FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Mafia World Editor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AMadeMan

327 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:49 pm    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

A Mafia 2 World Editor? I'm already looking forward to it.Drooling

Great job guys on such amazing progress! Soon we will be able to have even better Mafia 2 mods.Very happy
agens

29 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

ASM. wrote:
agens wrote:
I asked Oleg to make an export for maps, if everything works out, then soon there will be mods for maps in Mafia 2. If you are interested in this topic to contact Oleg.

Sounds good! Smile

Does he also plan to support Collision resources?

Collision maps are stored in the file "Collision_0.bin." So far, the import can't read it, this file has yet to be parsed.
Jaqub

2 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

agens wrote:
ASM. wrote:
agens wrote:
I asked Oleg to make an export for maps, if everything works out, then soon there will be mods for maps in Mafia 2. If you are interested in this topic to contact Oleg.

Sounds good! Smile

Does he also plan to support Collision resources?

Collision maps are stored in the file "Collision_0.bin." So far, the import can't read it, this file has yet to be parsed.

And agens documented so far that only one collision model can be applied per model.

Jaqub

2 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

Is it possbile to disable scene.4ds on FREERIDE and only have the buildings from cache.bin enabled on the MWE viewport?

ASM.

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

401 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

Jaqub wrote:
Is it possbile to disable scene.4ds on FREERIDE and only have the buildings from cache.bin enabled on the MWE viewport?

Unfortunately, no. Sad

However almost all buildings, vegetation and road signs you see in freeride/mesto missions are located in cache.bin. There're only a few exceptions such as the construction yard in Hoboken or Salieri's Bar which are both located in scene.4ds. The scene2.bin mostly contains decoration objects such as hydrants, trash bins, phone booths, mailboxes etc..
Jaqub

2 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 6:34 pm    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

No, I just want to have the buildings only visible, as you said the content from cache.bin. But its not possible to do that?

ASM.

401 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

Jaqub wrote:
No, I just want to have the buildings only visible, as you said the content from cache.bin. But its not possible to do that?

No, that's currently not implemented in MWE.

What exactly do you need this for if you don't mind me asking?
Jaqub

2 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

ASM. wrote:
Jaqub wrote:

No, that's currently not implemented in MWE.

What exactly do you need this for if you don't mind me asking?

For amateur purposes xD ...ripping

drpepper34

10 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 5:07 pm    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

Just redownloaded Mafia 1 again from GOG. Is there a tutorial on this Editor? I loaded in freeride extreme but I am lost. Say I want to place a phonebooth, how do I do that and then load the game with it?

Ok found the docs folder and resized a building site.. This could be interesting.
AMadeMan

327 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 5:32 pm    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

Sorry for the segway, but is LS3D Sandbox more advanced than MWE? Which one is further developed?
drpepper34

10 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:07 pm    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

Ok, it can't load a model when I save then open the game, what have I done?
ASM.

401 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

drpepper34 wrote:
Just redownloaded Mafia 1 again from GOG. Is there a tutorial on this Editor? I loaded in freeride extreme but I am lost. Say I want to place a phonebooth, how do I do that and then load the game with it?

Ok found the docs folder and resized a building site.. This could be interesting.

You can insert objects via Create->Model and then clicking somewhere in the viewport or by cloning existing objects by first selecting them and then hitting CTRL-C.

drpepper34 wrote:

Ok, it can't load a model when I save then open the game, what have I done?

Did you already run MafiaDataXtractor? By default Mafia prioritizes the *.dta archives and only falls back to the real filesystem if it can't find something. Running MafiaDataXtractor patches the rw_data.dll to reverse that.

AMadeMan wrote:

Sorry for the segway, but is LS3D Sandbox more advanced than MWE? Which one is further developed?

I haven't used it myself yet so I have no idea. Sad
drpepper34

10 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

Cheers ASM. I did redownload it due to mods messing up (not uncommon with me)

I'll run the patcher and try again.

OK I downloaded the mafia community mod, then ran the patch and that succeeded but now the Editor runs deathly slow..? It was OK before, my PC is no slouch either.. ugh. Me and modding do not get on.
ASM.

401 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

drpepper34 wrote:

OK I downloaded the mafia community mod, then ran the patch and that succeeded but now the Editor runs deathly slow..? It was OK before, my PC is no slouch either.. ugh. Me and modding do not get on.

This one? https://www.moddb.com/mods/mafia-remastered/downloads/mafia-community-modpack

Anyway maybe remove the mod for now. If the editor worked properly before, it sounds like there's something about the mod that makes the editor choke.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: