FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

MAFIA 2 - a way to import modded objects into the scene
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AMadeMan

390 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject: MAFIA 2 - a way to import modded objects into the scene Reply with quote

YOOO this is awesome! Great work man! Applause
T3mas1

332 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:13 pm    Post subject: MAFIA 2 - a way to import modded objects into the scene Reply with quote

Good to see you hyped, but please note that all the work with the map shown in the pictures, in the update was done by Greavesy, you should praise HIM. Smile
AMadeMan

390 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:07 pm    Post subject: MAFIA 2 - a way to import modded objects into the scene Reply with quote

With enough dedication and love, we could end up starting a Mafia 2 remake project from these new modding capabilities as well as the new toolkit being made by Greavesy. Soon, so much will be able to be added to this game like Mafia 1, something I remember not even being remotely possible.
T3mas1

332 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject: MAFIA 2 - a way to import modded objects into the scene Reply with quote

Greavesy has been working on reversing collision data very hard. As a test he converted a part from the GTA SA map and made collisions for it. It is still buggy, but there's certainly some progress!

AMadeMan

390 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:00 pm    Post subject: MAFIA 2 - a way to import modded objects into the scene Reply with quote

Awesome work on the collisions Greavesy! Now if only we could modify those outdated textures, because when it came to Mafia 2 the first thing that I knew was looking aged was the textures and shaders.
T3mas1

332 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:31 pm    Post subject: MAFIA 2 - a way to import modded objects into the scene Reply with quote

Collisions for the countryside map from Mafia 1

This has been achieved with Zmodeler 3 by Oleg.

This year is very interesting as far as Mafia 2 is concerned, I have to say.

Agens is working on the convert of the map. If you can make alpha textures and textures for games in general or if you can convert textures into the DDS format and you want to help and thus have the mod released earlier, write to him under the video in the comment section. You would be doing agens and the whole community waiting patiently for the mod a big favor!
AMadeMan

390 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:20 pm    Post subject: MAFIA 2 - a way to import modded objects into the scene Reply with quote

Nice vid man! Also, I checked the discord, and it seems that collisions are now making good progress. APEX physics in the modding tool kit will also be able to be modified.
T3mas1

332 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject: MAFIA 2 - a way to import modded objects into the scene Reply with quote

The first map mod

AMadeMan

390 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:49 pm    Post subject: MAFIA 2 - a way to import modded objects into the scene Reply with quote

bloody awesome! The stairs inside interiors even collide with the player!
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1288 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:55 pm    Post subject: MAFIA 2 - a way to import modded objects into the scene Reply with quote

Holy cow, I can't believe what I'm seeing... This is amazing! My jaw literally dropped Shocked
Duelist

264 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject: MAFIA 2 - a way to import modded objects into the scene Reply with quote

I'm not into Mafia 2, but I wonder how are interiors handled in there? Is it the same as in Mafia 1 - sector + portals?
T3mas1

332 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:48 pm    Post subject: MAFIA 2 - a way to import modded objects into the scene Reply with quote

So I have some new information about the map conversion that agens is doing. Unfortunately that is no good news.

Agens started converting the city of Lost Heaven into M2. But the map is too big for a modding unfriendly game such as Mafia 2. The game simply can't handle the massive amount of textures of the city and as a result the map model breaks. The map works properly only when the amount of textures within a SDS that is loaded, doesn't exceed the given limit of textures.

So what is needed?
The map needs to be devided into parts with their own AREA.

What is an AREA?
An AREA is an invisible box. When the player is located within boundaries of the box (in the box, in the AREA), a SDS (= a package of a part of a map), to which the AREA is assigned, is loaded.

This is how it probably looks like:

AREAS from Joe's Adventures

Agens seems to have managed to create a new AREA and he seems to be able to move the AREA as needed. But the problem is that that he can't register newly created AREAs and as a result the game doesn't read his AREAs. It is unknown where the data about AREAs is. Something related to AREAs has been found in StreamMapa.bin, but editing it and trying to register a new AREA there has no effect.

Somebody is needed to help to find the way to do it (to register a new AREA). If you feel you can do that, please help.

Here are some screens, notice the missing textures (the black models)

Duelist: The game has AREAs, described above, they work for interiors too. An AREA of a part of a map can be loaded at the same time with an AREA of a shop, provided that the shop is defined to be assigned to an AREA that handles interiors. Normally only one AREA can be loaded at a time. AREAs for shops seem to be an exception - they load even if there is already a loaded AREA of a city. An AREA of a part of a city and an AREA of a shop (only one) can be loaded at the same time. Two AREAs of a part of a city can't be loaded at the same time. At least that is the way I get it. Here is a video that shows that in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXcr9jGuuv0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: