FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Changing race direction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Modding Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Duelist

264 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:55 pm    Post subject: Changing race direction Reply with quote

Short tutorial on reversing existing race direction.

1. Copy race mission folder and add "_mirror" suffix to its name,
2. Run Check.bin editor, open check.bin from newly created folder and locate starting/finish line,
3. Switch IDs as shown on the screenshoot (IDs 2 & 3 are track bounds, 636 - start/finish line). If there are more points between boundaries switch them as well,

4. Run MWE and rotate starting points. Make any other changes you find necessary.
Duelist

264 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:34 pm    Post subject: Changing race direction Reply with quote

You have never rotated anything in MWE? What? Don't get me wrong but this is basic knowledge without which it's not even worth trying to mod Mafia. You should read MWE help files first and maybe official forum thread http://mafiascene.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9343&start=0 .
Duelist

264 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:31 pm    Post subject: Changing race direction Reply with quote

I advise to download Polish version of Check.bin editor so you can at least translate stuff: Download Link

There's a quirk in Check editor. You can't switch IDs in one go. First you have to "free" these particular IDs. So set them to 0, save file, reopen it again (I don't remember if restarting program is also needed), and only now you are able to set them to IDs you want.
Duelist

264 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject: Changing race direction Reply with quote

Test bump for making this topic visible again.
Cukier

Mafiascene Veteran Modder
Mafiascene Veteran Modder

17022 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject: Changing race direction Reply with quote

No need to do that stuff.
After enabling racing mode you can change Direction from Normal to Reversed.

You can unlock Racing mode by unpacking Tables.
Then in Tables/MENU you need to rename mainmenurac.mnu to mainmenu.mnu.
Then Racing button will be enabled in menu.

Edit: I was wrong, i forgot that reversed maps had suffix _reversed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Modding Tutorials All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: