FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Looking for latest 3DS Max export script

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Tools
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AsaSK

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

10500 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject: Looking for latest 3DS Max export script Reply with quote

Does anyone have v4 of Mr. F's .4ds export script for 3DS Max? I think that's the most up-to-date version. Its predecessors seem to export textures in a buggy way..

The official Mafioso Mod thread
Duelist

238 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject: Looking for latest 3DS Max export script Reply with quote

I do, but I'm still working on it Wink Version 3 is the newest and there are no texture bugs in there.

EDIT: Now that I'm thinking about it. It might not export "color key" flag properly. I'll have to check it.
AsaSK

10500 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject: Looking for latest 3DS Max export script Reply with quote

That's interesting Thinking I'm getting lots of textures swapped around - I'm having to correct them with Djbozkosz's 4DS Manager.

Duelist

238 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:54 pm    Post subject: Looking for latest 3DS Max export script Reply with quote

Swapped textures will happen if you delete all faces of an particular texture from a mesh that has multi-material assigned (holds multiple textures) which would result in skipping some textures (red circle, 5 textures used, 1st one skipped, will result in an error).

To fix this you can create new multi-material (yellow circle), assign textures skipping 1st one, assign material to mesh and adjust face texture IDs.

I considered it rather as an user error than exporter one but I looked into script and updated it to take that into account during exporting. I have to test it a bit but it seems that this won't be an issue in the new version anymore.
AsaSK

10500 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:00 pm    Post subject: Looking for latest 3DS Max export script Reply with quote

Ah, yeah definitely human error - thanks for clearing that up! That would explain why it tends to happen when editing existing game models.
Relatedly, is there any way to delete redundant map slots? Even slots of textures applied in MAX don't seem to delete when the slots are cleared.. if that makes sense Embarassed

Duelist

238 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject: Looking for latest 3DS Max export script Reply with quote

You mean slots from multi-material? If so click on "Set Number" button right from yellow circle.
lol200004

51 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject: Looking for latest 3DS Max export script Reply with quote

Export does have a few errors. Need to download the latest Boz4dsfullmanager there to see. Marked in red, an empty material is created. Marked blue, the effect flag is off, but color key is on and works in the game.

Boz4dsfullmanager is well suited to compare the original with the re-export model and identify errors.
Duelist

238 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:40 pm    Post subject: Looking for latest 3DS Max export script Reply with quote

Yes, I wrote earlier that there might be something wrong with flags. It's fixed now. I've also fixed an importer error - it actually didn't import custom Mafia material but the default one. Flags can be now properly imported and stored. Also, materials are now consolidated during import.
AsaSK

10500 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:46 pm    Post subject: Looking for latest 3DS Max export script Reply with quote

So I rebuilt the texture tree in the slate editor and it looked fine upon export. But sometime later, when I edited the mesh and exported it with the script, I got this..

AMadeMan

247 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:20 am    Post subject: Looking for latest 3DS Max export script Reply with quote

0_o uhm... That's interesting.
Welp errors are bound to happen sometimes. Laughing
Duelist

238 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject: Looking for latest 3DS Max export script Reply with quote

Doesn't seem like an exporter error. Did you overwrite an object that had lightmap created or face collision assigned to it in the scene? This would generate this kind of error since you're changing structure of an object. If not, does it look like this in Max viewport after importing again?
AsaSK

10500 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject: Looking for latest 3DS Max export script Reply with quote

Ah you were right, an existing lightmap was the issue. I had no idea it could cause such a bizarre geometry effect..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Tools All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: