FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

map mod creating

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VCTaxiDriver

12 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject: map mod creating Reply with quote

today I tried the mod city of woodland that made by MarrtyLP
afterward I suddenly come up with the idea of making a map mod
but what I know now is certainly not enough for me to make a mod
because I only know one tool now which is Mafia World Editor( and I don't even know how to use it)
so can please anyone tell me what tools I need for making a map mod and how to use these tools
it will be a big help if you help me solve this problem
thank you!
brokenneedlecaa76

345 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 2:13 am    Post subject: map mod creating Reply with quote

hi i would love to see this tool/mod as well. What do you know about the map so far?
Do you know the size that it is approximate distance to all compass points?
Do you know where to find the map, what files/extensions make up the map?
not being an ass just wondering where and what skills you have to make it happen?
thanks for the interest and hope that you get your answers. anyone?
ASM.

Mafiascene Veteran Modder
Mafiascene Veteran Modder

355 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: map mod creating Reply with quote

The tools you need depend on what exactly you want to do. If you want to edit a mission's scene.4ds (which contains the basic terrain), you'll need Zmodeler v1.07 and/or the 4ds importer/exporter for MAX. For instance placement (models, sounds, lights, scripts, actors, etc.) you'll probably want to use DC||ED/BScriptView in tandem with Mafia World Editor. Paths can be edited/created with CheckRE/Check Editor (for pedestrian and NPC navigation) and RoadRE (for traffic paths).

I think there's an empty mission mod available in the downloads section which provides a minimal barebones mission that is a good starting point for creating maps from scratch.

As far as using these tools is concerned, Mafia World Editor comes with a bit of documentation (check the docs folder). I'm not sure whether this also applies to the other editors mentioned above, though. In general I'd recommend to inspect some of the vanilla missions with these tools and try something simple like adding a car actor to freeride first in order to get a grip on how everything works.
VCTaxiDriver

12 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 2:18 pm    Post subject: map mod creating Reply with quote

thank you brokenneedlecaa76 and ASM.
I think I am much clear on the thing about those tools now
though I know I can't really make anything now as brokenneedlecaa76 said I don't really know nth right now
I already got those tools which ASM. mentioned
but me as a beginner of map creating
I think I will have to learn some skills first like trying to do sth simple as ASM. said
anyway thanks for answering me the question
and sorry for my bad eng
brokenneedlecaa76

345 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject: map mod creating Reply with quote

thank you ASM. i appreciate all of your help ad wisdom.off topic but what do you know about the racing? specificly how to make changes to routes? I would love to make a couple small changes to a race course route trat11 chinatown?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: