FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

The Mafia 4 that could've been

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Games Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you want to see Mafia in the 70s or remain in the 20s to 50s?
Yes!
25%
 25%  [2]
Maybe, if it includes Vito and Joe
0%
 0%  [0]
No!
75%
 75%  [6]
Total Votes : 8

AMadeMan

312 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:50 am    Post subject: The Mafia 4 that could've been Reply with quote

https://www.pcgamesn.com/mafia-4-setting

It seems that Mafia 4 was actually being considered by Hangar 13, but as we can see never took off. Since it was gonna be created by Hanger 13, had the project actually take off, I believe it would've been another disaster.

It would be interesting to see a Mafia game in a later time period like the 70s and take place in Vegas, but personally I feel that the 20s to 50s seem to be the best period for Mafia games, but it really just depends on how the devs can make the game an enjoyable, detailed, authentic experience.

Let us hope one day that Warhorse Studios will purchase the rights to Mafia so Dan Vavra can see his child shine bright like a star once more.

Let me know what you guys think.

EDIT: sorry I should've clarified which option meant yes or no

YES! = 70s
NO! = 20s - 50s

Last edited by AMadeMan on Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:59 pm; edited 3 times in total
T3mas1

316 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject: The Mafia 4 that could've been Reply with quote

I would love to see Mafia 4 in the 70s. It makes sense to me: Mafia 1 - 30s + 20 = Mafia 2 50s + 20 = Mafia 4 70s, note: I don't consider Mafia 3 a Mafia game.

I love the 70s, it is very retro and style. On the other hand I don't like the 80s for some reason.

I am rather glad that the Hangar 13 studio is not going on with Mafia. They didn't even bother to play the first Mafia game. They did not understand the Mafia franchise.

Speaking of Mafia 4, I've been thinking about Mafia 4 being set in Czechoslovakia in the fresh 90s. After the revolution there were a lot of people who stole cars, killed journalists, businessmen, the police were very corrupted, there was tunneling everywhere and some bad things that rooted in the old regime even escalated to a new higher level. I am sick of games that take place again and again and again in the USA. I believe the game companies are blind to see this: Europe + Russia + Asie is more than the US and I believe that Americans are also borred with games taking place in the US only. Kingdom Come was released and it was very popular despite the fact is not fantasy and set in a non-English speaking country.
flovivi

289 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:22 pm    Post subject: The Mafia 4 that could've been Reply with quote

Check out the "Beauty Shots" of this wonderful piece of art.

http://polycount.com/discussion/118098/escape-public-enemies-team-penyx

THIS is what mafia 3 should have looked like.

How amazing would it be to roam around in a high end graphic remake of some 1930 city?

A mafia in the 70 or even 80' could as well go through as a GTA. To be honest, if it wasn't for the name I would not have thought that mafia 3 is a mafia game. But that's just my opinion.

Best regards
AMadeMan

312 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:04 am    Post subject: The Mafia 4 that could've been Reply with quote

Those screenshots where AMAZING...Shocked

That is how to do a true Mafia scene!

They said they used Maya 2012 and CryEngine 3 to make it.

But yeah, I know what you mean when you say a 70s Mafia could go as well as GTA, as the first thing that came to mind is GTA vice city stories.
lostinmafia_heavenMS

186 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:41 pm    Post subject: The Mafia 4 that could've been Reply with quote

Anything beyond the 80's wouldn't work for a MAFIA game imo.

After this news I'm really starting to doubt this franchise being in the right hands with H13. Blackman seems less and less interested in Mafia and more importantly it's legacy/fans. Looking back, all they've done is push their SJW agenda, sorry, but that don't fit anywhere, in these games.

The future is more uncertain than ever before, might be a good thing, as for the IP actually changing hands, that seems unlikely. Should it happen and all our dreams came true, IV should be made by R* or Vávra's company no question.

The question at this point, will it be made?
AMadeMan

312 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:42 pm    Post subject: The Mafia 4 that could've been Reply with quote

H13 won't be doing Mafia 4 as it was cancelled for another game they were developing about a Russian jew living in East Berlin in the 80s, but that game got cancelled too.

I presume Mafia 4 was just an idea that never got beyond the drawing board.

I'd hate to see Dan Vavra's first time reaction to Mafia 3 and what H13 did to his baby. He must've been horrified and shocked.
lostinmafia_heavenMS

186 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: The Mafia 4 that could've been Reply with quote

AMadeMan wrote:

I'd hate to see Dan Vavra's first time reaction to Mafia 3 and what H13 did to his baby. He must've been horrified and shocked.

Oh absolutely, though given his leaving before Mafia II, I doubt he cares much about Mafia 3, seeing as it was even further removed from IS/2K czech vision.

IF the scenario in which he could make IV (might have different title altogether) and have total creative freedom somehow came to be, I think he'd do it, since his 'second baby' was taken away from him and a chance to finish his vision.

I know that contradicts what I said earlier about him not caring, but what I mean is that I don't think he feels one way or the other about 'Mafia 3'. He STILL cares about his creation, he's even said (can't remember when) Mafia could have been better, though as an artist you never seem fully satisfied. The other thing is that, this is a HUGE hypothetical, but since we are in fact discussing coulda/woulda/shoulda, this could happen. Smile
T3mas1

316 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:46 pm    Post subject: The Mafia 4 that could've been Reply with quote

Vávra doesn't care now about the Mafia franchise as much as we do. I've heard him talking about it in some interviews. He says he was just very interested in the Mafia stuff back in the day and now it has been so many years that he can't even believe how fast the time goes. Now he has changed and become very interested in the medievel stuff on the other hand. That's it.

He answered this in an interview after asked this question: Where is your hear set more deeply? With the Mafia franchise or with Kingdom Come?

I know that Vávra has a status of a hero of Mafia, especially in the Czech Republic, but it is always good to remind that people who worked on Mafia 1 worked on Mafia 2 as well, with or without Vávra. Mafia 1 and 2 are good also because of their great gameplay and their soundtrack and these things weren't done by Vávra. Theoretically if you put one Vávra into the Hangar studio, which consists of developers who haven't even bothered to play the first Mafia game, you wouldn't get a proper Mafia game. Maybe you may get a nice movie with a good story that happens to be a game that is not fun to play.
AMadeMan

312 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:42 pm    Post subject: The Mafia 4 that could've been Reply with quote

Are there any of the original Mafia 1/2 devs at Hanger 13 left? I know a bunch of them went to Warhorse Studios while others were laid off.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Games Off-Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: