FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Mafia 2: Modding Tookit
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
arbitrarymobster

81 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:03 pm    Post subject: Mafia 2: Modding Tookit (Very Experimental) Reply with quote

@ASM: EntityDataStorage_0.bin in each vehicle archive contains handling data for each vehicle: Weight; Horsepower; gears; etc.
Greavesy1899

78 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia 2: Modding Tookit (Very Experimental) Reply with quote

arbitrarymobster wrote:
@ASM: EntityDataStorage_0.bin in each vehicle archive contains handling data for each vehicle: Weight; Horsepower; gears; etc.

Isn't that data located in "vehicles.tbl"? The only data i see in "EntityDataStorage" is scripts and mainly empty bytes.
Greavesy1899

78 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:59 am    Post subject: Mafia 2: Modding Tookit Reply with quote

A lot of library edits have been made, which has allows the program to now delete objects from the FrameResource, and configure FrameNameTables.

This first picture shows deleted objects, this is only the first step. It doesn't actually delete the data from the bufferpools or the FrameResource, except the actual object. (If you're not too sure on how the SDS structure is, it just means it's not fully functional yet. Smile )

This last picture is showing work on FrameNameTables. In the summer SDS files, the snow still actually exists. It's just disabled in the FrameNameTable. A small bug actually identified this for me. I do find this odd though. Why did the developers leave the snow there??

One last note; I created a paypal.me. If you would like to support this project and help keep it running, feel free to donate using the link here.

And like always, if you're not on the discord, join! It's nice and friendly! http://discord.gg/SSQB97U
AMadeMan

327 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:11 pm    Post subject: Mafia 2: Modding Tookit Reply with quote

Great work man! I really like where this is going.
arbitrarymobster

81 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia 2: Modding Tookit (Very Experimental) Reply with quote

Greavesy1899 wrote:
arbitrarymobster wrote:

Isn't that data located in "vehicles.tbl"? The only data i see in "EntityDataStorage" is scripts and mainly empty bytes.

No. I have modified EntityDataStorage_0.bin files successfully.
Greavesy1899

78 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject: Mafia 2: Modding Tookit Reply with quote

Hmm. Can you send me a sample? The only ones I can find exist in the sds archive called "city_universe". They seem to be to do with events around the city, like carrying crates, newsstands or hot dog stands.

EDIT:

Found the file you're talking about. It looks like there are different versions of this file. One for vehicle data, and one for City_Universe data.
osaru

32 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia 2: Modding Tookit (Very Experimental) Reply with quote

arbitrarymobster wrote:
Greavesy1899 wrote:
arbitrarymobster wrote:

No. I have modified EntityDataStorage_0.bin files successfully.

How did you modify the EntityDataStorage file? Did you use Ultra Edit or one of Yusik's programs:

http://www.playground.ru/files/mafia_2_vehicle_editor_eds-77900/

If so then I would like to inform you of my situation with several of Yusik's programs including the FrameRes_Editor which was resolved by an internet user:

https://reverseengineering.stackexchange.com/questions/18550/please-edit-this-exe-file-i-beg-you-at-least-tell-me-what-can-be-doneno-gene/18554#18554

As for the Vechile Editor (EntityDataStorage), the cars lose balance and stability once the aforementioned file pertaining to such car is saved on Yusik's assigned program, regardless of any edits. If you visit the link to a Stack Exchange discussion, you will discover that my issue could be a case of localization - while I am experiencing problems with some of Yusik's programs, other users who are Russian reported that they never encountered any flaws concerning his program.
Greavesy1899

78 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject: Mafia 2: Modding Tookit Reply with quote

Apologies for being quiet. I've been working very hard on updating the tool. I felt like the toolkit needed SDS packing and SDS unpacking, so I built a tool to make it easier to pack/unpack and quickly edit files using a new program called the "Game Explorer".

It can also handle "Friends for life" archives, which seem to be impossible to unpack with other programs.

Also added support for XML files and added a fix, so all possible XML files can be opened.

After a few days of bug fixing and polishing, I will resume working on support for "patches" and models.

New Update here: https://github.com/Greavesy1899/Mafia2Toolkit/releases/tag/1.10.09082018
arbitrarymobster

81 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:22 pm    Post subject: Mafia 2: Modding Tookit Reply with quote

@Osaru: I manually edited using a hex editor. It was a lot of work.
Greavesy1899

78 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia 2: Modding Tookit Reply with quote

arbitrarymobster wrote:

Oh? Do you know how this file structure is layed out? It could really help me. Smile
Greavesy1899

78 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:54 am    Post subject: Mafia 2: Modding Tookit Reply with quote

Work on collision files:

Basic editing can now be achieved. The only edits i've done is allow water to be drivable, and change its material property. Feast your eyes on these three videos! Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6McXwXQ0Cpc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ffn80U4_Z20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkZi86j2_BY
osaru

32 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: Mafia 2: Modding Tookit Reply with quote

Greavesy1899 wrote:
Apologies for being quiet. I've been working very hard on updating the tool. I felt like the toolkit needed SDS packing and SDS unpacking, so I built a tool to make it easier to pack/unpack and quickly edit files using a new program called the "Game Explorer".

It can also handle "Friends for life" archives, which seem to be impossible to unpack with other programs.

Also added support for XML files and added a fix, so all possible XML files can be opened.

After a few days of bug fixing and polishing, I will resume working on support for "patches" and models.

New Update here: https://github.com/Greavesy1899/Mafia2Toolkit/releases/tag/1.10.09082018

The files in the Friends For Life DLC are impossible to unpack because they were encrypted via a program created by the aforementioned programmer Yusik. It is impressive how you were able to bypass the obfuscation.
Greavesy1899

78 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia 2: Modding Tookit Reply with quote

osaru wrote:
Greavesy1899 wrote:

The files in the Friends For Life DLC are impossible to unpack because they were encrypted via a program created by the aforementioned programmer Yusik. It is impressive how you were able to bypass the obfuscation.

It was actually relatively straight forward.

Each SDS archive has a section for the "ResourceXML", which basically stores names of each file depending on the "Resource Type". It was easy to fix because I add a statement to check if this exists, and if it doesn't exist, then the unpacker will just name the files "NULL_XX" instead. The "ResourceXML" file is actually packed inside the archive as a resource in the "Friends for Life" mod, which is kind of weird.

I hope this is relatively understandable.
arbitrarymobster

81 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia 2: Modding Tookit Reply with quote

Greavesy1899 wrote:
arbitrarymobster wrote:

Oh? Do you know how this file structure is layed out? It could really help me. Smile

I figured out about 90% of the file. It is layed out similar to vehicles.bin from Mafia 1, but each vehicle has its own file rather than all vehicles in one.
germangraf

2 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia 2: Modding Tookit (Very Experimental) Reply with quote

Greavesy1899 wrote:
The next part I've been working on is custom models ingame:

As you can see, the fireplace has gone and been replaced with a barrel. The textures are incorrect, but basic meshes can be implemented into the game.

Remember! Don't forget to join the discord if you haven't already: Click for discord link

This is a google translation
I'm making a mod from Mafia 2 into another game and I'm having a problem with turning objects. In your program, the rotation of the object looks like this: JFM1_koupelna, 8928119463019431211
X: 3,415095E-06, Y: 0, Z: 90, .You make a turn in the hand yaw -90.0 pitch 0.00 roll 0.00.How do you ponemanat turn in your program?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: