FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Changing race direction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Modding Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Duelist

238 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:55 pm    Post subject: Changing race direction Reply with quote

Short tutorial on reversing existing race direction.

1. Copy race mission folder and add "_mirror" suffix to its name,
2. Run Check.bin editor, open check.bin from newly created folder and locate starting/finish line,
3. Switch IDs as shown on the screenshoot (IDs 2 & 3 are track bounds, 636 - start/finish line). If there are more points between boundaries switch them as well,

4. Run MWE and rotate starting points. Make any other changes you find necessary.
brokenneedlecaa76

399 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject: Changing race direction Reply with quote

thank you very much for the quick tutorial. I know i sound like a dumb ass but how do i rotate starting points with mwe. As well is it a must that one must see mwe mission as is in game to mod with it. thanks again.
Duelist

238 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:34 pm    Post subject: Changing race direction Reply with quote

You have never rotated anything in MWE? What? Don't get me wrong but this is basic knowledge without which it's not even worth trying to mod Mafia. You should read MWE help files first and maybe official forum thread http://mafiascene.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9343&start=0 .
brokenneedlecaa76

399 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:38 am    Post subject: Changing race direction Reply with quote

sorry about the "not rotating part" for mwe. I haven't got it figured out yet but have been working on it.
I tried to follow your instructions to reverse race and even though i seem to have an understanding of the instructions; the changes to switch id:0 to id:636, id:2 and id:3 don't take place. I keep getting a pop up window with information that i can't read; however the idea of the pop up seems to be that it won't allow change being that the 10 code hex key is already using it. I tried to make changes to all id:#s for trat08, and gave up after not being able to get all changes to save.
I think it will be easier to start with a race that only has id:636,2 and 3.
I have been able to get one check.bin file to hold changes and yet i don't know how.
Would you be able to give a more dummies like version of the reverse racing start please? If i ever get this figured out I'll reverse option all of the races.
thanks again.
Duelist

238 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:31 pm    Post subject: Changing race direction Reply with quote

I advise to download Polish version of Check.bin editor so you can at least translate stuff: Download Link

There's a quirk in Check editor. You can't switch IDs in one go. First you have to "free" these particular IDs. So set them to 0, save file, reopen it again (I don't remember if restarting program is also needed), and only now you are able to set them to IDs you want.
brokenneedlecaa76

399 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject: Changing race direction Reply with quote

thanks again for your reply, i appreciate all of your help.

update: I have been putting in time working with mwe and have surprised myself about what i learned and can do, small tasks and steps but I'm learning.

The docs are a little bit clearer than mud but helpful none the less. I now understand how to reverse parts of track and have been able to change track surface to dirt gravel; i believe its material 5, it works nicely. I would love to learn how to make the tire treads by racers left permanent; like skidmarks on pavement, as well as to make a few deeper ruts. As well I've added a bunch of waving spectators and onlookers in front of the fence, in the stands, and elsewhere.Other changes as well.

As far as the check.bin goes, i thank you for the hint to convert it in polish, I have multiple tutorials on the other computer that need to be translated;good and working offline translators are few and none. I haven't been able to get the reverse to work yet,however i have a better understanding of check.bin.

To start with I use some extra points/coordinates to create new points where i want coordinates to go;ie id 636, id 1,id 2, etc. without changing id or hex of new points.once everything is where it is wanted save info from old points into word, delete old points, paste old points info into new. I haven't actually done it like this yet, well not intentionally, but I think it will work; and your answer confirms this.Thank you

New question for you though; why won't the other racers follow the short track, trat08, according to the check.bin file. The file only shows the short route, however the other racers flow the long route that isn't present in that check.bin. I checked to see if there was a collision or hidden object in there way, but i see nothing. please help, thanks again.
brokenneedlecaa76

399 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:21 pm    Post subject: Changing race direction Reply with quote

since we are working with the check.bin, do you use the in-game tool and other tools additions contained in the program? I have tried to get the in-game to work reading tutorials and watching videos; but no go.ps the link to the polish wouldn't work for my connection, can you send it to googledrive etc. thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Modding Tutorials All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: