FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

If you could

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brokenneedlecaa76

349 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 5:15 am    Post subject: If you could Reply with quote

If you could redesign mafia 2 with no limitations whatsoever what would you do?
T3mas1

279 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject: If you could Reply with quote

I would redesign nothing. Maybe just expand it. Expansion - that is the right word. I would focus primarly on that. I may not even consider changing the ending. Life is cruel, but I would lengthen the story line, follow up the ending. I would add a new neighborhood in which Vito would live, he would work for Vinci and get a new partner who would be also a one-off like Joe but in another way. He might be young and thus Vito would appear like an old experienced Mafioso next to him.
lostinmafia_heavenMS

186 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject: If you could Reply with quote

My interpretation is the game hides a lot under the surface on purpose, others will say that's a lame excuse for how the story was cut, etc.

It would be nice to lengthen the story 2-3 hours somehow, though I don't really see how, since gangsters live pretty mundane lifes when they are not killing people, which also gets stale Wink. Before Vito goes to jail there was definitely room for more, that part always felt abrupt.

Otherwise I wouldn't change much, I mean, be careful what you wish for, you might just get Mafia 3.
brokenneedlecaa76

349 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 12:00 pm    Post subject: If you could Reply with quote

one thing i would love to do would be to extend the prison time. Prison was and is important to gangsters. In fact, a quote i have heard is one is guarateed to die or go to prison. I feel that there could be some submissions within the prison, utilize the space more. missions within etc.
PtyIersworId

132 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 2:36 am    Post subject: If you could Reply with quote

For starters, I would go back and put back in ALL the cut content that was removed from the game during development. Then I would add more chapters to the game and extend the length of existing chapters using cut content (the original uncut game was supposed to have 18 chapters, not 15). I would add a Freeride mode as was originally intended, plus extra side missions to do in Freeride like Freeride Extreme in Mafia, and implement a SAVE feature in Freeride, so you could save progress. I would massively expand the map size to include the parts of Empire Bay the game designers never built, including the racetrack, plus the countryside around Empire Bay, and maybe a few extra towns that were mentioned in the game. Also, for the record, I love the cars they have in Mafia II (they're my favorite part of the game), but come on, only 50-60 cars? There should be at LEAST 100 in this game, including the ones that were never added, like ambulances, firetrucks, motorcycles, and actual truck trailers for the trucks. I would also rewrite the car spawning system to better accommodate the extra vehicles, as the current system seems to struggle with the ones already in the game (it will only load a few types of cars at once, meaning in some areas, you have to leave and come back repeatedly to get the one you want to spawn). I want a bigger, more diverse soundtrack that actually covers all of what the 1950's had to offer. More radio stations and personalities, including a country station, a pop station, a talk station, an actual oldies station (not the fake one they have), bigger song libraries, plus the ability to buy music from a records store and have a music collection at home (which believe it or not, is another piece of cut content). Lastly, I want an actual ending for the game that ties everything together nicely, and not a half-assed cliffhanger ending like the one they gave us, which was the direct result of (yes, you guessed it!) cut content. I could elaborate more, but these are the main points I want.
brokenneedlecaa76

349 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 3:49 am    Post subject: If you could Reply with quote

PtyIersworId:
Thank you
damn that is a very extensive list, you have certainly given it much thought; thank you for your input and thoughts.
You mention cut scenes, racetrack, countryside etc and a plethora of other wonderful ideas; however do you know if there is a list, booklet, manual of all things that were removed from the game that might be used as reference as to what could or might have been. I have heard of a few things but certainly not the list you have mentioned. i would love to see an entire list. I personally would love to see all the drawings and sketches that were thrown away, the scripts that fell short of production; In my opinion it sounds as if only a fraction of the game was ever made; due to cost, time etc. Viable excuses but in the end it is the gamer/consumer that loses out on the "full" experience.
Not to fall off topic as I did ask a question/the same question for mafia colh, but are similar sources available. I have heard of many, many have been modded back into the game.love to hear more
thanks again
PtyIersworId

132 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 3:24 am    Post subject: If you could Reply with quote

Thank you for the kind words. I have given it a lot of thought, as Mafia 2 was my favorite game of all time for a long time, and I spent years researching and finding things that were cut from the game, and I believe that I have found most, if not all of the things that were cut from the game. I even keep a text file and a folder of all the things that were cut from the game. The full list reads as follows:

Take 2 Acquisition
Mafia II Delayed Repeatedly
Part 01 - Story
Cut Missions
- Chapter 1 - Sicily; Germany, WW2 (Chapter was meant to be much longer and include Vito fighting in Germany in WW2)
- Chapter 2 - Introduction to Mike Bruski, who we never see again
- Chapter 3 - Introduction to Derek sidequests, which never happen
- Chapter 4 - Much shorter than other chapters, likely due to cuts
Deleted Scenes
- Chapter 5: Deleted Scene where Vito drives off a bridge (seen in trailers)
Unused Plotlines (Frankie Potts)
Unused Characters
Unused Lore
Changes to Story
Changes to Characters
End of the Game Cut
Part 02 - Gameplay
Removed Weapons
Removed Items
Removed Actions
Removed Difficulty Level
Interaction with Environment Altered
Altered Combat
Removed Vehicles
Taking Items from Trunk Removed
Removed Instant Quests
Removed Friendly Gangs
Changes to the UI
Changes to Clothing
Unused Reputation System (The way people react to Vito would change depending on how Vito treated them, similar to the karma system in Fallout 3)
Part 03 - Empire Bay
Public Transportation (Player had the choice of Taxi, Bus, AND Subway)
Newspaper, TV, Radio
Phone Calls (There was an entire system for phone calls that was cut)
Removed Stores
Removed Locations
Things To Do in Empire Bay
Cut Music
Removed Safehouses (Vito could originally buy safehouses, and buy furniture for them)
Changes to Empire Bay (buildings/landmarks altered)

Coincidentally, I also uploaded the folder that I use to store all the things that I found about Mafia 2. You can check it out at the link below:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vy39bzi38cfsg3f/AACsaIhi1HdKo3zKfj1vexRJa?dl=0
AMadeMan

198 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject: If you could Reply with quote

Very good list.

Other stuff to be included was:

Seamless transitions between environments (No loading screens)
Buying cars from a dealership
Dog betting
Betting in fights at the prison
Bikes

Regarding the reputation system, I feel there could be remnants of it in the final game. I noticed once you get the new apartment Vito buys later in the game, if you go outside and threaten NPC, some will actually know who you are and refer to you as Mr. Scaletta in fear. Its rare that this happens.

Hopefully once modding capabilities have improved for Mafia 2, the cut characters, cutscenes, and maybe even cut chapters can be reimplemented.
T3mas1

279 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 9:18 pm    Post subject: If you could Reply with quote

I think it may interest you a bit. I made a fan trailer for Mafia 4, in which I used some of the unused ideas that you mention - races, another ending, the countryside. To make you understand - I wish Mafia 4 would be Mafia 2 with new stuff. That's all I want.

PtyIersworId

132 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 2:06 am    Post subject: Re: If you could Reply with quote

T3mas1 wrote:
I think it may interest you a bit. I made a fan trailer for Mafia 4, in which I used some of the unused ideas that you mention - races, another ending, the countryside. To make you understand - I wish Mafia 4 would be Mafia 2 with new stuff. That's all I want.

Pretty good video. A Mafia II remake with all the stuff they cut out, or planned but never made would be a best-seller.
T3mas1

279 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject: If you could Reply with quote

PtyIersworId: Glad you like the video, about the remake... Once I've become a millionaire (unlikely, but you never know Very happy ) I will make that happen! I enjoyed Mafia 2 greatly despite not having all the content, undoubtfully my number-one game forever!
AMadeMan

198 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject: If you could Reply with quote

Mafia 2 remake? count me in!
PtyIersworId

132 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 2:28 am    Post subject: If you could Reply with quote

In fact, while we're at it, why not just remake all the Mafia games with the same standards I mentioned (except for 3, I want to see what Daniel Vavra had originally planned for the third game!). You can't remake Mafia II without remaking the first one.
AMadeMan

198 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 1:49 pm    Post subject: If you could Reply with quote

We technically are already doing that with the new graphics mods coming out for Mafia 1! XD
brokenneedlecaa76

349 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:53 pm    Post subject: If you could Reply with quote

PtyIersworId
thank you for your long but wonderful list and the included link for study is priceless.as well thank you for the new ideas.
to everyone else thank you for your input.

Prison was mentioned a couple times!! what was left out of that scenario, scene? To me that scene always seemed to short, that there was something missing; has there been a mod or dlc done with it? There is so much more that can be done with prison!!(there are full games on prison) I still wish it would have been included in mafia 1. there is a mod that apparently deals with it and someone from this forum had built a model of alcatraz but it seems to be lost. Sorry for going off topic. feel free to start a new topic if you want to discuss this more
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 2 Game All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: