FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Lost Heaven Multiplayer [CANCELLED]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavosWorks

31 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:02 am    Post subject: Lost Heaven Multiplayer [CANCELLED] Reply with quote

Thank you nesquik.

Soooo I created new location for DM.. THE GALLERY from Death of ART Sticking out tongue

6 spawnpoints, 3 guns in default, here is the link:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aqc6Y3QdNzHPqIlDtUnRh5yWfHB-Ug

EDIT: One spawnpoint is wrong/faulty
Abakumov

9 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Lost Heaven Multiplayer [CANCELLED] Reply with quote

DavosWorks wrote:
I wanted to try that running server, but I'm getting this error, any solution ? hmm, I've tried Game version changer, but it doesnt work.

BTW, Any new info about release that 2 players COOP ? Very happy

Installed it right now and when I open it says on servers' tab: "Error contacting the master server, please try again later."

Wirmaple7321

20 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject: Lost Heaven Multiplayer [CANCELLED] Reply with quote

Hi. It's year 2018 now.
What happened to mafia multiplayer?
It is cancelled? It can't find ANY servers.
Why it is cancelled? This game must have Multiplayer.
Romop5

Mafiascene Veteran Modder
Mafiascene Veteran Modder

27 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Lost Heaven Multiplayer [CANCELLED] Reply with quote

Wirmaple7321 wrote:
Hi. It's year 2018 now.
What happened to mafia multiplayer?
It is cancelled? It can't find ANY servers.
Why it is canceled? This game must have Multiplayer.

Hello. To understand why the project is no longer running, let me briefly introduce our story.

I set up LHMP back in 2013 with ZaKlaus and Davo. That time it was all about passion and self-realization - Mafia was our favorite game and we were highly motivated to bring a multiplayer mode that time. Despite being really young (that time I was 17 whereas ZaKlaus and Davo were two and three years younger, respectively.), we managed to create a proof of concept and throught the time a heavily-bugged multiplayer mode with few features.

It was back in 2015 when the interest into project started to decline. The project hadn't been advancing for a while and it suffered from poorly reversed engineered game and bad code guidelines. No wonder, that time none of us had any professional, academic, nor long-term experience with programming.

Eventually, I decided that it doesn't make sense to anything without being supported by fans and team members. Coincidentally, it happened shortly before enrolling in university where I started to focus mostly at studying as it was and I still consider it as once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to improve myself.

I switched long hours of wasting my time in front of OllyDbg, Cheat Engine and Visual Studio with better understanding of maths, C/C++, compilers, and logical systems and I don't regret it. It's been almost three years, yet I can feel I've learnt a lot though I feel respect for Mafia as it gave me a knowledge of big picture, at least as long as computers and programs are concerned.

In conclusion, I'd like to point out why we no longer participate at any Mafia mode brining multiplayer. We've learned a lot and we feel there are a lot of challenges in front of us.

In case you'd like to search for our source code files or videos, there is a domain I bought for this purposes as someone bought our lh-mp.eu and wants $500 for it (suckers).

You can find everything mentioned above at mafia-mp.eu

Best regards
- Roman

Abakumov wrote:
DavosWorks wrote:
I wanted to try that running server, but I'm getting this error, any solution ? hmm, I've tried Game version changer, but it doesnt work.

BTW, Any new info about release that 2 players COOP ? Very happy

Installed it right now and when I open it says on servers' tab: "Error contacting the master server, please try again later."

Actually, it's possible to connect to desired IP:port server manually. You can enter a dialog window upon clicking on [->] icon at the window of server list.

Masterserver is no longer running as I'm too lazy to compile it under Linux. Another problem would be the fact that our system relied at master.lh-mp.eu domain which is no longer in our hands, damn it.
Wirmaple7321

20 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 2:35 am    Post subject: Lost Heaven Multiplayer [CANCELLED] Reply with quote

So Multiplayer Discontinued.
Is there and way to run it with Players in a server?
There must be a way.
And also i have 1.0 game version but it says u are running undetected game version.
And i'll hope that someone will Continue the Multiplayer...
Vortrex

8 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:01 am    Post subject: Lost Heaven Multiplayer [CANCELLED] Reply with quote

I had a master server running, but I turned it off a while back because I didn't think people would even play it. I fixed a few things in the client/server too.

I'll turn on the master list again and hopefully that'll satisfy some people.
This is for the old LH-MP though, not that co-op thing.

Also, I should note that there is no traffic or anything. It's all gotta be scripted.

All the info here: https://vortrex.info/lhmp
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: