FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Mafia 2 Thought on ending(s) cut content

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lostinmafia_heavenMS

186 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:35 pm    Post subject: Mafia 2 Thought on ending(s) cut content Reply with quote

I think most of us who played M2 found it had a worthy story, I think this game suffered the most from unrealistic expectations(I know I had), but that is a discussion for another time. Nice to see a new generation took to Mafia 2, like a lot of us did with Mafia..

Now back to the story. Many praised the story as the game's strong point, however the ending left on a cliffhanger, leaving players confused, disgruntled and unsatisfied. I likewise had these feelings, ultimately it was the thought in the back of my mind that Joe was a goner and I think we knew that.. Joe had become the entire connection to the game and we'd come full circle, it was time to leave. Unfortunately in the Mafia it's six feet under, which is why Mafia 2 had the 'best possible ending', it was not really a cliffhanger (piss off M3).

Lets get to the actual point of this topic.. It was revealed with all of Mafia 2's cut content that there was going to be 4 possible endings, this is not 'new' news by any means. By digging deeper into the game files there is indeed cut content, much was put into the DLC's which is well known. Our very own @Sliderv2 with the Vinci ending https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egIiymCAEy4 . Check out his other related videos. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWUXJd1Ez8Q as well MrSergey1940/zahar well known Mafia 2 modder. If this interests you I'd suggest you check their stuff out if you haven't already.

What say you, do you think Mafia 2 got the ending it deserved?
AMadeMan

390 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:32 pm    Post subject: Mafia 2 Thought on ending(s) cut content Reply with quote

I believe it would've been better to have 3 separated endings and 1 true ending.

Not related to a cut ending, but cut dialogue was found in the game's ending where Leo would say to Vito that Joe was being sent to Mr. Chu to compensate for the deaths of the triads to prevent a war. They changed it to where he simply says he wasn't part of the deal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 2 Game All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: