duelist, Are you planning to add .tck animation files in the future?
Duelist

252 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: World's first proper custom Mafia character Reply with quote

AMadeMan wrote:
Please continue doing amazing work Duelist. Without you, we wouldn't be where we are in Mafia modding today.

Thanks Smile Heh, and I registered here with "trash" nickname/email only to download MWE so I could remove that red gate behind Salieri's Bar that was annoying me since 2002...

Melhior wrote:
I didn't think our modding wiki was internationally known. I already want to try these scripts myself.
Smile

Before I started modding I googled for whichever mafia modding sites it would find in whatever languages they would come Sticking out tongue

lol200004 wrote:
Duelist, Are you planning to add .tck animation files in the future?

Tck files doesn't seem to contain any usefull animation data. There's only a bunch of XYZ coordinates without anything that could tell you where to assign it. It seems to me that these might be just some debug files with how object/character general position is changing in time.

BTW. I wrote exporter today Sticking out tongue Tommy is showing his inner child while running around playground. Wiiiiuuu

Video:
AMadeMan

374 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject: World's first proper custom Mafia character Reply with quote

This can be very useful for other mods such as the Titanic mod and Real Car Facing.
huckleberrypie

330 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:33 am    Post subject: World's first proper custom Mafia character Reply with quote

That video of Tommy spazzing around definitely needs to go along with this song:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: